Nudity only to be seen by the spouse?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Nudity only to be seen by the spouse?

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:56 pm

prairieboy wrote:Several more educated men with various viewpoints. The more educated men tend to be locked in on what they believe, which may or may not be the truth, usually whatever their particular school taught...
I have known many highly educated people, and I've found exactly the opposite: The more educated one is, in my experience, the more s/he's open at least to hearing alternate views. A good education tends to challenge one's preconceptions. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 am

I have talked with a number of highly educated people in several fields of learning, (religion, agriculture, energy, electrical.) Some of them have a high opinion of their own knowledge and are not willing to hear alternate viewpoints. Some believe that what they have been taught is all there is to know on certain subjects. None of them that I talked to were really open minded. And I have heard it said by people who examine the educational system that, in general, the higher the education of a person the narrower their mind gets, in spite of what they like to believe.

Unfortunate that it should be such. Although there is an occasional person of high education who breaks out of the narrow mindset and discovers great things.

I have been working on a strange technology that is incomprehensible to the uneducated, but by the time a person is educated enough to understand it they've been thoroughly indoctrinated against it, so they consider it the height of foolishness to even consider it, condemning anyone who does as a fool of the greatest sort. Only a couple electrical engineers I know of broke through the barrier of higher education and ended up going to great lengths with the technology. Both of whom got ignored and/or shut down by the opposing system.

I have a good education in mechanical and electrical technology just from personal interest and independent study. So I could understand it fairly well and still not let it turn me off with it's apparent violation of fixed laws of physics. When I first got into reading material on it, I was almost turned off because it seemed impossible to my mind, but since someone said it worked, I had to consent that there was something going on that I didn't understand, so I kept reading, and finally gained a partial understanding of a technology that is mind boggling to the common person and educated person alike. Sorry for the riddles, I can't explain it here. I'm just an ordinary guy with an ordinary job, but the good Lord leads into strange places sometimes.

Anyway. I had a nice day today, delivered a load of logs and then went back to the woods to get out another load. So I worked half the day with a pair of shoes on, yah, that's all. :wink:
The neighbors goats pass by sometimes, does that count as social naturism? LOL! after all they have no manufactured covering. Since the neighbor lives a mile and a half off the hiway, they fenced in their house and garden and let their goats free roam.
---RDT
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am

DaveT wrote:I have talked with a number of highly educated people in several fields of learning, (religion, agriculture, energy, electrical.) Some of them have a high opinion of their own knowledge and are not willing to hear alternate viewpoints. Some believe that what they have been taught is all there is to know on certain subjects. None of them that I talked to were really open minded.

I have had the exact same experiences. The pastor at the last church that I attended held five PHDs in varios diciplinces of theology. I questioned one particular area that he was teaching. We had several lengthy discussions in which I let him lay out his understanding and then rebutted each of his points. After about three years, he told me that I was probably the most scripturally astute person he had ever encountered (despite my lack of a formal education in theology) and the only one out of his tens of thousands of church members that had ever held such in depth understanding and conversations with him. Although many of his points seemed OBVIOUSLY illogical, he stated that his mind was made up and not subject to change.

A few years ago, I was asked to present in a debate about evolution and intelligent design presented at our local university. I have a BS in Physical Science and presented against evolutionists who all carried PHDs in Biology or Philosophy. Some of the other presenters for the intelligent design side of the debate also had PHDs. Even though the data pointed more heavily toward the intelligent design side of the debate, the person with the Biology Phd tried to discount it because my degree was not as "presigious" as his and because the other Phds had not had theirs as long. The irony was that most of the material the evolutionists were presenting came out of high school and college presentations from over thirty years ago, much of which had ALREADY been disproved.

DaveT wrote:I have been working on a strange technology that is incomprehensible to the uneducated, but by the time a person is educated enough to understand it they've been thoroughly indoctrinated against it, so they consider it the height of foolishness to even consider it, condemning anyone who does as a fool of the greatest sort. Only a couple electrical engineers I know of broke through the barrier of higher education and ended up going to great lengths with the technology. Both of whom got ignored and/or shut down by the opposing system.

This sounds very interesting. Could you tell me what technology you are working on? I am aware of several machines designed to provide "free energy", such as the Johnson motor. I have been working on a theory based on restricted permanent magnetic fields.

DaveT wrote:Anyway. I had a nice day today, delivered a load of logs and then went back to the woods to get out another load. So I worked half the day with a pair of shoes on, yah, that's all. :wink:
The neighbors goats pass by sometimes, does that count as social naturism? LOL! after all they have no manufactured covering. Since the neighbor lives a mile and a half off the hiway, they fenced in their house and garden and let their goats free roam.

