Apparently the only section open to newcomers

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Apparently the only section open to newcomers

Postby Colin23 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:47 am

I was interested to read the threads in another section on telling a pastor that you are a naturist. I wanted to add my experience, but it appears that as a newcomer I can't post in the sections on naturist experiences. When I was still married, my wife and I went on three naturist holidays (her suggestion, to my great surprise at the time). At church on the first Sunday after our return from the first of those holidays, our Rector commented to my wife what a dark tan she had. She replied, "Yes, I'm like that all over." He thought she had made a mistake, and said, "ALL over?" She replied, "Yes, all over." I would not have said that, although it would of course have been equally true, partly because I think people would accept nudity as a choice for women more readily than men (it would sound like confessing to indecent exposure) and partly because I am ordained. Now, in retirement and without access to naturist beaches, I think it would probably be a stumbling block to parishioners if it were to become known that I sunbathe naked in my backyard. I certainly don't think it is anything to be ashamed of, but I would not to impede my ministry over something inessential to faith.
Colin23
New Comer

Re: Apparently the only section open to newcomers

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Colin, you'll have to make a minimum of 10 posts before you can join most of the forum discussions. Thank you for sharing your experience. Personally, I think your ex-wife's response was totally appropriate. One, including an ordained minister, should feel free to announce we are nudists. We should be judged on our character and not people's misconceptions of who/what we are. I think, personally, too many Christians are concerned their lifestyles will cause others to stumble. Of course, as you may have read elsewhere on the site, I do not claim to be religious though I don't condemn anyone who is.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks for the post Colin. Yes it is frustrating when you want to comment on a post but it won't allow you to. You just have to make your replies where you can, just like you did .
naturist
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 am

The bold and beautiful wife. The world needs more of them.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am

Hi Colin,

There are two other threads, or strips as like to call them here - can't think why - you could post in.

Firstly, you could tell us a bit more about how you came to faith. Personally, I love reading those stories; the multitude of ways God gets to us never fails to amaze me. My story started with free food being offered... I still toy with adding some more to that story.

Secondly, how did you get into naturism? We know your wife was instrumental in this but it would be good to read a fuller version & not because we're a bunch of busybodies - we're not!

A third way to up the post number is to respond to as much stuff as possible.

You don't have to write reams of stuff; some do, I tend to fall into this camp whereas others take a more pithy approach.

Hope you find your feet here soon, mate. :D
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?