Hibernation coming up

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Hibernation coming up

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:59 am

Petros wrote:Thing is - hibernation - if I'm cozily curled in my cave calmly contemplating coming comforts, that is one thing.

But instead, after a longish season of relatively frequent chances to uncover, I find I am chafing. Even with yesterday, relatively free as it was, I find the swaddled months ahead confining.

It was less noticeable in the olden time. Living in town, most of every weekday on campus. Fewer chances for the nude choice, less seasonal difference. Middle period - in the country, no longer with the university, but Number 1 Son and mother in law and occasionally others living here - a few more chances, more than yui might think, but still little real seasonal effect.

But it is there, and it will take a bit before I am resigned to it.

It's going to be 76 today and sunny, so here's your chance to shed some clothes and enjoy the warm sun before cold weather returns!

With so many kinfolk sharing your home, you might have to build a small backyard sunning area enclosed with privacy fence or shrubbery to avoid shocking those who shock easily.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:38 pm

I have a rather vivid imagination, but one has to work very hard to perceive this as 76 or sunny - let's amends that to 49 and fog.

Only the two of us here now except for an occasional visit as Number 1 Son about to show for Christmas - but not real conducive at present,. Still, there is a semi private space at the old silo out back, when it DOES get to 76.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Petros wrote:I have a rather vivid imagination, but one has to work very hard to perceive this as 76 or sunny - let's amends that to 49 and fog.

Only the two of us here now except for an occasional visit as Number 1 Son about to show for Christmas - but not real conducive at present,. Still, there is a semi private space at the old silo out back, when it DOES get to 76.

Not quite 76 where you were?
Oh! That is because you didn't come here!
I promise that it was very warm and sunny today.
I put the clothes aside and enjoyed some time in my back yard without a stitch on.
Honestly, it was quite comfortable without them!
If any water spilled as I gave my plants a drink, it ran right off me; clothes remained dry in the sun elsewhere.
When I had to return to the the public side of the house, they were sun-warmed, clean and ready to wear.

Glad you have a clothing-optional silo for warmer days!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 am

Here in Denver, the high is predicted to be 45 and sunny, warm enough for a quick streak through the back yard--if I had a back yard. Fortunately, I've got a nude Bible study this afternoon with Boyd Allen and friends. :D 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:49 am

I have been enjoying sitting in the hot tub in 45 degree weather and watching the sun come up and Venus disappear. Last week Venus and the moon were almost in the same spot, so I took a picture of them.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:38 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:I have been enjoying sitting in the hot tub in 45 degree weather and watching the sun come up and Venus disappear. Last week Venus and the moon were almost in the same spot, so I took a picture of them.
So can we see the picture? :)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:48 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:I have been enjoying sitting in the hot tub in 45 degree weather and watching the sun come up and Venus disappear. Last week Venus and the moon were almost in the same spot, so I took a picture of them.

I would like to see some Mercury photos at sunset, should be visible soon.
Please post here!
Last edited by Ramblinman on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:54 am

Too bad our hot tub died.
Was always great being in the hot tub with freezing temps and the snow falling on you. Only problem was getting out and making the quick dash to the indoor area.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:20 am

MoNatureMan wrote:Too bad our hot tub died.
Was always great being in the hot tub with freezing temps and the snow falling on you. Only problem was getting out and making the quick dash to the indoor area.

Ron

That's the Finnish way: you need the cold to appreciate the heat, you need the heat to appreciate the cold.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Ramblinman wrote:That's the Finnish way: you need the cold to appreciate the heat, you need the heat to appreciate the cold.

All I can say is "Thank God it is not the South Texan way.".

'Been cold. 'Been hot. Prefer hot over cold. No need to mix and match.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:29 am

The Moon and Venus, as viewed from my hot tub. Hand held, automatic exposure, Nikon D90 with zoom lens at 105mm, and cropped with Paint program.
Attachments
Moon from Hot Tub.jpg
Moon from Hot Tub.jpg (8.31 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 am

About what time was that? I've seen it in my time - but here it would mean traipsing out to the hill in the Back 40 at a time I need to be sitting at the keyboard waking up.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:56 am

New_Adventurer wrote:The Moon and Venus, as viewed from my hot tub. Hand held, automatic exposure, Nikon D90 with zoom lens at 105mm, and cropped with Paint program.
:like:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:42 pm

natman wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:That's the Finnish way: you need the cold to appreciate the heat, you need the heat to appreciate the cold.

All I can say is "Thank God it is not the South Texan way.".

'Been cold. 'Been hot. Prefer hot over cold. No need to mix and match.

You might not like to experience it, but cooling down intermittently is very important to your health in sauna sessions.
I would not want to hear about your death from heat stroke.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:05 pm

Feb 2 and 70 at my hobby farm, in mid-Missouri. Understand that this is in the valley and sun is shinning, but 70 is getting really great. To bad it is so windy today. Spring is on the way And hibernation time is almost over. Next month we should start seeing some good bare days.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?