Is it wrong to pray for your spouse or partner?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Is it wrong to pray for your spouse or partner?

Postby Sunhappy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 am

"Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?" is a fairly good description of the way my wife feels. Don't get me wrong, she is totally supportive of my right to be this way at home and in the yard, and the occasional visit to a resort or beach. For that I am grateful. She has also joined me on numerous trips to nudist camps and two beaches so far. But she still maintains after all this time that she just doesn't get it. Apparently she doesn't experience the exhiliration of the total freedom or the sensuality of the sun, air, and water on the skin. Sometimes (however rarely) she will wander out into the yard after an evening shower fully naked and talk to me about the progress of the flower beds or garden. The last time this happened was about 2 months ago and it went on for maybe a half hour. I was so thrilled yet at the same time I kept my calm and acted like this was perfectly normal for her, and for us, to share. She also said that after 20 years of going places with me she doesn't care about going anymore but I am welcome to go on my own.

What I am leading up to is this - would it be selfish or wrong in any way to fervently pray to our Lord to touch her mind, heart, and spirit such that she might have a reversal in her reluctance to be a full time nudist wife with me, knowing how much it would mean to me? I pray every day about truly important things, the foremost being that I might have a closer walk with Him each day and to increase my understanding, my kindness toward others, and to learn how to always show love in all things. But then I also pray for earthly things like getting help with career difficulties or other day to day anxieties. A few days ago I stood on my deck and raised my arms to heaven, thanking God for all his grace and blessings, but specifically prayed for my wife. I spent a long time talking to God about how much I want us to be like One in all things, and my need for her to have a radical change of heart. I always heard that it is important to be clear about what you pray for, so I was quite clear that day that I SO wanted her have an epiphany (so to speak) and embrace the life that her husband (me) wants for both of us, not solely for me but because she also developed a desire to be nude whenever possible and practical because it is so enjoyable to HER.

So back to my question ..... is this the wrong kind of thing to pray for?
Sunhappy
Resident

Re: Is it wrong to pray for your spouse or partner?

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Sunhappy wrote:"Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?" is a fairly good description of the way my wife feels. Don't get me wrong, she is totally supportive of my right to be this way at home and in the yard, and the occasional visit to a resort or beach. For that I am grateful. She has also joined me on numerous trips to nudist camps and two beaches so far. But she still maintains after all this time that she just doesn't get it. Apparently she doesn't experience the exhiliration of the total freedom or the sensuality of the sun, air, and water on the skin. Sometimes (however rarely) she will wander out into the yard after an evening shower fully naked and talk to me about the progress of the flower beds or garden. The last time this happened was about 2 months ago and it went on for maybe a half hour. I was so thrilled yet at the same time I kept my calm and acted like this was perfectly normal for her, and for us, to share. She also said that after 20 years of going places with me she doesn't care about going anymore but I am welcome to go on my own.

What I am leading up to is this - would it be selfish or wrong in any way to fervently pray to our Lord to touch her mind, heart, and spirit such that she might have a reversal in her reluctance to be a full time nudist wife with me, knowing how much it would mean to me? I pray every day about truly important things, the foremost being that I might have a closer walk with Him each day and to increase my understanding, my kindness toward others, and to learn how to always show love in all things. But then I also pray for earthly things like getting help with career difficulties or other day to day anxieties. A few days ago I stood on my deck and raised my arms to heaven, thanking God for all his grace and blessings, but specifically prayed for my wife. I spent a long time talking to God about how much I want us to be like One in all things, and my need for her to have a radical change of heart. I always heard that it is important to be clear about what you pray for, so I was quite clear that day that I SO wanted her have an epiphany (so to speak) and embrace the life that her husband (me) wants for both of us, not solely for me but because she also developed a desire to be nude whenever possible and practical because it is so enjoyable to HER.

So back to my question ..... is this the wrong kind of thing to pray for?

