Nudity is not contrary to religious values

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nudity is not contrary to religious values

Postby vycna » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 pm

I just think there should be the communication of those thinking of the same things that I would talk about. What could be considered should be at the forefront of how many change with betterment in this world which is needed.
Any with religious beliefs can consider nudity. To illustrate this, I would say that there are even Muslims who are ready for displays of nudity in some things. So it should come to having more consideration of these things spreading.

http://www.greenprophet.com/2012/06/arabs-undressed-artfully/
I would further promote vegetarianism and environmentalism further as these are important.
vycna
Native Resident

Re: Nudity is not contrary to religious values

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I never cease to be amazed (I know, I say that a lot) at the number of people who believe that God created the human body, but that He is offended by it.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 am

I concur, Jon-Marc. How can He be offended by what he created? I also think many moderate Muslims are probably ready for nudity. I believe when we hear Muslim men would be offended by the sight of a nude woman we are listening to the rants of radicals, much like radical Christians who tell us many things we consider as normal are offensive to God. It's more a matter of control through fear of going to hell than based upon upon reason.

Jim
Last edited by JimShedd112 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 am

JimShedd112 wrote:A concur, Jon-Marc. How can He be offended by what he created? I also think many moderate Muslims are probably ready for nudity. I believe when we hear Muslim men would be offended by the sight of a nude woman we are listening to the rants of radicals, much like radical Christians who tell us many things we consider as normal are offensive to God. It's more a matter of control through fear of going to hell than based upon upon reason.

Jim

Jim,

The urge to condemn the body rather than sinful thoughts is an old one:

Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. Colossians 2:23
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby vycna » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Jim,

The urge to condemn the body rather than sinful thoughts is an old one:

Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. Colossians 2:23

This is a new understanding of that passage for me. Thanks.
vycna
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?