It's only natural

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

It's only natural

Postby Petros » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:51 am

I have noticed that most positive deviations from the norm come with an equal and opposite reaction. Have a great party - lots of fun - your head and tummy may not be quite right the next day. Visit great friends - you either have the drive back through traffic jams OR you get to clean up. Take a week off - and work three times as hard to catch up.

The past several days, there has been a deviation. We generally in full dress are wearing pretty much loose and comfortable - nothing tight, no harsh fabric. And in practice about half my waking hours as a rule I am wearing loose pajamas [one advantage of working at home out of town].

But this time things worked out so for about three days I got to go beyond that, a lot more hours nearer nude than is usual for the time of year. And the result is that today - pretty much normal in that respect - feels strange, unnatural, like coming back to North America from Britain or Sudan and getting some culture shock.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: It's only natural

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:37 am

It reminds me of a winter I spent in the northern US.
We get frigid weather once in while here in the Southland, but it was another matter to spend the days wrapped like one of the dead pharaohs for weeks on end.

For sanctuary, I took up with the local nudists.
We had a swim party in a rented health club

Once at the venue locker room, it seemingly took forever to peel off layer after layer of clothes until I got down to the real me.
It was strange yet pleasant to be relieved of the encumbrance of heavy fabric and totally naked in a warm humid environment reminiscent of my native woods in summer.

I reveled in the sauna, steam, the pool, the warmth of the room and the conviviality of my fellow naturists, particularly one attractive lass who was friendly and delightfully single.

There's a bit of Adam and Eve in each of us, leaving us longing for tropical warmth and Edenic nudity.
Take those moments when they come, search for them if you have had enough of this winter.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I go through the same crisis EVERY morning as I have to decide whether to get dressed and go to work or forego eating :argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

No idea why that flashed the memory to my mind: I suddenly thought of the words of wisdom from the late great Bill Welmers of UCLA, the Africanist professor I would most want to emulate:

The only way, sezzee, the only polite and appropriate way, to eat a ripe mango - is in ther nude in the bathtub.

Now, if you got a job as taste tester and quality control for a mango import company ....
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Petros wrote:The only way, sezzee, the only polite and appropriate way, to eat a ripe mango - is in ther nude in the bathtub.

Well, if all goes south in the IT business, perhaps I can find a mango import company to apply at, and while I'm at it, I could also moonlight as a mattress tester.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:04 am

Mattress testing - would the firm supply towels, or would lying and bouncing be towel-optional activities?
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:32 pm

For me, being nude is my normal and natural state of being. I usually only wear clothes when I do my grocery shopping once a month or see my doctor. Otherwise, I'm nude and only put on a shirt if I feel chilly. I can keep my RV warm enough to be nude with the furnace and electric heater both going; one of them alone doesn't do it.

It's supposed to be around 70 degrees F today. If it's not too windy, I will take a nude walk.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:40 am

Since moving out to the woods into the double wide that I have done an extensive remodel to, I generally get the better part of an hour nude in the morning before my daughter gets up or if it feels too cool I have an open robe on.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?