Sunhappy,

It was 95 degrees with 80% humidity today. If she can't feel the difference between nudity and clothing in this weather, something is keeping her mind so distracted that she is tuning out the discomfort.

I see from your profile that you are 59 years old. If she is close to that age, maybe she is getting a little self-conscious about social nudity in a body that is showing a few sags and wrinkles.
Now I have seen plenty of older women at a Florida nudist resort, so reluctance does not have to be her destiny. If she is telling you to go to resorts alone, that is not as supportive as you imply. Something is very wrong with this story. We are missing some critical detail which you may or may not want to share with us.

So yes, we need to pray!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 am

It's not wrong to pray for wife regarding nudity. The Lord wants us to pray about everything in our lives.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Sunhappy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Ramblinman, and thanks for your response. Actually my wife IS supportive of my nudism/naturism. In fact she has said more than once she would defend anyone's right to want to live this way. It just isn't her thing, she prefers the feeling of textiles against the skin. That's when I turn the tables and say "Okay, now I don't get it".
As I mentioned, she has been to nudist venues with me maybe 15 times over 20+ years and yes we have both seen our share of aging, wrinkled, out-of-shape bodies, and she knows that this lifestyle doesn't attract only the young and perfect. When I have talked to her about the wonderful feelings that outdoor nudity gives us ..... the immediate liberation, the tactile pleasure of sun, air, and water, and even mental and spiritual freedom she replies by saying "No, I don't get any of that"..... which truly boggles my mind but I have to accept it. So, unless someone gives me a good reason NOT to pray that she will have a change of heart and mind I will keep at it !!!!
Sunhappy
Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:08 am

Sunhappy, I also see no reason for you not to pray for your wife in the hope she will somehow come to feel the sense of freedom we experience when clothes-free. I don't have any other answers to your situation but can certainly understand the exhiliration you say youy experienced when your wife came outside totally nude and spent time with you discussing the garden.

I would be absolutely thrilled if my wife would join me in living as a nudist and participate in social nudism with me. Unfortunately, I don't believe it will ever happen.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Sunhappy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 am

Jim - thanks for your support, and believe me I sympathize with your plight as well. Maybe prayers for each other wouldn't hurt either. There is a big weekend coming up at a resort in WV called Avalon, the weekend of Aug. 10,11,12 and I am going to approach my wife about going even though she said she doesn't care about doing this any more. In the past when we have gone there I get such a nice warm feeling inside whenever I would watch her stroll around poolside completely naked amongst the many other nude patrons there .... because it looks as if she's having a good time, and even if she is not at least I can pretend that we are a genuine nudist couple for a few days. I'm sure there are a few guys out there that understand what I mean.
Sunhappy
Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 pm

After all, only imagine in how many areas over the years she has been praying that you could that you would see the plain and simple light.

I know well that Herself and I haveapproximately equal lists.

If God did not mean us to pray for one another why did he bring us together?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

My favorite naturist place has created a community. It is not a bunch of naked strangers.
Sure there are visitors every week, but there is a solid core that has formed true friendships.
I imagine that their kids will get married to each other in fact.
Some weekends there have been as many as 50 kids.
What parent doesn't want the best for their kids and that includes a husband or wife who understands our way of life and if possible, even grew up with it?

So its a lot harder to abandon your friends of many years than it is to simply stop going to the "naked place".
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:51 pm

It's never wrong to pray for others. I have prayed for people's eyes and minds to be open to the fact that God is NOT offended by the human body that He created.

