Hibernation coming up

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Hibernation coming up

Postby MoNatureMan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:16 pm

My firewood and wood burning stove are ready. However we still have some great time before winter really sets in.
An advantage of being in a valley is, in mid winter when the temp is reported in mid 50s, it hits 70s when sunny. Great time for outside nudism in middle of winter.
And yes with my free firewood, I like inside cabin around 80.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Here in Colorado we are blessed in two ways (well, many, but two as far as winter nude time):

There are usually some warm days even in January in which we can at least go nude inside without excessive heating costs. Those are unpredictable, though, so we can't always take advantage of outdoor nudity.

And there are a number of clothing-optional hot springs including my favorite place this side of the New Earth, Valley View Hot Springs http://www.olt.org . :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:14 pm

We got a "free" hot tub this year. So far over $1000 invested in installing electrical & replacing a pump - still need to get all the chemicals & water balanced. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time soaking this winter.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 pm

jasenj1 wrote:We got a "free" hot tub this year. So far over $1000 invested in installing electrical & replacing a pump - still need to get all the chemicals & water balanced. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time soaking this winter.

Why is it that I swam in lakes for years without any added chemicals and water balancing and never got a rash nor belly ache :?:

Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:08 am

Lakes are self-cleansing, Ramblinman. :)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:31 am

jochanaan wrote:Lakes are self-cleansing, Ramblinman. :)

Don't you love the way nature works? :like:

We don't have many thermal springs here in the Eastern US.
There is a commercial hot spring along the Appalachian Trail.
The mineral bath is private, outdoors but screened by lattice for privacy, so nudity is quite alright.
By day they charge $20 for one person, cheaper per person for 2 or 3 to share.
Costs a bit more after 6:00 pm.

I am not aware of a single undeveloped hot spring in the East, so far as I know they are all commercial.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Most of the ones I know of in the West are developed, at least somewhat. Even Valley View has lodges, constructed pools and a sauna. But the degree of development varies. I favor minimal development. 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:15 pm

jochanaan wrote:Lakes are self-cleansing, Ramblinman. :)

Not all of them. We have had a few here in Texas and some in California which are fairly stagnant and have had several cases of flesh-eating bacteria. :(

My son is stationed in Biloxi Mississippi and the Air Force has a policy against getting in the water along the gulf. I played in that same water when I was a kid without incident or ever hearing of anyone getting an infection.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Same with the lake we were taking the Canine Companion to swim. Not flesheating bacteria ! but yeast infection in his ears.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:34 pm

When I was a kid, I spent my summers in the Appalachian Mountains with my grandparents. We not only swam in the creeks (CO, I might add) but all we had to drink was water from a cold mountain stream and fresh cow's milk (both of which I had to fetch). In spite of the creek, the stream, and a stinking cow, I'm still here, I think, but some days wish I were there.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Friends facebooked the first snow storm in the town we moved from. For this Wyoming boy South Carolina still feels like summer. Still working in doors without clothing, little too cold and damp for Morning coffee on the back porch nude, but other wise I'm not ready for winter clothes yet.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 am

nakedpreacher wrote:I'm not ready for winter clothes yet.

Who is????

(Maybe my wife. Winter gives her the excuse to wear boots and scarves.)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Thing is - hibernation - if I'm cozily curled in my cave calmly contemplating coming comforts, that is one thing.

But instead, after a longish season of relatively frequent chances to uncover, I find I am chafing. Even with yesterday, relatively free as it was, I find the swaddled months ahead confining.

It was less noticeable in the olden time. Living in town, most of every weekday on campus. Fewer chances for the nude choice, less seasonal difference. Middle period - in the country, no longer with the university, but Number 1 Son and mother in law and occasionally others living here - a few more chances, more than yui might think, but still little real seasonal effect.

But it is there, and it will take a bit before I am resigned to it.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Really sorry you'll have to endure the "swaddling" but you certainly won't be alone, Petros. My time's are already limited due to the ladies (wife, daughter, and granddaughter) but I sneak in as much as I can. Luckily, it doesn't get too extreme temperature wise here in Las Vegas.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:41 am

I was in Las Vegas exactly once; I think Number 1 Son was not walking yet. We were there early Fall, if memory serves - my impression was flat, dry. Little cover, at least in my brother in law's neighbourhood
Petros
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?