Why be nude?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Why be nude?

Postby NakedMan57 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 am

I have been home recovering from shoulder surgery since 12/08/11. Up until last week I was having many major bouts of depression. I signed up for CNV membership on 01/04/12 (8 days ago). Since that day I spend every minute naked unless I have to go to town. My wife is even getting naked as soon as she comes through the door from work. YIPPEE!! :biggrin:
I haven't had one bout of depression since. My wife even has noticed a more vibrant happy person in me. (I have always been kind of a grump).

And, that's why (I) be nude!

Donald
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 am

It all sounds very positive, Don. Glad to read your wife is getting into the spirit as well. Hope you will soon get to experience social nudity and both will find it to be very positive.

By the way, I saw elsewhere you were in the Air Force. I'm retired Air Force (24 years) and did two tours in San Antonio at Lackland AFB besides the almost one year I did there from basic training through dog school and combat preparedness my first time around.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby NakedMan57 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am

luxorsecurity wrote:By the way, I saw elsewhere you were in the Air Force. I'm retired Air Force (24 years) and did two tours in San Antonio at Lackland AFB besides the almost one year I did there from basic training through dog school and combat preparedness my first time around.

Jim

Jim,

I did the standard 4 years (74-78). I was in base comm and then AF Security Services. Crypto Maintenance. Tried to get back in after college but they didn't want me. My father was Ace in a day in WWII, flying P40's and P38's. My FIL was retired AF, he was crew chief on 52's. I am very proud of both of my dads.

I was stationed at Sheppard, Luke and Elmendorf. Was TDY to Canon, NM, Goodfellow, Keesler. So, I had a great tour! I tried doing my college work while on active duty but with my job it was too difficult to get the classes I needed. So, I got out at 4 years, finished my degree in 3 years and tried to get back in. In 1981, the military was trimming down a bit and didn't have anything for me. Otherwise, I would have been retired Air Force, too.

No regrets. My wife and I have had a wonderful 33+ year ride mostly doing God's work among the people. We raised our 2 kids in the Lord and they faithfully serve as missionaries.

God is GREAT, isn't He.

Thanks for the encouraging reply.

Donald
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:10 pm

NakedMan57 wrote:My wife even has noticed a more vibrant happy person in me. (I have always been kind of a grump).

Donald,

There is actually a disorder which causes depression when people do not get enough sunlight on their skin to produce Vitamin-D known as SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_a ... e_disorder). Although, with it being winter, I doubt that your joy is coming from additional sunlight on your body. I recon it it from having additionan SON-light on your body and soul. :D

Unfortunately, I was never in the military. My dad was a retired Marine. I came of military age at the end of the Vietnam war. Too easily sea-sick to join the Navy and too "smart" to join the Army, my dad told me that if I joined the Marines, he would just "shoot me himself". I tried to enlist into the Air Force, but they were pushing people out, so I never got a chance at the military. My son, on the other hand, joined the Air Force after two years of college, has been in for 13 years and just re-upped for another eight. Like me, he has a propensity toward computers, programming and networks, has earned his BS in Computer Science and is now finishing his Masters. I am VERY proud of him.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby NakedMan57 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 pm

natman wrote:
NakedMan57 wrote:My wife even has noticed a more vibrant happy person in me. (I have always been kind of a grump).

Donald,

There is actually a disorder which causes depression when people do not get enough sunlight on their skin to produce Vitamin-D known as SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_a ... e_disorder). Although, with it being winter, I doubt that your joy is coming from additional sunlight on your body. I recon it it from having additionan SON-light on your body and soul. :D

We go to a tanning booth once per week because we read a similar article about sunlight and depression. Yes, the additional SON-light is very good for body and soul. 8)

Happy to hear your son is in the good branch of the military. Tell him that my wife and I both want to extend our heartfelt thanks for his service to this country.

My dad basically told me the same thing about the different branches. And I too got sea sick on boats when I was younger. Funny thing is I never got sick in airplanes, just cars and boats. Here is some minutia: my dad and I had only one permanent stateside assignment and it was the same base. Luke AFB, AZ, me in 1975-77 and him in 1941-42.

Well, I digress.

Thanks for the reply.

Donald
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I just want to say thanks to all who did serve and who are currently serving our country. Of course, not everyone was able nor will ever be able to serve. And, it's okay. We need non-military members of society as well. I'm just tankful to have met so many great people on this site through our various posts.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby abitshy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

I'm a bit new here to this site. While I love being nude outdoors, I have hesitated to share that experience with others. One thing that factors in my thinking for pretty much all decisions goes like this... What is gained for Christ, and what is not gained. While something in me really, really wants to be free in front of others, I just wonder what is gained and what is lost. I.e., Paul said that he became all things to all men in order that by all means to save some. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
abitshy
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

abitshy wrote:I'm a bit new here to this site. While I love being nude outdoors, I have hesitated to share that experience with others. One thing that factors in my thinking for pretty much all decisions goes like this... What is gained for Christ, and what is not gained. While something in me really, really wants to be free in front of others, I just wonder what is gained and what is lost. I.e., Paul said that he became all things to all men in order that by all means to save some. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
I can't speak for all here, but I have gained lots of new insights about our bodies as God's image, the relationship (essentially none) between nakedness and sexual temptation, and even our status as children of God. And I see great potential for soul-healing here: We all, probably, understand that poor body-image, especially among women, causes great harm to our souls and even exacerbates anorexia and bulimia and other psychological ills; and the total acceptance that being naked encourages is an agent of healing.

What we lose in "good standing" with the organized churches, I feel we gain among others who may hunger for what we have, both as naturists and as God's children.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?