The question is not why anyone would want to be nude, but why anyone would want to wear clothes when it's too hot for them. I stay cooler by not wearing clothes, but, strangely, I am warmer in bed without clothes than I am wearing them during cold weather.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Sunhappy, this is an issue on which you are not one. It's very appropriate to pray for oneness in all things, especially in this. It is strange, though, if she has experienced open-air and social nudity, that she still doesn't "get it"... :?: :|
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 am

It is not entirely about praying that she conform to what we understand is common sense.
Some of our prayers should be directed toward understanding why the people in our lives perceive a need for fabric when the weather and social conditions are not a barrier. In fact when the weather is this hot and humid, there only remain psychological reasons for not doing the obvious and removing all barriers to comfort.
We need to pray to understand the root cause of this "need" that is not rooted in reality.
If anything, the need is for our skin to be bare to allow it to do its job, to receive the sanitizing effect of air and sun on bare skin and to cool our entire body effectively.
I am not belittling psychological problems. They must be understood in order to be dealt with. We cannot merely agree to disagree, but we must also be patient, as it can take years of therapy to reverse the negative conditioning.
This particular condition reminds me of Charles Shultz's Peanuts cartoon character Linus and his security blanket. With it he appears to be normal, but take it away and the true nature of his maladjustment is revealed to all.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I agree that it is good to pray for unity. However, I think that it is always better to pray for clarity on both of our parts, that I am being led correctly and exclusively by the Holy Spirit and that my wife is being led in the same direction.

My wife does not have a problem with nudity in or around the house. She knows that I love the Lord and would NEVER ask or lead her to do anything that God would not approve of. Her only reservations are with the minds of the rest of the world. She does not think that the majority of the rest of the world are ready to handle the idea of simple, practical nudity. My comments to her are that they never will unless we act to change the way that people see the naked human body, to view it as a wonderous creation of God, made in His own image and likeness, for His sole glory. It is an ongoing conversation.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Natman, as openly as your wife tells other about your clothes-free lifestyle she can act as a spokesperson to spread the joys and benefits of nudity to the uninformed.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:31 am

No, it is not wrong at all to pray. I also have a reluctant wife. Last year my prospective wife knew about my lifestyle and said she was not going to participate in it, she did not want me looking at other naked women, and that she did not want other women to see me naked. So, several months before we married, I resigned my membership in my club; the choice between a club membership and a wife was a no brainer, the lady won easily and we have been happily married for almost a year.

I have continued to push the limit on her naked time. Around the house in the morning or evening is about all I can expect. Absolutely not going to let the Man in the Moon see her. There is a fine line between her comfort level and how much I can suggest, request, push, invite, or lead. I am just scared I will over do it and have it backfire. She has become much more accepting about having lingerie beyond basic white by JC Penney; she now has a two-week supply of Victoria’s Secret bra and panty pairs. I think that may be one way to show how she is changing.

I also pray that she will be more accepting and get a little bit more daring. Progress is slow but I have all the time in the world.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:27 am

New_Adventurer wrote:No, it is not wrong at all to pray. I also have a reluctant wife. Last year my prospective wife knew about my lifestyle and said she was not going to participate in it, she did not want me looking at other naked women, and that she did not want other women to see me naked. So, several months before we married, I resigned my membership in my club; the choice between a club membership and a wife was a no brainer, the lady won easily and we have been happily married for almost a year.

I have continued to push the limit on her naked time. Around the house in the morning or evening is about all I can expect. Absolutely not going to let the Man in the Moon see her. There is a fine line between her comfort level and how much I can suggest, request, push, invite, or lead. I am just scared I will over do it and have it backfire. She has become much more accepting about having lingerie beyond basic white by JC Penney; she now has a two-week supply of Victoria’s Secret bra and panty pairs. I think that may be one way to show how she is changing.

I also pray that she will be more accepting and get a little bit more daring. Progress is slow but I have all the time in the world.

Marrying someone who is totally opposed to everything naturism stands for is a bold move when you know that fact ahead of time.
The Bible says, "Can two walk together except they be agreed?" Amos 3:3
Pre-marital prayer is very important to get answers from the Lord on whether to proceed and if so, how to proceed when marrying in the face of such a challenge.

Most of us should find someone who will not need years of recovery. Age permitting, many of us will want to raise a family and we need a supportive spouse who will model good body image to the children. With kids potentially in the mix, we would not have "all the time in the world". And we would not want the arguments and even divorces caused by prude vs nude conflict.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?