One Answer and a Question

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: One Answer and a Question

Postby Petros » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:56 am

On the subject of sensory quirks:

visit yesterday fromNumber 1 BIL. In the course of the visit, it came out that he cannot bear the breeze from a fan - and I assume that includes wind - if he has bare arms. Needs a long sleeved shirt, else as yesterday we turn the fan off.

That would likely block wearing the nudist uniform except in a dead calm - which makes two of them in that family, though Herself's issues do not include that, she craves moving air.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Maybe not.
I have problems then it is hot and a fan when clothed. The clothes keeps one area hot, while other areas like my mostly bald head get cold. Sometimes even to extent of getting headache from cold head. The problem does not happen when nude, probably because of better temperature equalization.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Petros wrote:Ramblinman -

if I asked I would have said noone else knew of The Machine Stops....
Oh, I've read it! Yes, a magnificent parable about our mechanized society...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 am

MoNatureMan wrote:Maybe not.
I have problems then it is hot and a fan when clothed. The clothes keeps one area hot, while other areas like my mostly bald head get cold. Sometimes even to extent of getting headache from cold head. The problem does not happen when nude, probably because of better temperature equalization.

Ron

Well, no way I can get BIL Jake to guinea pig an experiment.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:55 am

jochanaan wrote:
Petros wrote:Ramblinman -

if I asked I would have said noone else knew of The Machine Stops....
Oh, I've read it! Yes, a magnificent parable about our mechanized society...

A 1909 short story, but he did a remarkable job predicting the Internet, weblogs, forums such as ours, audio and video conferencing, global air travel and more importantly he saw the emerging culture, including the disrespect for the human body.

One of several available links to the full text: The Machine Stops
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 am

Thanks for the link - saves hunting - I plan to pass it on to Number 1 Son and to Nice Niece Liesl. Thought of it a few times over the past years, but though that it - like some other stuff - was lost in anthologies in the bowels of a few libraries.
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?