Dawn Gets Naked - Documentary (2007)

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Dawn Gets Naked - Documentary (2007)

Postby natman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Here is a series of videos by a British reporter who overcame her own body issues by challenging herself and other women to "Get Naked With Me".

It is an excellent video for women to watch who think their bodies are not good enough to be seen in public.

Dawn Gets Naked - Part 1

Dawn Gets Naked - Part 2

Dawn Gets Naked - Part 3

Dawn Gets Naked - Part 4
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Dawn Gets Naked - Documentary (2007)

Postby nuudman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 pm

9:30 in the first video is great. She is finally seeing the point of naturism.

You can almost feel her getting happier about her life. Then she goes the complete opposite.

In watching this, i can actually see that the Brits are even more repressed than the average American is. We are repressed and silly about things. They are repressed and VERY SERIOUS about it all. 14:00 in the second video she is ready to blow it all off.

The photographer bit was great. It ended just like everyone here knew it would. 9 hours later, didgitally perfect and phony as hell. "We aspire to be something that doesnt exist." Came to the conclusion that the photo thing was just so she would have glam shot for the media to use.

The naked flash mob idea was not a good one i think.
The card carrying bit was just awkwardly funny. Why do that when we have the mass nude pictures already out there?
The girls showing up for the bus was awesome! Those are some very brave, beautiful, great role models.
8:00 in the 4th video...its working! Funny, but the Conde Nast women arent receptive at all of the naked woman bus.

That was a good watch. Wish we could do something like that in the US but the overly "religious" crowd would be up in arms talking about the death of society, the E! crowd would be telling the ladies that they all need gym memberships and $10k makeovers and $100K worth of plastic surgery.

The only bad thing about the whole show is that i could never see any woman reporter in the US ever doing it or if she ever did do it, ever living it down. The Hollyweird types would be upset about everybody else getting to see the photo tricks they exploit daily as well. We may be years away from seeing a US version of this.
Last edited by nuudman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

I've only watched the first clip so far but am looking forward to the rest. I too would love to see something like this done for mainstream newsd in the U.S. to show nudity is normal and not sexually charged as everyone believes.

Perhaps I can encourage my wife to watch this with the hope she'll begin to understand the true nature of nudism and at least accept my participation in this wonderfully free way of life.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:33 am

Looking at the future clips, wonder where this may be leading some astray :argh:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:54 am

I just finished watching it (I downloaded it from YouTube using a firefox plugin and watched it on my local computers Boxee installation for those who are interested).

On the whole, I'd give it a thumbs up. I was bothered by the following, however...
  • A very loose definition of "naked", especially at the end during the flashmob scene.
  • That she was more in a quest for "beauty" than why to be naked.
What I really liked, however, was the emphasis on how society, particularly the media, had trashed "Body Acceptance" and what "getting naked" did to help restore her (and others) body acceptance.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:43 am

Agree, the body acceptance was not as strong as if she had used the naturist/nudist communities. Also her silliness about mens "willies" noe sounds quite silly in retrospect. She could have done a far deeper and stronger piece using nudist women. For example, the acceptance of nudist women with mastectomies. Guarantee you that women seeing that on the BBC would have changed quite a few minds in the UK.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I do not think she was actually on a quest for beauty, however, she realized that most women have reservations about nudity because of their own images of themselves. The exercise in seeing what it would take to be "beautiful" by the world's standards pointed out how futile and worthless such "beauty" really is and that we are all "beautiful" the way God made us.

The thing that disturbed me was her immediate foray into strip dancing, which has absolutely nothing to do with "nudity" and everything to do with titilation. Stripping is not about "being" nude. It is all about "getting" nude in a titillating manner, the slower the better, the more tips one makes.

Also, unfortunately, in the end, although she was calling all of these women to get "naked" WITH her, she was one of the few who were actually NOT nude. She wore leaf-shaped pasties and panties, covering up more than one would see at a local family-oriented beach.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:21 pm

It was heart wrenching in a way.

If only she had tried the 2 minute test at the naturist resort, I think her mental walls that kept her imprisoned in the false body image prison would likely have collapsed.

She did what she did driven by pure nerve and never seemed to make the breakthrough.

I just wished I could give her a big hug, and tell her how truly beautiful she was and have it actually get through to her. So much of her real beauty was tied up in her personality, and it was like she could never really believe that.

She went as far as her nerve could take her, and she made progress but never seemed to reach the goal.

The lawyer was of some help in educating her about the legal risks but I think undermined her ability to reach her goal,

The whole burlesque thing was a wrong turn. It reinforced the nudity = sex misconception, she would have been better off if she had never done that part.

It is a shame that she ended up wearing the leafy outfit in part 4.

Still and all, she did expose the evil of the merchandising of false body image. I cannot fully grasp the depth of mental disorientation it takes for a woman to mar their body with implants and for instance, actually lose the functionality of breasts for what is a trival modification of a very small part of their body.

I hope I am not being too analytical for anyone here. I did think it was a worthwhile thing to watch, even though the outcome was a bit of a let down in that Dawn did not complete her journey to freeing her self of body shame. I wish there had been an epilogue showing her joining a naturist club.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?