Who'da thunk it?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Who'da thunk it?

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 am

I guess this is as good a spot as any. I was paddling around the web tonight and by a route i could never retrace I came across this:

http://www.intellectualconservative.com ... e2446.html

So, hey, I check it out My non-academic associates would label me intellectual, and my academic associates would call me conservative, though neither is accurate.

Ah - la la la - So - the dear lady's point is - nudism is bad because [wait for it] it makes one less likely to be aroused by the sight of nudity. Funny - she does not look like she would want skirts long enough to hide the ankles.

Gotta say, I was not expecting THAT slant.

Too bad for all the ethnic groups that have long millennia gone about in little or nothing. I guess the easily aroused Inuit have out-bred all of us.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Who'da thunk it?

Postby Rev. Ross » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:16 am

Interesting concept- "nudity makes one less prone to be sexually aroused". This statement proves the naturist point in a way, naturism and nudity are not about sex or arousal. Being nude does not equal sex. Being able not to be sexually aroused around nude people in a social setting is a good thing. However at home with your spouse, sexual arousal happens due to intimacy and foreplay and love.

Peace, Rev.Ross
Rev. Ross
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 am

Obviously, Rev Ross, you're a dullard. According to the lady's writing which I admit I havent read, only a woman covered head to toe could ever arouse a man's sexual interest. :D I do have to wonder what kind of convoluted logic could ever lead to such inane beliefs.
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

A close reading shows that this author still thinks "nudity = sex." She seems to envision a "reverse pendulum swing" if we were to decondition ourselves from this supposedly automatic association. Of course, many of us have found the reality that, far from being eliminated, our "responses" have merely been brought into line with an ideal that I feel God intended from the beginning: We can look at a naked human who is not our spouse without erotic intent and with simple acceptance, yet with our spouses in appropriate settings there is full and joyful response. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Rev. Ross » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 am

Hey, I do not think I am too much a dullard. I do think we can see pure plain nudity in the form of women whom we are not married to and NOT be aroused. Then I look upon my wife and touch her, and I am very aroused.
Plain nudity does not = sex.

Thanks, Rev.Ross
Rev. Ross
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:23 pm

It looks like major disconnect between reality and opinion. Social nudity is simply fun and calming. Nudity with my wife in a non-romantic situation was about the same. Nudity with my wife when we were romantically inclined was hot, intense, and very sexual. I look forward to that again when girlfriend becomes wife in October.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 am

It is quite an old article (2003) and was kickback to Florida's now disgraced Mark Foley's disgust with nudist teen summer camps.

While I agree with the premise that regular social nudity diminishes our "automatic" association of nudity with sexual desire, the "Pavlovian" effect she speaks of, I vehemently disagree that such attitude changes adversely affect sexual attraction between husband and wife.

My wife and I are nude much of the time in the early early mornings, during breakfast, Bible study and the morning news, in the evenings, all night and over the weekends. However, we have a fairly active sex (love) life.

Our attraction is not focused on our nude bodies, but on our naked hearts, usually beginning and ending by looking deep into each other's eyes, not our exposed "nether" regions. For us, one of the greatest benefits of being nude together so much is that we are released from the sexual tensions that otherwise would drive us if we were only to see each other unclothed less frequently.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I had a nephew say the same thing--he didn't want to go to a nudist resort because he was afraid it would desensitize him to nudity in a sexual situation.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:20 am

This is why from my earliest days I have objected to being called "intellectual". Those who welcome being called "intellectual" and apply it to themselves, in my experience, all too often manage to come up with essentially dumb ideas.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 am

Petros wrote: .....I have objected to being called "intellectual". ..... .
Not to worry, it is actually all those "intellectuloids" that give true intellectuals a bad name.

----------------
From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oid (emphasis added)

-oid
a suffix meaning “resembling,” “like,” used in the formation of adjectives and nouns (and often implying an incomplete or imperfect resemblance to what is indicated by the preceding element): alkaloid; anthropoid; cardioid; cuboid; lithoid; ovoid; planetoid.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?