Hibernation coming up

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Hibernation coming up

Postby Petros » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 pm

The geese are collecting and testing their spelling [VIVA]. Rodents are collecting acorns off the rive as fast as they fall from the trees. We sighted a monarch butterfly yesterday.

The gulf air that plagues us here in summer making Africans uncomfortable is soon to be replaced with arctic zephyrs that make Lapps and Inuit feel at home.

And my time is limited. Soon my all too non-Yahgan sensors will tell me to cover up in my morning and night sessions.

No help for it - we can't snowbird south, we can't put the heat up high enough. I will miss it, count the days till the first opportunity. Find a niche for near nudity hear and there, now and then.

That is the hand we were dealt, the planet we were given. But even come January, sitting at my keyboard in my heavy robe over warm pajamas, there I be - as nude as possible / practicable, as clothed as advisable / necessary.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Hibernation coming up

Postby Maverick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Petros wrote:That is the hand we were dealt, the planet we were given. But even come January, sitting at my keyboard in my heavy robe over warm pajamas, there I be - as nude as possible / practicable, as clothed as advisable / necessary.

I take solace in the fact that I am always naked under whatever clothes I wear. Even in a Texas winter I have to bundle up, but sleeping nude wrapped in blankets is great!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:17 pm

We had a cold front blow through during the night. This morning, when I went out to feed the dog, it was in the low 50's and I was in my gym shorts. I actually thought that it would be rather tolerable if I were able to shed the shorts. The grass was wet and cold on my feet, the breeze refreshing on my bare skin, and I'm wondering how cold does it have to be THIS year to keep me clothed to any degree. :!:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:55 am

Even with winter and that dreaded white stuff. I'm still nude 99.99 per cent of the time. The only time I might put on clothes is if the wind is from a westerly direction.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:24 am

Between fuel costs, a windswept sprawling house, and two tastes in temps and coverings to accommodate, no can do here [most of our much wind is west - though north is worse.

As of now, long sleeves sitting on the porch and sweater at my potentially nude times.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Petros wrote:Between fuel costs, a windswept sprawling house, and two tastes in temps and coverings to accommodate, no can do here [most of our much wind is west - though north is worse.

As of now, long sleeves sitting on the porch and sweater at my potentially nude times.

If it costs that much to heat your house, you really have a strong case for boarding the place up and driving to some south Florida campground until one of the neighbors calls to report that it is thawing back home in Frostbite Falls.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Which is what the neighbours do - but in our situation it just ain't practical.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I envy those who can afford two homes--one for Spring and summer, and one for Fall and Winter. We have several people like that here at the resort. They will return in November and stay until Spring. The summer days here are unbearably hot, and snow here is rare. The nights are already getting too chilly for me, and I've been using the furnace and electric heater in the early morning and the evenings. However, I wear no more than a T-shirt indoors.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:I envy those who can afford two homes--one for Spring and summer, and one for Fall and Winter.

My first home is a 50-year old house on the wrong side of the tracks, but the neighbors are surprisingly right-sided folks!

My second home is a pup tent with a leaky roof, but at least I have a place to stay when I go to south Florida!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:03 pm

I'm lucky enough to be able to go nude or near nude indoors year round. And outdoors I' ve gotten by dressed only in my open robe in the winter, ready to cover if neighbors or neighborhood visitors might be in their front yards or on the street as well.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby gardenlover » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:22 am

While I love the changing seasons, tis a sad day when layers of clothing are required to keep warm. I look forward to any last days of indian summer that we may be blessed with. I can't help but think that the Good Lord gave us seasons to illustrate the span of our life and the short time we have on this earth. I look forward with great joy to the day I am in His wonderful presence.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 am

Ditto that.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 am

gardenlover wrote:While I love the changing seasons, tis a sad day when layers of clothing are required to keep warm. I look forward to any last days of indian summer that we may be blessed with. I can't help but think that the Good Lord gave us seasons to illustrate the span of our life and the short time we have on this earth. I look forward with great joy to the day I am in His wonderful presence.

Even in the tropics, there are seasons.
In Hawaii, by late December it is cool in the mornings, several rainy days each week.
Winter rains bring out the flowers and even the leeward side of the islands grows lush and green.
Too wet and chilly for high country hiking in general, but a visit to the volcano is always pleasant and you can warm your hands by the steam vents on the crater rim unless a major eruption is underway.
Stop at a coffee plantation for a cup of coffee and enjoy the gentle winter sun, little risk of sunburn for my complexion.

South Florida, winter is the dry season! The ocean is still warm in early winter, less so by mid-January, but you can lie in the sand almost any day of the winter.
On occasion a massive cold front makes it all the way down to Miami, so I'd pack a sweater for cool mornings.
Evenings can be a bit chilly by the shore in winter, even in extreme south Florida. More comfortable a bit inland.
Some folks in south Florida who want truly tropical plants will put them in a greenhouse, mostly unheated, but a space heater can knock out the chill.

In hills of north Georgia, winter days from about Christmas on into mid-February alternate between chilly and wet, bitter cold and dry and rarely sunny and mild.
It is those sunny and mild days that give us some relief from the more typical soggy, foggy gloom.
By late February, the earliest flowers are starting to bloom and you aren't wandering around in the dark nearly as much.
I take refuge in my greenhouse and hope to have a sauna in the back yard eventually.
Sometimes nothing but a campout in south Florida will do.
Point the car south and keep driving until you feel comfortable nude!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:53 pm

One of the advantages of living in Houston is that winters are fairly short (we get to spend more time nude). One of the disadvantages of living in Houston is that winters are fairly short (not long enough to kill all the mosquitoes so that we have to be wary about spending more time nude.)

Fortunately, we eat a lot of garlic which supposedly makes our blood less palatable to the nasty buggers. However, one that has defective taste buds inevitably sneaks through every once in a while.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Mosquitoes love me, turning up their probosces at the rest of the family. On the other hand, there is lately a yellowjacket comes to our porch not interested in me or the Canine Companion but fascinated by Herself. Not that I blame him.

Easy Africa has definite but different seasons, as does Austin, whose year is ours with the gas turned up. LA, however, I noted no seasonal variation, just random cycles for various plant species.
Petros
Native Resident

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?