compliant but complaining

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

compliant but complaining

Postby Petros » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 am

Nude time is at a premium just now. Outsiders coming and going on a daily basuis, long standing routines uprooted. Here it is, warming if gradually, the flowers starting to burst, the Canine Companion has had his first tick of the season - and i am stuck inside walls and clothes. Well, this too shall pass. But it is not doing my attitude any good.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: compliant but complaining

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 am

Petros wrote:Nude time is at a premium just now. Outsiders coming and going on a daily basuis, long standing routines uprooted. Here it is, warming if gradually, the flowers starting to burst, the Canine Companion has had his first tick of the season - and i am stuck inside walls and clothes. Well, this too shall pass. But it is not doing my attitude any good.

To the woods! Home is a place to lay our heads at night, nothing more.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:46 am

Petros,

I am with you.

While our daughter was away at school and only rarely home, we had the house and yard to easily enjoy Au-natural, 24-7. Fortunately, she graduated in December. UNFORTUNATELY, she moved back home, and it appears she will be home until she gets married, probably sometime early next year. The problem is not her, per-se, but the fact that she often brings home friends at any and all hours of the day.

The other problem is that I have a second part time job which I was accustomed to working until 12:00 or 1:00am, (preferably nude). Her bedroom is right outside of my workroom, and since she has a REAL job now and must be in bed by around 10:00PM, I need to stop working at that time.

Life appears to be full of compromises.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:57 am

Well then I suppose I am blessed as the weather has been frequently breaking nice for me and I have been able to do my "water impoundment and diversion" and related field work nude, :biggrin: Given moderately warm temperatures and sunny skies clothing can be uncomfortable. With the spring breezes sweat does not accumulate when clothes are absent :D And mud comes off of skin so much easier than pant legs.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:01 pm

natman wrote:Petros,

I am with you.

While our daughter was away at school and only rarely home, we had the house and yard to easily enjoy Au-natural, 24-7. Fortunately, she graduated in December. UNFORTUNATELY, she moved back home, and it appears she will be home until she gets married, probably sometime early next year. The problem is not her, per-se, but the fact that she often brings home friends at any and all hours of the day.

The other problem is that I have a second part time job which I was accustomed to working until 12:00 or 1:00am, (preferably nude). Her bedroom is right outside of my workroom, and since she has a REAL job now and must be in bed by around 10:00PM, I need to stop working at that time.

Life appears to be full of compromises.

Nathan, I don't see that anyone has compromised but you.
When does daughter get to learn that lesson?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Natman,

It seems like you have a "failure to launch" kid or a "boomerang" kid. Have you considered telling her that you will be nude and she needs to accommodate your situation if she wants to live there and she could just move into another room to sleep. Or even better, since she has a real job now, perhaps she should consider having a real apartment now so that she can have a real life now? It does not have to be adversarial or anything like that but if she is old enough to be responsible it would be best if she exercised that adult prerogative.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:49 pm

I have had a series of disruptions for the past month also. First, the hot tub developed a leak that was accessible only by draining and tipping up on edge, and the first fix and refill showed a problem with the repair and a second leak. Drain again, more fixing, refill again and test again. Of course, the empty weight of 900 pounds is too much for me so I need to hire the spa movers for help, at $50 per visit, one to raise, a second to lower, and then repeat a second time.

Part two; we had three windows replaced, one sliding door replaced, and a third window converted to a door. The contractor ordered a bigger window so that required a new longer header in the den, the kitchen window was leaking and exploring for damage showed a sink vent pipe that had rusted out, leaving a quarter-inch gap where the pipe used to be. New concrete landings, plaster debris everywhere, back yard landscaping torn up, repainting inside, and repainting outside when the plaster has cured.

Part three; replace two toilets, a replace one bathroom sink, change one bathtub spout, and schedule a second new sink for the other bathroom.

Part four; we had a visit with daughter and grand-daughter (age 2-1/2), a visit to great-grandma 90 miles away for a four-generation picture, and a baby shower for a cousin. They leave Monday and I can again enjoy my wife, hot tub, bare skin, and solitude.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Kabatsa! Your repair list sounds close enough to ours - past two years two water softeners [we are two houses technically], eight windows, one pump, one dishwasher ...

How long have you been in your place? We are at about the 25 year mark. With the hopewd for move, I am not expecting relief soon.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Natman,

It seems like you have a "failure to launch" kid or a "boomerang" kid. Have you considered telling her that you will be nude and she needs to accommodate your situation if she wants to live there and she could just move into another room to sleep. Or even better, since she has a real job now, perhaps she should consider having a real apartment now so that she can have a real life now? It does not have to be adversarial or anything like that but if she is old enough to be responsible it would be best if she exercised that adult prerogative.

Actually, she is one of the ones that were the easiest to launch.

