My view

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My view

Postby jg25578 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:32 pm

I saw the question "Why would anyone want to be nude anyway" and wanted to give me answer as to why I want to be involved with it. I'll give some bullet points and then elaborate a little more.

1. God made us nude and said this was "very good"

2. I do not believe being nude is inherently sexual. This is not something the Bible teaches, and we can see how this is assumption is false by looking at other cultures where nudity is the norm.

3. I do not believe that we should hide behind theological excuses such as the "weaker brother" concept to prohibit activities or behaviors that are not inherently wrong.

4. I am not easily swayed by what other "people" try and proclaim as a good moral teaching or even equate what they believe as if its on par with God's Word.

So there you have it, those are my basic reason. I also think it would be good for me as a person, to shed some inhibitions and embrace the freedom and comfort in being the way God made me, being transparent with those around me and not being ashamed.
Last edited by jg25578 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jg25578
Resident

Re: My view

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:38 pm

I have never understood why anyone who believes that God created the human body and declared it good along with the rest of His creation could possibly believe that God is offended by His creation. I will never understand why most (especially pastors) Christians believe nudity to be sinful or a necessary "evil" to endure at certain times. I also cannot understand why anyone would want to wear clothes when it's too hot for them. I cannot understand why society has deemed a nude body (especially a man's) to be "harmful" and "traumatizing" if seen by children.

I wear clothes only when it's too cold to be nude and when I have to leave the nudist resort where I live. I commented on the sign, "No shoes, no shirt, no service" to a gas station worker and said, "What about pants? It doesn't say anything about them." He just laughed and didn't reply. I guess he thought I was joking. :biggrin:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Or maybe not, Jon_Marc but didn't want you to actually undress right there. As I've expressed repeatedly I wish society would adopt an attitude where we could choose to go nude or not without creating a scene or offending anyone. Let those who chose clothing for whatever reason to do so while we who desire NOT to wear clothing to go nude.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:27 am

Jon-Marc wrote:I commented on the sign, "No shoes, no shirt, no service" to a gas station worker and said, "What about pants? It doesn't say anything about them." He just laughed and didn't reply. I guess he thought I was joking. :biggrin:

Little did he know.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:16 pm

I had my gate open last week and different visitors showed up. Naturally I was as nature intended. If I was close to the house I would put on some shorts. I made it known to them that I didn't care about being seen, the shorts were to keep from offending them. Also told them that if others are not offended I just stay nude. That generally ends the subject but not always.
It is also known in area that other nudists show from time to time. That also brings up a few short discussions. There is one Christian couple in area that seems more interested (at least she seems to be). But she is still fighting tradition.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?