To answer your question "N-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A!". But it DOES make for a wonderful day. :biggrin:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jjsledge » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Dave

Could you PM me the subject matter of your research? I am always curious about such technology (Re: some of Tesla's ideas). If the story I am aware of is true Tesla was shut down because there was not enough money to be made for his financier. The same reason I don't think that "medical science" will find a cure for cancer (they would put themselves out of a job). I am currently aware of 3-4 proven cures that work (80%+ cure rate) but, they are not "approved medical science". Sorry for the rant. (not REAL sorry but . . .)

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 pm

For Christians, it is not a matter of one's personal opinion; it is a matter of what Does God's word say about social nudity? People (even Christians) can (and often do) justify in their minds anything they want to do. However, I have found that the Bible says absolutely NOTHING against social nudity. It does speak often on being sexually pure, but being nude (even socially with someone other than your spouse) is not spoken against in scripture.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

My spouse so far is thoroughly convinced that nudity is only for the spouse. She can't imagine anyone wanting to see or be seen nude unless it is for prurient interest. She still asks me why I'm interested in this, and just doesn't really like my simple answer that I like the way it feels. That's just about all there is to it!
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:47 am

Wannabenude, I said pretty much the same in a previous response to one of your earlier posts. But, you have said it so well. I too just like the way it feels to share being nude with other likeminded people. My wife just can't accept the fact I just enjoy being nude, even alone, with no other motives.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby satexsun » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am

Amen and amen and amen!!!!

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Wannabenude, I said pretty much the same in a previous response to one of your earlier posts. But, you have said it so well. I too just like the way it feels to share being nude with other likeminded people. My wife just can't accept the fact I just enjoy being nude, even alone, with no other motives.

Jim

Jim, remember when we were very young and it was simply fun to take off all our clothes and run around naked like Tarzan or South American Indians? It was an adventure, felt good in our hot humid summers to be rid of all that hot itchy cloth. I had no idea what sex was back then, just knew that Dad got some seeds somehow and planted them in Mom's tummy and they sprouted into baby brothers and sisters.
In other words, I was not doing it for the sex, just the feeling of being natural, being comfortable and free.

If kids and tribal people in the tropics, if art models and health care workers either are nude or see a lot of nudity and aren't turned into sex fiends, then if people would keep that in mind, they might be less likely to question your motive is anything more than adventure, comfort and friendship.

And of course, the social side of it: if you grew orchids, collected stamps, baseball cards, loved owning Ford Mustangs, or any host of things, would you enjoy meeting people who share your enthusiasm and outlook on life? I get a lot of support, information and genuine friendship from naturist folks.
In fact, if there were no nudity at all at our events, just some friendly folks camping out, I would go for the sense of community they create. As a matter of fact, some clubs introduce newcomers to them by having get acquainted dinners in a restaurant. No one is naked, you just meet and make friends. If you want to go to the campground or attend club events, that option is open, but otherwise you have just made some great new friends.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 am

Women are all about relationships. They develop them seemingly without effort; it just comes naturally. The clothed dinners are a real possiblity - I could get my wife to go to something like that. She could meet and talk to some other naturist women, hopefully Christian ones.

Christian Naturists could even be some sort of special interest group, hosted at the resort, with clothed intro gatherings. This must have been tried before...
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for your comments Ramblinman. You're right, it's about enjoying time with others who simply share one's love of going nude in a social setting.

I, unfortunately grew up in a away where I hated to wear shorts, desiring to wear long pants instead. Therefore, i certainly never thougt of the pleasures of running around nude - my loss for sure.

As far as meeting other nudists in a nuetral, clothed seting, such as a restaurant, it might be a good way to introduce my wife to other nudists. i'd sure love for her to engage in conversation with other nudists and learn we/they are not weirdos but simple, everyday people who love life minus clothing when possible.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:As far as meeting other nudists in a nuetral, clothed seting, such as a restaurant, it might be a good way to introduce my wife to other nudists. i'd sure love for her to engage in conversation with other nudists and learn we/they are not weirdos but simple, everyday people who love life minus clothing when possible. Jim

I can't take credit for the idea, just for telling you what one group has already tried (and it works!).

