What a day / week / month / season it has been.

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What a day / week / month / season it has been.

Postby Petros » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm sitting here trying to get normal. Herself is off in town for a while. At a different time of year, I would be snatching this chance to walk the back 40 with the Canine Companion. But it is definitely wintry.

It has been log enough I might consider cranking the heat a notch and getting some skin time indoors - but the man is here replacing the water system. NOT the man checking the pump - THAT was this morning.

Why would one choose nudity? Does I gots to have a rational rationale? I love Bach and cheese. I hate mayonnaise and the sound of filing [not filing papers, I am fine with that]. I have no rationale for those thgough I can say what I like. Why is it so elegant to like a piece of art because of Santini's celebrated chiaroscuro, and a condemnation to like it because I feel it HERE?

Whatever. I would love some serious unclad time because it has been too long, winter is too constraining, fundis in the house make me tense, I had to get up too abruptly this morning.

The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: What a day / week / month / season it has been.

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 pm

I hear ya. Serious case of the winter blues here, too. It was 70 & sunny on Sunday and the family had lunch on the back porch - me in my boxers only. I don't know if that was a good break or only deepen the longing for Spring.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm with you. We can come up with two hundred five, or thirty thousand, or nine billion arguments in favor of simple nudity, but in the end, we do it because it is both a "need" and an "ecstasy." (Reference: Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet, "On Beauty")
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Petros wrote:Why would one choose nudity?

Wrong question.

The question should be, "Why would one choose to get dressed?"

I ask myself that question every single day. If I don't come up with a legitimate answer, then I DON'T (get dressed). That simple.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:00 pm

natman wrote:

Wrong question.

I ask myself that question every single day. If I don't come up with a legitimate answer, then I DON'T (get dressed). That simple.

:like: :biggrin: :like:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:52 pm

natman wrote:

Wrong question.

I wonder about that every time it gets warm enough to be outside without clothes, and I see people fully dressed here in the resort where clothes are optional. I even occasionally see someone wearing a heavy coat in hot weather.

The strangest sight I ever saw was a man at Turtle Lake Resort in Michigan, with a dark tan above the waist, and absolutely NO tan whatsoever below the waist. He looked like someone had taken the lower half of a body that never saw the sun and sewed it together with the upper half of a body that got a lot of sun.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm

At one of my universities, there was a personage - older faculty - who stood out in that on the hottest days - and they were hot enough for most, though I have experience stickier, hot enough for Subsaharan Africans to complain - he always was bundled up with a heavy coat.

It was said that he had some rare condition that made him need it. If so, it can be seen as justifying avoidance of nudity.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:18 am

Petros wrote:At one of my universities, there was a personage - older faculty - who stood out in that on the hottest days - and they were hot enough for most, though I have experience stickier, hot enough for Subsaharan Africans to complain - he always was bundled up with a heavy coat.

It was said that he had some rare condition that made him need it. If so, it can be seen as justifying avoidance of nudity.

Unfortunately, there are some people who seem to be overly sensitive to temperature differentials (I know because I have worked with some.), who, even though it is warm and comfy, will crank the heat up or visa-versa. And then we have women going through menopause who crank the thermostat up and down all day. I used to have to come to work with short sleeve shirt and a sweater or jacket because I never knew what temperature it was going to be in the office at any time during the day. One more reason to figure out how to work from home.... nude.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:51 am

At least as long as one's spouse and any other occupants welcome or minimally tolerate nudity AND have temperature needs reasonably close to one's own.

My sister [whom I cannot imagine being nude for three seconds a year - the one with the topless photo is our other sister] is famous for not moving her thermostat from it lowest possible setting unless she has guests [who typically do not overstay].
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?