She is "temporarily" back at home because she and her boyfriend were planning on getting engaged around February and then getting married around August. The vast majority of apartment leases around here are one-year minimum, so she did not want to sign a lease, nor did we think it prudent. Also, in lieu of paying so much for a GRAND wedding, we offered to let her live with us in the interim so that she could save up some money to use toward their wedding. Unfortunately, her boyfriend's brother planned a wedding at the same time they were going to announce their engagement, and now her brother has announced his engagement and plans to married at about the same time she had planned, so she and her boyfriend have moved their plans back so as not to steal anyone else's thunder.

Having grown up in our house, she already understands our situation and has little problem walking in while we are nude. She (and we) have already warned her boyfriend that if they walk in unannounced, they may find us "as God created us" and he seems to be good with that. Sometimes when she comes home with friends, she will crack the door open and yell, "Do you guys have clothes on???". Sometimes she forgets. Fortunately, those times (of her showing up with friends) are fewer and further in between lately. She pops in briefly after work, just long enough to change clothing and head to the gym, comes home to change, and then she is gone until 10:30 or 11:00PM. So we do not see much of her.

We figure, all things considered, we can put up with her presence until early next year. After that, we may start complaining.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:59 pm

How long have you been in your place? We are at about the 25 year mark. With the hopewd for move, I am not expecting relief soon.

I have lived here just over four years, since we married. She has owned the house for 41 years, having done extensive repairs, upgrades, improvements, decorating, and refurbishments. It is now a model home by all standards. Over the past four years I have replaced the oven, refrigerator, and freezer and added a hot tub, back yard outlets and lights, and she did extensive landscaping. It is nice to be retired too.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:04 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:I have lived here just over four years, since we married. She has owned the house for 41 years, having done extensive repairs, upgrades, improvements, decorating, and refurbishments. It is now a model home by all standards. Over the past four years I have replaced the oven, refrigerator, and freezer and added a hot tub, back yard outlets and lights, and she did extensive landscaping. It is nice to be retired too.

Sounds similar to my situation. My wife owned the house we live in for 21 years before we were married. Unfortunately, she waited until after we married to do many of the repairs (her ex-husband was not much of a repair or maintenance person). Almost immediately after we were married, we had to change out the A/C unit, the roof and the carpet and then came all of the appliances. We have since added spa, decks and covered patio new fencing and lots of fruit trees.

It would be NICE to be retired, but it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. (Besides, I do not see "retirement" as a Biblical concept.)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:06 am

A little different for us. Neither of us had house in hand we acquired a farm house that had been a rental, refurbished it for 9 months before moving in, then for years after - to the point that [such is planned obsolescence] mechanicals installed 20 years ago are asking to be replaced.

As for retirement - even if I could retire I would not stop doing my stuff - people I know who DID died very promptly. And whether or not it is a biblical concept, for people like us in this economy it is not an option.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:05 am

Petros wrote:As for retirement - even if I could retire I would not stop doing my stuff - people I know who DID died very promptly. And whether or not it is a biblical concept, for people like us in this economy it is not an option.

I've noticed that many who retire right out do pass fairly quickly unless they may a hobby of something else. My dad is still doing well at nearly 90 but still lives on the farm with a few chickens and a cat.

As for retirement, I have often wondered if retirement in general was biblical and that extends to things like -- is insurance biblical? Is a retirement account biblical? Does it lessen our dependence on God's provision?
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 am

We from time to time talk about the nude state as the initial natural < God. I have spoken professionally [despite warnings from a good friend] about the linguistic evidence for Babel, and on the side frequently about the deleterious effects of cities, which are far from the initial natural < God and which is pointed out in the OT as less than pleasing to God.

Insurance, social security, welfare - the initial natural < God was family first, then community. You were born - with the help of Auntie Ellen the midwife. You learned from your parents and / or the one you were apprenticed to if your mind worked that way instead of your family's specialty. You married with a lot of help and admonition from family and community. You worked your farm and/or trade and/or house and raides your children getting postgraduate education as you went. You got sick, you called in old Foris the herb woman or Black Simon the healer. You did not retire, you got promoted to supervisor like your parents befor you and told or showed your children or grandchildren how it is done, keeping sharp and involved at all times. Maybe you went gaga and sat by your grandkids' fire singing and smiling. You died, the family mourned you asnd buried you.

Citification - which we carefully call civilization - kills that. Too individualistic, for one thing. For another, it means you need the mayor and his council not at all.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

natman wrote:.....Besides, I do not see "retirement" as a Biblical concept.
Actually if one lives financially conservatively and pays off the mortgage and saves and prepares for retirement it is, or at least can be biblical. You just have to look for the blessing in scripture that describes it.
In the 4th chapter, conveying the words of God's promise of future prosperity and peace Micah wrote: 1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3 ¶And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
A proper retirement is just a foretaste of that.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?