What to expect on your first socially nude experience

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What to expect on your first socially nude experience

Postby Webmaster » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:56 pm

JWD wrote:Hello,

Thanks for making me feel at home here. I need some tips on what to expect in going to my first club and being social in a nude situation. I have to admit, I have lost sleep over this because I'm really excited about the opportunity going nude for 3 days. Thanks JWD :) :?:

Hi JWD. :)

Normally I don’t reply to posts, but in your case I’ll make an execption.

The first thing you’ll think and feel is that everybody is staring at you. They’re not, it’s just your imagination and more active selfawareness that’s making you feel that way.

Secondly, if you’re not used to being around others unclothed (my word for nude) then you might have an erection. My suggestion for that is to carry a beach towel that will be long enough to drap over your shoulder and cover yourself with. After a while, say 30 minutes or so, your reaction will go away.

You’ll be tempted to “sneak a peak” at the others there. I can tell you from personal experience, on the other side of this, it really bugged me. If you want to look, look. Just don’t stare.

If you are single (I am gathering you are becaue you did not say “We” in your post) avoid children unless their parents are introducing them to you. This is for obvious reasons.

When you go take a towel with you for sitting on. Make sure you use it every time you change seats or move to a new location. If you can wash it every night, or take at least one towel per day plus an extra in case you need it.

When you go there tell the people at the registration desk that you’re a new to social nudity. They will be more than helpful to you and introduce you to some people that can help you feel more at ease.

Last, and most cerntally not least, realx. You’re there to relax and have fun, so do that. Ignore your concerns and just enjoy yourself. :D

God Bless!

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby JWD » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:19 pm

Thanks
Webmaster wrote:Hi JWD. :)

Normally I don’t reply to posts, but in your case I’ll make an execption.

The first thing you’ll think and feel is that everybody is staring at you. They’re not, it’s just your imagination and more active selfawareness that’s making you feel that way.

Secondly, if you’re not used to being around others unclothed (my word for nude) then you might have an erection. My suggestion for that is to carry a beach towel that will be long enough to drap over your shoulder and cover yourself with. After a while, say 30 minutes or so, your reaction will go away.

You’ll be tempted to “sneak a peak” at the others there. I can tell you from personal experience, on the other side of this, it really bugged me. If you want to look, look. Just don’t stare.

If you are single (I am gathering you are becaue you did not say “We” in your post) avoid children unless their parents are introducing them to you. This is for obvious reasons.

When you go take a towel with you for sitting on. Make sure you use it every time you change seats or move to a new location. If you can wash it every night, or take at least one towel per day plus an extra in case you need it.

When you go there tell the people at the registration desk that you’re a new to social nudity. They will be more than helpful to you and introduce you to some people that can help you feel more at ease.

Last, and most cerntally not least, realx. You’re there to relax and have fun, so do that. Ignore your concerns and just enjoy yourself. :D

God Bless!

WM
JWD
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:57 am

There's nothing I can add to what the Webmaster said except that my first time I was afraid that some little boy would point at me and loudly say for all to hear, "Look at that man's little penis (or whatever he might call it). Mine's bigger than his!" I really did think that. It never happened, and I fell in love with social nudity that day. I also fell in love with the hot tub, because it was my first experience with one. Now that I live full time in a nudist resort I can be nude almost as much as I want. Unfortunately, I have to wear clothes when I leave the resort, which is the ONLY time I wear them.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi, JWD:

I felt the same anxieties when I first experienced social nudism, but after I gathered up the nerve to take off my clothes and mingle with others while naked I found it to be exhilarating. The first few minutes seemed to be almost surreal, caused (I'm sure) by years of always being clothed in mixed company. That soon passed, however, and I forgot all about being nude.

The hardest part of my initial foray into social nudity was having to put my clothes back on at the end of the day. I became an avid naturist/nudist on that first visit to a resort, and am so thankful that I took that first step. I feel certain that you'll greatly enjoy it as well.

Martin
Naked and unashamed.
Martin
Native Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:51 am

Well, JWD, apprension is understandable because it is new to you, but the people at the resort will have all been first-timers themselves once. And naturists are an accepting bunch anyway. Some things will continue to be new for several years, I expect, although you will feel comfortable very quickly. I'll explain.

