Lilies of the Field

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Lilies of the Field

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:00 am

Oh dear oh dear. Is this a new heresy?

Consider: Matthew 6, commencing verse 28:

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not
arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

With a little adjustment, this COULD be construed as endorsing naturism. And fo tru, hashshoshanim do not get dressed in the morning by any human standards. Yet the plain literal unnuanced text says God clothes them. And if he clothes them, how then are they nude? And please let us not bring up Amaryllis belladonna.

It is just a not very scientific name and the plant is not technically a lily anyhow.

The verb used applies to putting a garment around some one / something.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: The Rapture

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:02 am

Oh, yeah - most lilies do not raise their arms, though if you spread them out emulating leaves I will not ctritique.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Lilies of the Field

Postby natman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:57 am

Petros,

That verse HAS been used to justify naturism and I think it is appropriate to do so.

It is asking why we should be concerned about man-made things, such as clothing, when God has shown throughout His creation that He has provided for every need of those things He has created, and that if He will provide for even the grass, how much more will He provided for His "image bearers"?

God gave us bodies that perform best when not incumbered by clothing 100% of the time. Unfortunately, the affects of the Fall affected everything, including the environment in which we live and our bodies, so there is no longer the perfection that prevents corruption that once existed in the Garden. Consequently, there are times when the temperatures are either too cold or too hot, too wet or too dry, too many thorns, insects, bacteria or fungi for us not to need some sort of protection... sometimes, but not ALL the time.

The point of the verse is to "Trust in God", and better yet, to "Trust God", Who loves us more than the grass and the lilies of the field, enough to send His only Son to live, die, be buried and to rise again, just for us.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

It is not irrelevant that "Trust God" is a theme much in evidence here recently -0 including an associatre guest pastoring yesterday who has been talking that up as his theme.

Joking aside [I am not really concerned about the liliaceous heresy], while the passsage does not speak, I should say, directly to naturism, except perhaps that of Mary of Egypt > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_of_Egypt < [I note that icon and other painters are even less willing to let her be nude than they are with male saints], it does NOT of course expect us to take "clothes" literally, and with the manna incident supports the conclusion that what God sends, be it manna and old clothes or nudity and peanut butter, is rightr and good and not to be sneezed at.

We are too focussed on quail and leeks [got a nice bundle of those last week, luxuriating in them] and comparing my suburban yuppiedom to your mountain shack.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 pm

The theme of "Trust God" is very appropriate for naturists. Before I embraced naturism I was afraid, not greatly afraid but still afraid, of "falling into lust" at the slightest provocation; but as I began to understand the naturist principles, I began to be less afraid, and once I had reconditioned myself not automatically to associate the sight of nakedness with sexual temptation or availability, the fear was gone. The most common argument against naturism is that it will lead inevitably to sexual temptation, and we know how false that is! We understand that we can trust in God to keep our hearts pure, and not be afraid of what we see.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 pm

jochanaan wrote:The most common argument against naturism is that it will lead inevitably to sexual temptation, and we know how false that is! We understand that we can trust in God to keep our hearts pure, and not be afraid of what we see.

Unfortunately, just as prohibition seemed to make alcohol more attractive and "valuable" (worth killing for), and the "war on drugs" has made drugs and marijuana more attractive and "valuable" (worth killing and dieing for), CONSTANTLY hiding the human body seems to have made sex more attractive and "valuable", mysterious.

Just today, I saw an article on my favorite news website, FoxNews.com, about the fact that Kim Kardasian had Instagrammed a topless photo of herself to a fried for his birthday. My reaction is "SO WHAT!!!". Who cares if a woman shows her breasts? Every woman in the world has breasts. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors, and they were created by our Lord God for the purpose of feeding our offspring until they are old enough to feed themselves. In Europe, particularly France and Spain, no one would bat an eye.

Sexual temptation starts in the heart, not in the eyes. Fix the heart and the mind. Don't hide that which God created and declared "VERY GOOD!".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby ezduzit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:34 pm

natman wrote:
jochanaan wrote:The most common argument against naturism is that it will lead inevitably to sexual temptation, and we know how false that is! We understand that we can trust in God to keep our hearts pure, and not be afraid of what we see.

Unfortunately, just as prohibition seemed to make alcohol more attractive and "valuable" (worth killing for), and the "war on drugs" has made drugs and marijuana more attractive and "valuable" (worth killing and dieing for), CONSTANTLY hiding the human body seems to have made sex more attractive and "valuable", mysterious.

Just today, I saw an article on my favorite news website, FoxNews.com, about the fact that Kim Kardasian had Instagrammed a topless photo of herself to a fried for his birthday. My reaction is "SO WHAT!!!". Who cares if a woman shows her breasts? Every woman in the world has breasts. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors, and they were created by our Lord God for the purpose of feeding our offspring until they are old enough to feed themselves. In Europe, particularly France and Spain, no one would bat an eye.

Sexual temptation starts in the heart, not in the eyes. Fix the heart and the mind. Don't hide that which God created and declared "VERY GOOD!".

:like: :like: :like:

Ez
ezduzit

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?