Typology Part 2 - Naturism

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Typology Part 2 - Naturism

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:23 pm

As we can categorize where we stand as atheists, so we can divide up naturist stances:

Here assume neutral weather:

A: Most physically comfortable nude

B: Physically comfortable nude or clothed

C: Most physically comfortable clothed

Here assume neutral social environment:

1: Emotionally comfortable nude

2: Emotionally neutral

3: Emotionally uncomfortable nude

i: Sees practical or theoretical arguments for nudity

ii: Neutral

iii: Sees practical or theoretical arguments against nudity

a: Glad to see others nude

b: Neutral

c: Offended or bothered by others' nudity

I: Argues for nudity

II: Neutral

III: Speaks against nudity

I am A-1-ii-a-II. Probably it shows. Herself is decidedly C-3-iii-c-II [possibly III, but she does not actively campaign.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Typology Part 2 - Naturism

Postby Maverick » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:02 pm

I would say I am A-2-i-a-II right now. In the future my II will probably change to I.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:03 pm

A-1-ii-b-II

My wife would agree with everything except ii. She lists me as an "i" personality in that category because I'm always insisting that it's good for me, but I think I'm neutral. 8)
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:37 pm

A 2 i a II

Although for:
Here assume neutral social environment:

2: Emotionally neutral

3: Emotionally uncomfortable nude

I do not have any social experience to draw upon. Answering this from a social situation perspective If I got looked while in a social setting at I fear I would instantly assume the worst. I am always on guard against those with poor intentions. So I may need to say a 3 (rather than neutral) although I really wish it to be a 1.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 pm

B (A if the weather is not "neutral" but instead sunny & warm)
1 (But it depends who's around. Around other nude strangers I am comfortable. Around people from work I would be uncomfortable.)
i (I would add in theological arguments for as well)
a (In an empathetic kind of way. I'm glad to see that they are comfortable being nude. And I suppose as any heterosexual man I am pleased to see attractive women.)
I (online, but not in person - been there, done that, it did not go well)

My wife? I don't know. She joins me nude in the right circumstances (hot tub, sleeping), but she doesn't seek to expose her skin to the sun; and she doesn't "care" about nudity. I think I would put her in the neutral to cautious area.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 am

I consider myself as:
"B: Physically comfortable nude or clothed," but leaning strongly toward "A: Most physically comfortable nude."
"1: Emotionally comfortable nude"
"i: Sees practical or theoretical arguments for nudity"
"a: Glad to see others nude," but with some ambivalence about it.
"I: Argues for nudity," just not very strongly.

For the most part, nudity is not a topic in my social circles and the few times I have mentioned it the response was one of major surprise, total shock, or disbelief. One response was, "You just let it all hang out?" "Yes, I do and it does." That sort of put the damper on being recruited as an evangilist for the church.

My wife does not seem to mind me naked in the back yard or in the hot tub, but she will always wear her bikini. I have been unable to coax her out of it, so far. Last month she went to visit her mother and I went to visit the Sequoins club for the afternoon and evening.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:52 pm

A-1-i-a-I. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:28 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:For the most part, nudity is not a topic in my social circles and the few times I have mentioned it the response was one of major surprise, total shock, or disbelief. One response was, "You just let it all hang out?" "Yes, I do and it does." That sort of put the damper on being recruited as an evangilist for the church.

:lol: This made my day, thanks!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:51 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:For the most part, nudity is not a topic in my social circles and the few times I have mentioned it the response was one of major surprise, total shock, or disbelief. One response was, "You just let it all hang out?" "Yes, I do and it does." That sort of put the damper on being recruited as an evangilist for the church.

Were a fellow congregant with obvious dedication to the Lord and our faith reveal such a point of view about nudism, social nudity and nudity around the home,
I would find him uniquely qualified to reach the nudist segment of society with the love of Jesus.
Because his stance in favor of nudism flies in the face of the common wisdom, but conforms to the will of God and early church practice,
I would give greater favoritism toward him as an evangelist for the faith,
considering his ability to think outside the confines of our cultural prudishness, replacing it with a reverence for the unclad human body as the handiwork of The Great Sculptor.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Because his stance in favor of nudism flies in the face of the common wisdom, but conforms to the will of God and early church practice,
I would give greater favoritism toward him as an evangelist for the faith,
considering his ability to think outside the confines of our cultural prudishness, replacing it with a reverence for the unclad human body as the handiwork of The Great Sculptor.

As have many missionaries to parts of the world where clothing is not "required."
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Maverick wrote:As have many missionaries to parts of the world where clothing is not "required."

Indeed, in the tropics, there is even more need for 100% of our skin to be exposed to fresh air and a certain amount of sunshine.
Deliberate nudity is indicated as a matter of health and hygiene if we can put aside foolish notions of shame about our bodies and the equally foolish notion that clothing is a requisite of civilization or even humanity.

It is amazing that supposedly well-educated people can have such loyalty to the clothing cult we grew up in.
And sad that literate Christians interpret the Bible through the same bias.
With due respect to those who studied theology and pastor our churches, we dare not take every word from them as the oracle of God, but we must test their words against the Bible's actual words.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Responding to an OLD post.

Ramblinman wrote:With due respect to those who studied theology and pastor our churches, we dare not take every word from them as the oracle of God, but we must test their words against the Bible's actual words.

'Sounds very Bareanesque to me. :mrgreen: :like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby dv8 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Maverick wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:Because his stance in favor of nudism flies in the face of the common wisdom, but conforms to the will of God and early church practice, I would give greater favoritism toward him as an evangelist for the faith, considering his ability to think outside the confines of our cultural prudishness, replacing it with a reverence for the unclad human body as the handiwork of The Great Sculptor.
As have many missionaries to parts of the world where clothing is not "required."

Or in some cases, where clothing has been a true barrier to meaningful connection with tribal groups, and nudity was required in order to build trust.

Meanwhile, harking back to the OP, I rate myself A - 1 - i - a - I, which includes upgrades from ii and II within the past two years, in large part due to my exposure to some good, welcoming and through-provoking folks in these online communities of the naturist faithful. (this is a thank you, by the way :wink: )
dv8
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 am

I find my type to be.

This seems to be the same as Jochannan, which is not a surprise to me. as over the years here I have found a consistent strong resonance with what he has posted.

dv8 also has this type but with only 7 posts showing the database is yet too sparse to draw any conclusions.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 am

Bare_Truth wrote:I find my type to be.

Same here.

I guess we are Aoneia-Ones. (A-1-i-a-I). :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?