I have been socially nude for maybe three years, although I had visited nude beaches here before that. Seemed like there was more anonimity at the beach. When I first went to a resort, there were several strange things. Like where to take my clothes off. Seems absurd now. But, after I regestered, I used the restroom, and undressed there. I have an ingrained cultural feeling about undressing in public, or had! Now I just whip my clothes off in the parking lot at the first opportunity. The "need" for privacy is such a subtle and funny little cultural idea!

I spent the first couple hours just walking the grounds, hiking some trails. Felt strange to be free in the out-of-doors without having to always be on the lookout, and carrying nothing with me to put on in a hurry if needed. Felt GREAT! A very worshipful experience.

The resort felt much more relational than the nude beach. We were there together, even though we had not arrived together. Strangers chatted together. The feeling of acceptance was quite palpable. I sometimes say that if Christian communities knew about acceptance-of-others what naturists know we would be much healthier and powerful communities. Anyway - expect to be awed by that feeling of acceptance.

The pool and nude swimming was awesome! But guess what. They want you to shower first, like all pools. And, the showers were outside!!!! (although there was also an inside co-ed one). This felt strange. But wonderful. What if someone saw me????? Well, that's right - they were seeing me anyway. Still, it was an opportunity to untrain some of my cultural training about situations where privacy is "needed". It felt odd, but good, to shower outside in the sun, soap and all, next to a woman at the adjacent shower head, as she asked me about myself.

I still am having new experiences and new feelings. I guess I love outdoor showering. But normally, unless you live somewhere like Jon-Marc, you have to do it furtively. When I go to Devils Lake at the Oregon Coast, I bathe in the lake, but I have to do it early morning or in the evening because of the houses around. A couple months ago, I visited some folks at a resort I had never been to. They were parents of some people I have recently met, and live at the resort. They have a permanent outside shower at their home - the indoor one is used for storage space! Again, it felt at first a little racey - I mean, what if someone sees you???? Oh yeah. They will, and do, here. And it's normal here.

Not sure if I am being very clear. My point is, you will probably find that you have new, surprising, thoughts and feelings for some time, as what has been engrained in you by our culture is challenged or undone. But you do not need to fear being embarrassed - folks there know what it's like to be new, and want your experience to be successful for you.

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Re: What to expect on your first socially nude experience

Postby natman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:13 am

Webmaster wrote:Secondly, if you’re not used to being around others unclothed (my word for nude) then you might have an erection. My suggestion for that is to carry a beach towel that will be long enough to drap over your shoulder and cover yourself with. After a while, say 30 minutes or so, your reaction will go away.

I would like to point out that this is a RARE situation, especially for a newby. The vast majority of times, the anxiety of being seen nude for the first time is enough to prevent anything from popping up, so to speak. After about 15 minutes, most people become so comfortable with social nudity that it never really become an issue.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:11 am

natman wrote:...After about 15 minutes, most people become so comfortable with social nudity that it never really become an issue.

And for some of us, it takes about as long to get comfortable with nudity as it does to take our clothes off. The FIRST time! :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Comfortable quickly

Postby mfsimbs » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:48 pm

John,

I absolutely agree with you. It took me the amount of time to take my clothes off to be comfortable in a socially nude setting. Continue having the awesome, natural day that you've already begun.

Naturally,

mfsimbs
mfsimbs
Native Resident

Postby bones » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 am

I dont think it would be that easy
bones
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 pm

bones wrote:I dont think it would be that easy

You literally cannot know until you try it. I can testify it was for me. I can't guarantee it will be for you--but it just might.:)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby deyclan39 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks all for the tips Ive learned a lot and still have a lot to learn!!
deyclan39
Resident

Postby Weaver » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Really useful avice here.. I'm looking forward to my first experience.
Weaver
Resident

Postby Luc Pascal » Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 pm

It may feel weird at first - taking your clothes off in public - because we are so conditioned to cover everything up. But in 2 minutes, you'll feel very comfortable. It is so much fun, you won't want to get dressed again!
Luc D. Pascal
The Biblical Naturist Blog
(contributor)
Luc Pascal
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Luc Pascal wrote:...But in 2 minutes, you'll feel very comfortable...
It took you that long? It took me only about 10 seconds--about as long as it took to get undressed. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 am

It has taken me longer to get comfortable urinating in a public restroom, which I do regularly (clothed), than it does to get comforable being nude in front of others. :oops:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?