Simple Nudity, or Sophisticated?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Simple Nudity, or Sophisticated?

Postby KalosSoma » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:27 pm

jochanaan wrote:Two men, one a naturist, walked down a street one evening and saw through an open window a woman showering. The non-naturist thought about the sight for weeks, imagining despite himself what it might be like to do sex with her. But the naturist only smiled and walked on. Which of the two men is the more perverted? Which of them knows what simple nakedness is?

I love the phrase "smiled and walked on" in that scenario. Even if they didn't lust, I think many non-naturists would frown in disapproval or gasp in shame, trying to put the image out of their minds. But the naturist would indeed smile -- not in lust or desire, but maybe at the innocence and unintended humor of the situation, and surely in acceptance and in pure appreciation of a fellow human's body.

Before I discovered naturism, I didn't see how someone could experience any appreciation other than sexual for an unclothed body; now, it seems natural to appreciate an unclothed person in terms of God's "fearful and wonderful" creation, with no sexual component at all -- a very liberating change of mind and heart.
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

KalosSoma wrote:Before I discovered naturism, I didn't see how someone could experience any appreciation other than sexual for an unclothed body; now, it seems natural to appreciate an unclothed person in terms of God's "fearful and wonderful" creation, with no sexual component at all -- a very liberating change of mind and heart.
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 8) --John 8:31-32
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Jochanaan,

I too like the symbolism of "smiling and walking on", simply accepting the woman's nude body as natural and acceptable without perverse thoughts. Wouldn't it be onderful if such behavior became the societal norm?

Jim
Livin' naked and free
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?