Suggestions for clothing-optional beach cruise destinations?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Suggestions for clothing-optional beach cruise destinations?

Postby wannabnude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm not sure where to post this, so will start here.

We're interested in a cruise, probably Caribbean so Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and so on. We've not been to any naturist resorts, clothing optional beaches or anything like that yet. I'm thinking that it might be a good opportunity to sample social naturism if we went to a place that had such a beach so it is just an optional activity.

That way, I could try it, and my spouse could choose to join or not.

Does anyone have suggestions for something like this, or experience with it? I don't want to commit to something major like the Bare Necessities nude cruises, but just a possible way to ease into it.

Thanks for any advice!
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Re: Suggestions for clothing-optional beach cruise destinations?

Postby natman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Have you considered Hidden Beach Resort in Cancun Mexico? You could cruise to Cancun, visit the resort and cruise home, or you could just fly to Cancun.

Hidden Beach Resort
http://www.hiddenbeachresort.com

Hidden Beach Resort Reviews...
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... nsula.html
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby wannabnude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Man, thanks! That's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for!
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, ok, upon further review, this resort is full-on au natural. I'm looking more for a sort-of casual "oh hey, look what's available here!" optional thing. Diving right into this resort is a bit more than I think we'll try the first time. Looks really awesome, though!!
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

You might also check out Bare Necessities Tour and Travel
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 am

Also look into Castaways Travel or Clothing Optional Home Network (clothing optional Bed and Breakfast options). Both, along with Bare Necessities, should be able to give you a number of options where your wife could choose to stay clothed if she chooses and ease into social nudism at her own pace.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby rkitek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 pm

You could try a cruise in the eastern caribbean. Most would stop in St. Martin. You can taxi over to Orient Beach, and then walk to the south end where Club Orient is located. Four years ago, we stayed further up Orient beach, but tried out the nude beach at Club Orient on our first day. We fell in love with the beach (though the wife kept her bottoms on). Two years ago, we returned, but stayed at Club Orient. We had a great time, even though she didn't get completely nude. Club O is clothing optional (though most are nude), so there is never any pressure to be nude for those relunctant spouses.
rkitek
Permanent Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:01 am

I [for interest, not likerly to head that way] followed the Hidden Beach link. Given that it appears to be straight nude not clothing optional, the uncooperative mind might wonder why the staff depicted are fully clothed.

Don't bother, the other parts of my mind are quite capable of generating answers.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 pm

webmeister wrote:And is Hidden Beach in Jamaica? Could not find that...

Hidden Beach Resort is in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on the Yucatan peninsula across from the island of Cozumel and a few miles south of Cancun.

http://www.hiddenbeachresort.com
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?