Why indeed?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Why indeed?

Postby Petros » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 am

There are many things in my life for which I do not have a definite reason. For some, one can be generated. I eat because the urge is on me, but I can point to the fact that the machine does not run without fuel. I excrete because the urge is on me, but it is also true waste products need to be removed. I read. I investigate. I sleep. All totally natural to me, all can be and often are postponed in various situations [I do not read sci fi in the middle of a meeting]. But they rarely will be restrained very long.

Nudity? I can pretend it is for a reason, people find reasons. But it is eating and sleeping and reading. I just have this urge which if not a need is next thing to it. In this climate, in this culture, with Herself's phobia, I have to snatch to little when and where I can.

These days I am getting maintenance doses - about 5-6 hours a day bottom free - I need something up top, open sweater or robe. But - why would anyone want to be nude? Why would anyone have to ask?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Why indeed?

Postby jochanaan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm

It is a measure of how our minds have darkened, that we need reasons for what is normal to us.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:54 am

So true - it is hard for many even to order a pancake breakfast on a road trip without shoving aside taste and energy needs to debate +/- organic, +/- whole grain, calories ...

The unexamined life is not worth living, but the living with an ovr-examined conscience is not much better
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Petros wrote:So true - it is hard for many even to order a pancake breakfast on a road trip without shoving aside taste and energy needs to debate +/- organic, +/- whole grain, calories ...

The unexamined life is not worth living, but the living with an ovr-examined conscience is not much better

It is easy for me.
A lot of things sold in grocery stores and served in restaurants are not food.
If it is not food (as I see it), I simply don't order it.
I won't starve if the restaurant does not sell food.
I can have a cup of coffee with my friends, perhaps a glass of water instead if the hour is late.
There's nothing about the meal to discuss or think about.
I can focus on my friends.
However, I do not dictate to them what they shall eat. None of my business.
If they ask, I can suggest.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Natural food to me goes along with natural living. Often I go to a restaurant and order steak, with no added seasoning. It is unbelievable how good it tastes. All that added MSG and salt and... hides the real flavor.
Sadly I too often ignore the natural food and go for the processed food substitute.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 pm

That reminds me of what Margaret B said to me early in my stay in London: "Good meat does not need [enhancements - not her word, I am entitled to forget the PRECISE wording of something heard 50 years ago]." Me, I like a judicious enhancement or two.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:44 pm

So why do I need to be nude? My reluctant but supportive spouse knows the reason. Indeed she is supportive because of the reason which she discovered by observation.
Being Nude regenerates me like nothing else will I barely does so indoors however but outdoors it floods me with a sense of well being. It stimulates my whole metabolism. If the weather is cool its stimulating effect is even stronger. Whole body exposure works so fast as a stimulant that suplemented with lilght activity I can stand wind and temperaturs where at the same temperature indoors I would feel cold or if outdoors and clothed so that only my face and hands show. I would be cold. And the stimulation does not stop at physical stimulation. Full body exposure to the natural envioronment fills me with a sense of well being, mental alertness and awareness. This combination leads to a vigor to work or if just for recreation sets me up for prayer and meditation. My wife knows this because of the tenseness she sees in me when I cannot go out and the composure I have when I return from walking in the woods for an hour.

I mentioned elsewhere that I got out just the other day and today with temperatures in the mid 60's but wind gusts up to 35mph, and a clear bright sky, I went out for an hour and a half. Those of you who know of my goal to get nude walks in every calendar month of the year may remember that I have said that February is the hardest month to meet this criterion but here it is the second of February and I have been taking nude walks for an hour or more both days. :D :D :D So I think I can say that I am not the person I am supposed to be if I cannot get enough nude time in nature. As for the stimulation, I am 70 years old. a bit of a healthy stimulation is all the more necessary. Without air we die in minutes. Without water we die in days, Without food we die in weeks. Without being in the environment that I was created to live in, ......... what's the point even if I can go far longer without it? There are a lot of things that help keep us centered and without this kind of stimulation it would be so much harder. Sensory deprivation can induce madness and even kill. Nude in a natural setting is a tremendous blessing and lack of it IS sensory deprivation of an unmatched sort. I could survive without it but I would be impaired. My wife has noticed that I am much nicer to be around when I get properly centered. And while she has her own hangups (drilled into her when she was a child) Is it any surprise that from time to time she even suggest I strip off and go walking! I am just sorry it took me so many years to figure it out and get on with it on a regular basis.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:So why do I need to be nude? ...
Being Nude regenerates me like nothing else will I barely does so indoors however but outdoors it floods me with a sense of well being... Full body exposure to the natural envioronment fills me with a sense of well being, mental alertness and awareness. This combination leads to a vigor to work or if just for recreation sets me up for prayer and meditation....

