Modesty Article written by a female

How do people control their lust, when they are all together, naked? Doesn't the Bible say it's wrong?<P>Only Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Modesty Article written by a female

Postby ezduzit » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 am

http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pa ... w.html?p=1

No mention of nudity, dressing to "attract" would be null and void if all were nude ! :biggrin:

Ez
ezduzit

Re: Modesty Article written by a female

Postby Petros » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 am

Null and void if and only if

a. body paint, makeup, perfume and accessories are not in evidence

b. hairdos, other hair trimmings, manicures and pedicures are uniform

c. plastic surgery is out of the question

And even then thee is "behaving to atract" - posture, eyes, gestures, usw.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

I posted this on the linked site:

"There is a basic problem here, and it is that both Christian men and Christian women too often judge by the world's standards. The world says that if a woman dresses provocatively, she is sexually available--and "provocatively" changes with every generation and with cultures and subcultures. It also says that "men are dogs" and that we can't change our basic desires enough to allow women to dress or undress as they will without danger from us.

But what was the way of Jesus? He treated all women as worthy of respect, however they were clad, even the woman caught in adultery, who was most likely naked when they brought her to Him, since she was caught "in the very act." Did He say, "Put some clothes on"? No, He only said, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go, and sin no more." And His teachings make it clear that all lusts are not matters of what it outside ourselves, but what is inside our hearts. (See Matthew 15:10-20; Luke 6:45.)

As Christian men, we should do no less. And with the Spirit's help, we can in fact train ourselves to see women, however they are dressed, as sisters in Christ (at least potentially) and therefore not a proper object to desire to possess (unless she is one's wife). We no longer need worry about whether we are "falling into lust" because lust, understood in Biblical terms, is not a passing fancy but a fixed desire allowed to grow into an obsession. We can trust the Holy Spirit to check, counsel and aid us in our interactions with all our Christian sisters. And that is the much better way than for us to tell women what they should or shouldn't wear to avoid our "lusting eyes."

So, among Christian brothers who have learned this, a woman can be totally safe whatever she is or isn't wearing, because our eyes and minds, far from judging by the world's standards, appreciate her not as an object but as a sister."
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 am

Well said, jochanaan. All men and women deserve respect, regardless of their state of dress or undress. In my ideal world we would all be free to go clothed or unclothed as we wish without sock or, lust, or any other emotion beyond brotherly or sisterly love for all.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 pm

I had to admit - took me a second to process "unclothed without sock"
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm

"Dressing in the way God commands—with modesty, propriety and decency"
And I can't think of anything better for that than the one button suit that HE gave me.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 pm

prairieboy wrote:"Dressing in the way God commands—with modesty, propriety and decency"
And I can't think of anything better for that than the one button suit that HE gave me.
Me neither. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to The lust factor