I need a reason?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I need a reason?

Postby Petros » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:09 am

The past two weeks we have had a visit, a meeting out of town, a visit, a birthday party, a house showing, Number 1 Son coming to stay a week or two, a visit to the ill.

I neither know or care WHY I want to be nude - why do I like cheese and hate water on the nape off my neck? Why do some rocks go UP out of the ground and others DOWN into the ground, as the trickster asked?

Some things ARE - if there is an explanation, it is dty and useless beside the reality.

I miss my daily fix of nudity. It is not much - I would love to have more clothes free time. And I have lived without longer than this. But whatever the whyever, I DO want to be nude, and that is all of it.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: I need a reason?

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 am

I understand your desire to be nude Petros. I also seek every opportunity I can to shed my clothes and enjoy the freedom. It is one of the reasons I rise early, before the rest of the household most of the time so I may sit here at the computer or sometimes wander about the house fully nude and free. I also seek other opportunities like being home alone to shed my clothing too.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:41 pm

My reason is that to be nude on the outer brings a peace in the inner, but then I suppose that just begs the question of why or how does it bring peace. But it just does. My wife seeing that it does that for me moved her from opposition to an advocate of it for my sake. ........ Now if she would just try it and get the same result for herself ..........
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:My reason is that to be nude on the outer brings a peace in the inner, but then I suppose that just begs the question of why or how does it bring peace.

My reason is partly for peace (which I can't explain either) but mostly for comfort. It feels better to be naked.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Naturism for me is therapeutic. It gives me peace (of mind). It is calming. And it is uplifting. I find myself walking and talking with the One Who wants to clothe me in only His righteousness, sans everything else. So perhaps His righteousness is the biggest draw.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm

It is the season change - I go through this as it cools, I think.

Me, I can find and list all kinds positives and advantages, and no negatives other than weather and the societal and mostly unreasoning sanctions. But it is very basic for me and reasoning does not enter into it any more than it does into my pigging out on pecan pie.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 am

I find clothing to be encumbrances. I get a kick sometimes when I do find myself with clothes on (i.e. coming home from textile world) and suddenly become very hot...I just have to rip them off and give a big awwwww. Usually though I can't get them off fast enough once inside the door. I find it also to be a freedom that is soothing to my soul... :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:02 pm

webmeister wrote:I just have to rip them off and give a big awwwww.

For me that's an "Awwwww yeah!" :biggrin:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 am

Are we perhaps looking at this the wrong way? "Naked" is not a thing we do; it is how we are at all times, even under clothing. When we undress, we are not assuming a new state: we are freeing ourselves from the metaphorical chains that bind us to certain roles in society/the nation/our friends and neighbors. We are not changing our normal state; we are returning to it. We are not taking up a role; we are freeing ourselves from all roles, as if we were actors doffing our costumes and greasepaint after a performance, or hikers dropping our backpacks after a long hike. And isn't it better to be free than to be bound?

Sadly, most folks in this country see the costumes and greasepaint and backpacks as essential.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby webmeister » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:23 pm

jochanaan wrote:Are we perhaps looking at this the wrong way? "Naked" is not a thing we do; it is how we are at all times, even under clothing. When we undress, we are not assuming a new state: we are freeing ourselves from the metaphorical chains that bind us to certain roles in society/the nation/our friends and neighbors. We are not changing our normal state; we are returning to it. We are not taking up a role; we are freeing ourselves from all roles, as if we were actors doffing our costumes and greasepaint after a performance, or hikers dropping our backpacks after a long hike. And isn't it better to be free than to be bound?

Woah! yes yes yes Jochanaan. "metaphorical chains", nice analogy...I am bound by that "unoffending" "legally abiding" "socially acceptable" role that says I will be a good citizen and not get naked in front of you...LOL
I am bound to play the part that society says I must play, but I want to be the role of an singer in the musical Hair :wink:
SO YEAH! when I undress it is my personal breaking of those chains and saying "neener neener neener"... going right now to the backyard naked :lol:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Maybe it's a little hint that God didn't intend us to be wearing anything ever. Usually when we return to God's plan there's a certain sense of relaxation, of peace, feeling that things are right. Trying to analyze why I look forward to working naked much better than working while laden with garments, it just feels better. Makes the work more inviting for some reason. A bit more relaxing is all I can tell. And it's not all just keeping cool when the weather is warm either, I'll get free of the cloth anytime I'm isolated and the weather isn't so cold it's uncomfortable that way.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:37 pm

DaveT wrote:... I'll get free of the cloth anytime I'm isolated and the weather isn't so cold it's uncomfortable that way.

Agreed! I sometimes shed my clothes on a chilly morning and tend a plant or two in the back yard, even if it is only a few minutes.
I need the contact with the fresh air for several reasons.

I have read that skin breathes.
Our skin is like a second pair of lungs, able to deliver oxygen to the extremities. Not the volume of lungs of course, but a useful part of our respiratory system that should be allowed to function as designed.

Lastly, our minds are stimulated by full contact with nature, even if the morning chill means it is a brief sojourn.
Muffling our nerve endings perpetually cannot be good for us. God does things for a reason. Humanity is born naked and would remain so throughout life
were it not for inclement weather and a culture with absurd notions about nudity.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Ramblinman wrote:...God does things for a reason. Humanity is born naked...

Not to mention how much harder delivering a baby who is wearing sneakers and blue jeans might be :lol: .
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:12 pm

When we undress, we are not assuming a new state: we are freeing ourselves from the metaphorical chains that bind us ...

Why is it that when we unchain ourselves some people think we have become unhinged?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:
When we undress, we are not assuming a new state: we are freeing ourselves from the metaphorical chains that bind us ...

Why is it that when we unchain ourselves some people think we have become unhinged?

:prank:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?