Towards Comprehension

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Towards Comprehension

Postby Petros » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am

Well, we make progress slowly.
Setup: during the cooler months I make extensive use of this garment:

http://www.jpeterman.com/Mens-Sleepwear ... Nightshirt

It gives useful insulation without adding much to constriction.

So like Saturday Herself asks if I would be interested in the summer weight version of the garment. Later turned out not to exist. But I said I would, and she said she could endorse my using such a garment, provided [she added in a tone slightly coy] I wore it over some conventional pant layer.

Which intrigued me, so I bided my time as is my wont.

The point: last night I slipped into the conversation, why would she impose such a condition? She freely answered : she would feel very vulnrable and precarious wearing dress / skirt/ robe without pantoids.

So I asked her why that would put such a condition on me. At which, semijesting, she says, "Of course, you are Mr. nudist, at one with Nature."

Conclusion: I think Iam closer to understanding what is in it.

A. nudity makes her feel vulnerable.

B. being conventionally covered does not help here if there is an opening through which line of sight to the parts to be covered is possible however unlikely.

C. Others' nudity, whether present or on film or in discussion, bothers her in much the same way. Mine would be particularly distressing.

She is, clearly, aware of my preferences; but prefers not to dwell on them and trusts I will not manifest at her, as I prefer she not file her nails in my ear.

I know very well, of course, the fear of exposure - just not that version. I cannot but see her skin sensitivity as irrational - but there it is.

At least I am a bit closer to comprehension.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Towards Comprehension

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:44 am

I think you're quite right, Petros, regarding women's feeling of vulnerability in regards to nudity or even the slight chance of being exposed underneath their clothing. My wife and I have been married over 41 years and I don't believe she ever slept fully nude more than twice during all that time.

She insist on wearing panties even to bed, underneath pajamas or a nightgown. I did succeed in getting her to wear the very skinniest of thong panties no matter how else clothed but she would not dare dress without wearing them. She does go braless at home but, with the exception of forgetting once or twice has never left home without putting on her bra despite her small breast size. When she did forget she seemed self conscious of the fact she was braless even though it wasn't obvious.

She once challenged me when discussing nudism whether or not I would want other men looking at her body. I unfortunately failed to answer. I should have told her I wouldn't have a problem with it since they would not be staring at her nor focused on the fact she indeed was undressed. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to again someday have an open and honest discussion about what nudism is and is not.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Your ladies, Petros and JimShedd, are exactly the sort of women whom naturism would heal in soul. Sadly, they seem unlikely even to consider our way. But our God is a God of miracles!

:pray: Father God, open the minds and hearts of these two dear sisters in Christ. Raise in them a holy curiosity about what we have already found to be true, that they may turn and be healed. In Jesus' Name; Amen. :pray:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:19 am

In this fallen world each has his own dis-eases. I have my reactiobn to boiled eggs and water on the back of the neck - she has her need to "warn" me when she comes upstairs where I am bathing with the door open because she had goneout [came home unexpectedly early].

All of which is to be healed.

Indeed , I would dearly love to see her freed from it, and not just because it cramps my style. She is the one who has to worry about that - and her forgot my cap hair loss issues [a spare was in the car this morning.]
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 am

Thank you for your prayer jochanaan.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Anytime we can gain a little insight into the way others think and reason, we are blessed.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 pm

It was during the winter of 2004 that I realized that I was not only much more comfortable being fully nude in bed, but that I was surprisingly warmer. Every time I wore any clothing to bed--even just shirt, I was not only uncomfortable but was also colder. One night, I turned the furnace up slightly and shed what I was wearing and was much more comfortable and warmer; I haven't worn anything to bed since.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?