Other than naturists being a little friendlier than average, I can't think of any remarkable differences.
I have met pastors, pastor's wives, police officers, computer techs, building contractors, retired folks, military folks, car dealers, college professors, merchants, landscapers, the list goes on and on. Black, White, Asian, Native American, Hispanic. I haven't met any Australian Aborigines, but I have not been to Australia yet and I am sure that some of them are naturist. I have met infants (watchfully allowed without diapers for brief periods), kids, teens, college age, middle-aged couples, seniors. I made friends with a naturist guy who was about 6'3", weighed about 400 pounds; dainty little ladies barely 5'2" and thin as a teenager and everything in between.
I have met a guy who had so much body hair that it was a stretch to call him naked simply because he was not wearing clothes. Though politics is not discussed much, I know that some naturists are a bit to the left, some more to the right. I have met Christians, Jews, pagans, and undecided.

I think that more clubs should adopt this practice of having clothed Get-Acquainted dinners. Seems to be a great way to help people get over the misconceptions.

Even in my own life, there was a long period of time that I thought nudists were some kind of urban legend. Didn't believe there was such a thing, just a silly joke. This is a direct result of how secretive naturists have been. Perhaps for good reason, but it has fostered rumors that also hurt them.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Cool. This is something that the naturist resorts could facilitate. It would be good for business!
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Thanks for your comments Ramblinman. You're right, it's about enjoying time with others who simply share one's love of going nude in a social setting.

I, unfortunately grew up in a away where I hated to wear shorts, desiring to wear long pants instead. Therefore, i certainly never thougt of the pleasures of running around nude - my loss for sure.

As far as meeting other nudists in a nuetral, clothed seting, such as a restaurant, it might be a good way to introduce my wife to other nudists. i'd sure love for her to engage in conversation with other nudists and learn we/they are not weirdos but simple, everyday people who love life minus clothing when possible.

Jim

Here's another idea for helping make nudity more normal and healthy, less sensational:

There is a Korean-style spa across town and much of the spa treatment involves same-sex nudity, though towels are always nearby and sometimes wrapped around you, sometimes not. Both men and women attend and an increasing number of non-Korean citizens patronize this spa.

Here's a review I found on Yelp:

I LOVE IT HERE!!! It's a "break" from reality. Leave your cellphones in your lockers and come here to RELAX!

We came here on a Saturday afternoon for their body scrubs, but were only allowed admittance once we pay the entrance fee ($25) first. After paying for the admittance fee, we received locker keys on an elastic wristband with a magnet number attached to it. The number serves like a temporary credit card. You buy everything with it (food, massage services, body scrub services, etc.).

Entering the women's locker was like entering a different world. I say this, because nudity is the norm here. I'm super comfortable in my birthday suit so this wasn't necessarily a problem for me, but it might be for people that are uncomfortable around nudity.

My favorite part about this place was the body scrub. All this black, stringy, residue comes off your skin after the body scrub. The lady rubs you up and down, all around, and in those nooks and crannies. By the time she was finished, I felt like I had new skin on my body. It was so slick and shiny, I felt great!!!

Inside the locker room, there's a steam sauna, a dry (charcoal) sauna, an ice bath, a hot bath, and a jacuzzi ish spa. They also have a hip spa (didn't try that). Showers are wide open for the public to see as well as sit down showers where you have a removable shower head to wash with and a mirror to sit in front of. They supply the shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair dryer, q tips, brushes, combs, pajama wear, you name it. What they DONT supply are shoes.

When you go into the co-ed area, you're required to slip into those pjs. Here, you'll find an assortment of saunas: ice, jewel, jade, gold/silver, salt, etc. My favorite was the ice b/c it was really cool and the jade b/c I could have fallen asleep in there. I also enjoyed the jewel sauna b/c it was pretty to relax and lay there looking at the artwork.

You're allowed to sleep here if you'd like (open 24 hours). There was a restaurant included inside the venue, and their moderately priced (smoothies were like $5, Korean dishes ranged from $7 and up). I absolutely will come here at least every couple of months for my body scrub!!!! And potentially try spending the night here just to see what it's like. They offer pillows and blankets, so why not?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 am

Wow, the Korean style spa sounds wonderful. My wife and I have received occasional swedish massages at a couple of diferent locations here in the Las Vegas area and up the road a bit at a little resort we sometimes go to just to get away. Usually, the treatments are segregated, and always covered, though we did once receiveca couples massage.

I always am nude under the sheet draped over my midriff while I noticed my wife kept on her panties. The massages are given by members of the opposite sex, even during the couples massage, unless one specifically requests a same-sex member provide the massage.

Nothing we've experienced has come close to what was described in the Korea style spa as posted by yo Ramblinman.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?