In the beginning

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

In the beginning

Postby DaveT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 am

God created...... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good........... And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed..........

Naked. The very good state as declared by the highest authority in the universe.

Isa 20:2 At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.
[3] And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;

It seems we can have pretty valid reasons for wanting to get rid of clothing. As well as obvious valid reasons for putting it on. (cold weather) Except our minds are easily programmed with associated thoughts and actions. Staying clothed all the time then isolates nudity to be associated only with those places where otherwise it normally appears. And that being badly corrupted it takes on evil connotations. Which is quite bad for our mental state and associations. We should set our nude bodies free from it's evil association with sinful sexual conduct, forgiven and set free from sin. Should our Creator be offended when we call his creation naturally sinful or tempting us to evil? He certainly should. But He's patient with our ignorance.

Sin causes guilt, Guilt causes shame. But what does that have to do with our natural condition without man made coverings? Absolutely nothing. Why the shame then? It's a hangover from sin, misapplied to our bodies when it really should be placed where it belongs, on sin, identifying it as evil and driving us to Christ for freedom from it.
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: In the beginning

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:03 am

Well said Dave. I believe living naturally would overcome a lot of the shame issues for us all.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Dave

:like: :like: :like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Dave,
I trace one branch of my family tree to Finland.
Sauna culture is part of traditional Finnish life.
Families vary today in how they handle nudity and privacy in the sauna, but in the old days, families would warm up together in the sauna, men, women and children at the same time on many occasions.
Family friends would share the sauna when they came to visit.
Sauna hut is a sacred place, not a time for lewd talk and drunkenness.
Clothing was never worn, it was considered unhealthy and prevents you from absorbing the warmth and healing powers of the steam.
If your sauna was near a lake, you would jump in to cool off before returning back to the warmth.

So this is part of my heritage, a sacred time of rest and healing and meditation and a time in which nudity is expected, clothing unheard of.
In places with long cold snowy winters, this makes sense.

Now I live in the sunny South, hot much of the year and prudish all year.
But I will never forget the way our people lived back in the old country.
Their common sense attitude about good nudity needs to be cherished wherever Finns and friends of Finland gather.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 pm

DaveT wrote:We should set our nude bodies free from it's evil association with sinful sexual conduct, forgiven and set free from sin.

We (Christians) are, indeed, forgiven of the hideous sins that corrupted our relationship with God. We are set free and there is now no more condemnation. (Romans 8:1)

I'm reminded of the following quote regarding sexual sin. I know this strip is about "in the beginning," in Genesis, but I think the commentary on Leviticus 15 fits the discussion since sexual sin is mentioned:

Leviticus 15:1-33. Religion and Sex. "This chapter is concerned with secretions connected with the sexual organs. We may concur in Christopher North’s comment that “on the whole, true religion is sound hygiene;” we may note, too, with Driver and White that “a sense of natural disgust or shame has been developed into an ethical and religious feeling of uncleanness.” But, in fact, there is an almost necessary connection between religion and sex because both belong to the sphere of the sacred. There have been those who have sought to live as if the sexual had no place in their lives. This leads to disaster. Not less disastrous is a purely materialistic or purely physical notion of sex. Man is neither an angel nor a beast, but a person compact of body and soul in indissoluble union while life lasts. The consulting rooms of the psychoanalysts are thronged with people who have failed to see the connection between religion and sex. The ancient rules of this chapter have no direct relevance for us. A guiding principle for Christians is that the sexual nature of man must be frankly recognized by him and accepted, and must also be kept in its due place by reverence for his spiritual nature. (emphasis added)

From: The Interpreter’s Bible, Volume 2 (a solid, conservative Wesleyan Holiness perspective).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?