Naturism Quote

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Naturism Quote

Postby webmeister » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:04 am

Phillip put my feelings into words :) Thank you Lord for giving me an adventurous heart for the joy of Naturism...may I always do so to His glory...

"It is as if your clothes take on the weight of your worries and concerns - they come to embody your defenses against the world, and if you feel confident enough, then taking them off evokes a powerful sense of liberation, of joy and freedom; and more than that - of innocence and of openness to the world."
-Phillip Carr-Gomm
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Re: Naturism Quote

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:34 am

For me there is another factor. While not paranoid, I am very focussed on maintaining identity and integrity, and tend to feel my environment probing me.

Being disrobed is so associated for me with freedom and security that even when there is a possibility of negative discovery, much of the beleaguered feeling leaves.

I recognize that that could be seen as included in the quote - but it feels like a different slant.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 am

I too just love the feeling of being naked and free, something I can't do nearly as much as I'd like. I try to wear the minimum when I do have to war something. At home it's usually simply a pair of shorts, many times simply boxers which I don't wear when I have to dress to leave home - then I go commando.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:16 am

webmeister wrote:Phillip put my feelings into words :) Thank you Lord for giving me an adventurous heart for the joy of Naturism...may I always do so to His glory...

"It is as if your clothes take on the weight of your worries and concerns - they come to embody your defenses against the world, and if you feel confident enough, then taking them off evokes a powerful sense of liberation, of joy and freedom; and more than that - of innocence and of openness to the world."
-Phillip Carr-Gomm

Although I agree with the sentiment, I am concerned about the source and it's application in Druid practice.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am

Petros wrote:For me there is another factor. While not paranoid, I am very focussed on maintaining identity and integrity, and tend to feel my environment probing me.

Boy there is alot in what you said there Petros about identity. In the back of my thoughts: what would "the world" think of me if discovered nude, I would be ostracized, I would be prosecuted - fined or jailed, I would lose my friends, others would think I am weirdo or pervert. I wish I could get beyond identity and be free of the worry of what others think and be truely free. Integity should still be maintained while nude and undnude...

Petros wrote:Being disrobed is so associated for me with freedom and security that even when there is a possibility of negative discovery, much of the beleaguered feeling leaves.

Freedom I see. You feel "secure" when you are nude? That must be nice, rather than having to look over ones shoulder all the time :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:03 am

webmeister wrote:
Petros wrote:Being disrobed is so associated for me with freedom and security that even when there is a possibility of negative discovery, much of the beleaguered feeling leaves.

Freedom I see. You feel "secure" when you are nude? That must be nice, rather than having to look over ones shoulder all the time :)

I think that if we are BOLD in our freedom in Christ, then we may also be BOLD (secure) in our freedom to be as God created and intended us to be.

I think it boils down to what we "BELIEVE". If we TRULY "BELIEVE" that we are in Christ, that we have freedom in Christ, that we have been TRULY made "NEW" in Christ, that God created us "naked and unashamed" and that, in Christ we are once again "naked and unashamed" (at least unashamed of what God created and declared to be "VERY GOOD!"), then we should be easily able to live BOLDLY in ALL areas of our "NEWNESS", including devoid of unnatural coverings of any kind.

However, since we are a "work in progress", many of us will continue to struggle with that freedom or some aspects thereof up and until the Resurrection.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:22 pm

natman wrote:
webmeister wrote:

I think that if we are BOLD in our freedom in Christ, then we may also be BOLD (secure) in our freedom to be as God created and intended us to be.

I think it boils down to what we "BELIEVE". If we TRULY "BELIEVE" that we are in Christ, that we have freedom in Christ, that we have been TRULY made "NEW" in Christ, that God created us "naked and unashamed" and that, in Christ we are once again "naked and unashamed" (at least unashamed of what God created and declared to be "VERY GOOD!"), then we should be easily able to live BOLDLY in ALL areas of our "NEWNESS", including devoid of unnatural coverings of any kind.

However, since we are a "work in progress", many of us will continue to struggle with that freedom or some aspects thereof up and until the Resurrection.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6)

We must also not make unwise decisions against the law. Standing in my front yard nude proselytizing my freedom in Christ would end me up in jail. No doubt I am a work in progress until Resurrection...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?