... So I think I can say that I am not the person I am supposed to be if I cannot get enough nude time in nature. As for the stimulation, I am 70 years old. a bit of a healthy stimulation is all the more necessary. Without air we die in minutes. Without water we die in days, Without food we die in weeks. Without being in the environment that I was created to live in, ......... what's the point even if I can go far longer without it? There are a lot of things that help keep us centered and without this kind of stimulation it would be so much harder. Sensory deprivation can induce madness and even kill. Nude in a natural setting is a tremendous blessing and lack of it IS sensory deprivation of an unmatched sort. I could survive without it but I would be impaired. My wife has noticed that I am much nicer to be around when I get properly centered...

With all of that I concur. Not the only evidence that we are similarly constructed. With Herself's precisely opposite relationship to nudity, the row will take a bit more hoeing. But I am making the most of the chances I get both for nudity and for working towards adequate attitude in her.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 am

Skin breathes!
Yes, it is a respiratory organ taking in oxygen, as well as excretory serving our body through perspiration.
Skin only provides about 1% of the entire body's oxygen, but almost all of the oxygen for the epidermis comes from air. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 13067/full
Not only that, if you enter low oxygen environments, (say high altitude), bare skin has receptors that help signal the lungs to increase respiration rate. http://www.livescience.com/2446-humans- ... -skin.html
And of course you don't want to clog your pores with tight clothing.
Creating anaerobic conditions is not a good idea.

Sensory deprivation is real. We remove our skin from direct contact with the world at our own peril.
Winter creates thermal stress on us, but we must take breaks from clothing.
In the extreme winters of Finland, our ancestors realized that they could build saunas to return our body to tropical conditions in brief but necessary times without clothing.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Skin breathes!..... almost all of the oxygen for the epidermis comes from air. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 13067/full
Not only that, if you enter low oxygen environments, (say high altitude), bare skin has receptors that help signal the lungs to increase respiration rate. http://www.livescience.com/2446-humans- ... -skin.html

Ramblinman, Could you repost those URL in their entirety suing the url tags so that they will be sufficiently complete for us to find the actual page. With that ... ellipsis in the middle of them they are not functional url's
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:Skin breathes!..... almost all of the oxygen for the epidermis comes from air. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 13067/full

Ramblinman, Could you repost those URL in their entirety suing the url tags so that they will be sufficiently complete for us to find the actual page. With that ... ellipsis in the middle of them they are not functional url's

Sure!

Skin breathes

Skin Receptors
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:35 am

While I can always find a reason to be nude, I can never think of a reason to wear clothes--except when it's too cold to be nude. The weather lately has been mostly in the 50's F during the day--not ideal weather to be nude. The furnace died well over a month ago, and I've had to use electric heaters.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Still Catching up.

Petros wrote:There are many things in my life for which I do not have a definite reason. For some, one can be generated. I eat because the urge is on me, but I can point to the fact that the machine does not run without fuel. I excrete because the urge is on me, but it is also true waste products need to be removed. I read. I investigate. I sleep. All totally natural to me, all can be and often are postponed in various situations [I do not read sci fi in the middle of a meeting]. But they rarely will be restrained very long.

Nudity? I can pretend it is for a reason, people find reasons.

I would have a problem with the opposite... getting dressed.

I have to ask myself, "Why are you putting clothing on???". Unlike urges for eatig, excreting, sleeping, I have no urge to put clothing on. I have to fight the urge to take it OFF.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:49 pm

natman wrote:...Unlike urges for eatig, excreting, sleeping, I have no urge to put clothing on. I have to fight the urge to take it OFF.
:like: :D :like: :biggrin:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:19 pm

This is me...

SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?