Coffee Shop Confessions: I walk around naked...

We hear a lot of talk about harming children nowadays. Doesn't exposing them to nudity in the home (and elsewhere) give them a warped outlook on life?<P>Only Native and Permanent Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Coffee Shop Confessions: I walk around naked...

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 pm

What are your thoughts about this...

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Re: Coffee Shop Confessions: I walk around naked...

Postby ezduzit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:18 am

I agree with all the answers / comments made by the other parents present.....with the exception of the dad`s response in not wanting to be nude in front of his children although its ok for his wife to be ?
The niece visiting adds a certain amount of danger to the practice esp if her parents aren`t aware of the situation, but one would suspect they know about it since they are kin and "dropping " the niece off .
Ez
ezduzit

Postby natman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm

I have no problem being nude in front of my own children. I might be concerned about walking around nude in front of a niece, nephew or neighbor kids unless I spoke to their parents first. In my own family, it probably wouldn't be an issue. Most of my brothers and sisters have the same or similar attitudes toward nudity that I do. My wife's family, not so much.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nature » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Both my kids have seen my wife and I naked, we don't have a problem with that. Neither one of us has been naked in front of others though. I'm however the naturist in the home and at the moment neither my kids seem to mind. My daughter is 8 and my son 11.
nature
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 am

nature wrote:I'm however the naturist in the home and at the moment neither my kids seem to mind. My daughter is 8 and my son 11.

Don't worry. That will change. :(

It seem inevitable that even children raised in staunchly naturist homes will be swayed by peer pressure and the pressure of the world-view of simple nudity at some point, will likely set it aside, and may or may not pick it up again when they get older. :(

Of course, the same is true for Christianity and many other family values.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nature » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:02 am

natman wrote:Don't worry. That will change. :(

It seem inevitable that even children raised in staunchly naturist homes will be swayed by peer pressure and the pressure of the world-view of simple nudity at some point, will likely set it aside, and may or may not pick it up again when they get older. :(

Of course, the same is true for Christianity and many other family values.

Let me clarify my previous statement. Currently I'm the only naturist at home. Mostly in the bedroom. Before kids arrived I had full reign of the house. As kids got older though I was requested by my wife to be more modest. We are still open in front of children and bath with door open etc.

At this stage kids don't have any issues. What I am going to do, with my wife's permission, is to go back to before the kids arrived. So for the next 2 weeks I'm going to have free reign of the house again.

After the 2 weeks we will sit kids down and get thier opinion as to what they think of thier naturist dad. Depending on thier reaction, we will then decide if I will continue to have free reign or restrict it to bedroom. My hope that during the next 2 weeks that the kids will join their naturist dad.
nature
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 am

I suspect that a good part of the response will depend on perceived maternal signals. The degree to which they are integrated with peers is also likely to be a factor.

Had such a thing appened in our home [most unlikely, my father even in the middle of a humid summer did not change out of suit and tioe when he came home - I was in college before he agreed to the shocking step of wearing short sleeves] Diana and I would have been fine but not reacxted or joined until strong positives came from my mother; Maureen - I think she would have been troubled.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:33 am

nature wrote:So for the next 2 weeks I'm going to have free reign of the house again.

After the 2 weeks we will sit kids down and get thier opinion as to what they think of thier naturist dad. Depending on thier reaction, we will then decide if I will continue to have free reign or restrict it to bedroom. My hope that during the next 2 weeks that the kids will join their naturist dad.

That is an interesting way to deal with it. It seems that it would be a good idea to discuss it with them BEFORE you begin, but then you might get a lot more push-back. This way they get to experience "naked-dad" and THEN provide their input.

Please let us know how it goes.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nature » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:41 pm

I will keep you informed. Starting tomorrow night when I get home from work.
nature
Native Resident

Postby MtnDewNudist » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 pm

I have no issue being nude in front of my kids and often have. My wife is also the same way with the kids as they come and go as we bathe or dress. The kids also have no issue with nudity, although my daughter has become a little more reserved in front of everyone. She will not make an issue if someone walks in on her but doesn't actively seek to be nude around the house.

My wife and I believe nudity to be beneficial for all and our experiences over the past couple of years has proven that to be true as we've grown closer as a family since opening up and being nude.
MtnDewNudist
Native Resident

Return to What about the children?