Out of Hibernation

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Out of Hibernation

Postby Petros » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:45 am

It is coming Aslan is on the move and the ice is breaking up. The cranes are back, the robins are back, we have had open windows twice nowe and sat on our porch this evening. Layers are being discarded and while we are far from every day as yet I have now had several gladly grabbed outdoor nude walks.

I have to say, I enjoy seasons - coming out of February weather makes today much more pleasant than trhe same conditions would have been in LA.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Out of Hibernation

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 am

We are likely to have a frost between now and April 15th, but we can only live our days one at a time.
For now it is 70's, sun and flowers everywhere. Rain is still 3 or 4 days away.
Just another day in Paradise. :biggrin:
When frost is at the door, tender potted plants will slide indoors, tomato starts remain in a heated greenhouse.
And eventually the Earth tilts on its axis and we return to the tropics.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:46 am

For which we are grateful - who wants to live on Mercury?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Here too. Flowers bloooooooming. And yesterday, temps in upper 60s, with little wind, made great time for cleanup from previous storm, splitting (and balling) wood. All with the fresh air and sun on the skin.

Yesterday I also had a flock of 9 hen turkeys walk through my front yard.

GREAT time of year.
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:14 pm

And then there is California. Not going to complain, one day nude gardening and BBQ'ing on a nice warm evening, then hunkerd down for a few days while we refill the drought stricken reservoirs...every morning I thank God for the beautiful day, however it turns out :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Sunshine and 80 here today :biggrin:
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun May 15, 2016 1:51 am

chilly spell again, not quite frost but close. Rain and cool all week following it they predict. I have work to do. Lots of it. whether I do it naked our dressed the weather will determine. Mostly some looging for money and then run that machine, the track hoe, get some garden places cleared. Plant my maters and peppers, and then melons and okra and peanuts and whatever I take a hankerin to put in the ground.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Sun May 15, 2016 7:03 am

Frosty morning here in northern Illinois. We had to cover our tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and sweet potatoes. We ran the overhead irrigation on the strawberries last night to protect the tender blossoms. Looks like it will be our last frost.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 am

Jim wrote:Frosty morning here in northern Illinois. We had to cover our tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and sweet potatoes. We ran the overhead irrigation on the strawberries last night to protect the tender blossoms. Looks like it will be our last frost.

Not surprised at your cold weather. We have had low 50's these past two mornings, dry winds, blue skies, certainly not typical for the deep South in mid-May.
I used the cool weather to accomplish an extraordinary amount of hard yard work, but my summer veggies need heat.
Next on my agenda: Mending my privacy fence and setting up pool partition.
I am grateful for my small private sunbathing area, but I want more outdoor space to enjoy clothes-free living!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon May 16, 2016 10:01 pm

It ups downs. Yesterday's walk was chilly in 3 layers. This mornings was cool enough to want one layer unbuttoned uo top but warm out of the breeze. Vatiability but a gradual warming.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am

Petros wrote:...Vatiability but a gradual warming.
That sounds like the global climate! :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue May 17, 2016 6:55 pm

I doubt anyone is talking about global cimate as matching South Central Wisconsin's annual alternation between Gulf air making us too hot for Equatorial Africans in summer and ratherchilly with Arctic zephyrs in winter.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu May 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Petros wrote:I doubt anyone is talking about global cimate as matching South Central Wisconsin's annual alternation between Gulf air making us too hot for Equatorial Africans in summer and ratherchilly with Arctic zephyrs in winter.

Petros,
Your part of the world is, on occasion one of the most pleasant places to be nude.
When it is not, those who can, take a brief excursion elsewhere.
Folks in Baraboo, Madison, Soldier's Grove, Sparta, etc.. may find blessed relief from the heat along the shores of Superior...Ontonagon, the Apostle Islands or perhaps the Keweenaw peninsula.

When it is hot weather you crave, a rustic backyard sauna may be more practical than making a run for Florida or Arizona.

But there must be some narrow window of Edenic weather between the extremes?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri May 20, 2016 7:02 am

Parts of the Spring - about now, in fact - and the Fall are very nice indeed, I'm getting in some quite pleasant walks. It was so in the New Haven of my teens - stifling hot humid summer nights and all too bracing stormy winters.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri May 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Petros wrote:Parts of the Spring - about now, in fact - and the Fall are very nice indeed, I'm getting in some quite pleasant walks. It was so in the New Haven of my teens - stifling hot humid summer nights and all too bracing stormy winters.

The common wisdom says that San Diego has the best climate in the USA, but I contend that it is a matter of taste.
They have coastal fog that lingers long into the morning, the ocean is always chilly by Georgia and Florida standards and winters there are just as rainy as here in the Appalachian foothills.
And I like hot summers with a long swimming season.
Inland toward the desert, it gets nice and hot, but the coast is a bit too cool for my taste.

I enjoy Florida beaches as late as Memorial Day, but after that, I prefer to spend vacations in the highlands of North Carolina.
But come November, when the damp and chill return to these piney woods, the ocean is still tepid and the sun warm in south Florida.
Just point the car south and keep driving until it feels good to be naked!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?