Nudist parable

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Nudist parable

Postby OzTech » Sat May 09, 2020 9:30 am

Er... Baresoul... it does seem as if not everyone in CNV claim to be Christian... according to their profile... so I suspect that some of the basic understandings of scripture may not necessarily be a part of their operational mentality.

If a person has not asked Jesus into their life then the things of God, the Christian principles (i.e. the whole new creation mind set that becomes a part of us when we become a Christian) are impossible for them to understand... they are foolishness. I try to talk to my wife's siblings, who have rejected their Catholic up bringing, about what it is to be a Christian but it's like they cannot comprehend what I am saying... the whole idea is just to foreign for them to make any sense of it. The basic thing that indicates a person has actually become a genuine Christian is that their life begins to change to take on characteristics that are more Christ-like. A 'good man' or 'pretend Christian' will do their best to present an image they think is acceptable within society and the Church but there is no change of nature in them that will tend to cause them to do the, good, noble and selfless acts without a conscious effort upon their part so for a non-Christian, at times, that image cracks or they break down with the effort of trying to be something they are not.

I do not know, without making unfounded assumptions (and that's not me), why a person who is not a Christian would want to be in a discussion group of people talking about things that pertain to us as Christians but perhaps there may be some encouragement for them to also become a Christian. Of course... it might just be that some people here are really Christians but simply have not edited their profiles to indicate that.
If all else fails.... read the instructions
OzTech
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Was the woman in the shower married to the non-nudist? If it was my wife I would thoroughly enjoy having her step out of the shower and into my arms.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 am

New_Adventurer wrote:Was the woman in the shower married to the non-nudist? If it was my wife I would thoroughly enjoy having her step out of the shower and into my arms.

Now THERE is an excellent reason as to why we can't make a judgement call based on so little information given. New Adventurer's hypothesis would be very ideal! (except for the fact that the guy isn't a nudist...)
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 pm

If we want to make use of a parable given to us to stretch from it what can make alternative conclusions, we can have that. But the spirit of it was not intending to have such alternatives. If the showering woman was married to the nonnudist viewing her, that is relevant information that should not be left out, for answering the question. It is as any parable, if all things otherwise are equal, with just the stated difference, who would be committing adultery in his heart, which will still be lusting in the case of one not being married. With that there could not be a relevant difference of the two men, other than what is described in the parable.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun May 24, 2020 8:56 pm

The are always alternatives and different solutions to any problem. In physics and chemistry classes one of the classic questions is how to determine the height of a building using a barometer. The expected answer is to measure the barometric pressure at the bottom and top of the building and calculate the elevation change based on air pressure differences. But wait, I have more... You could use the ruler of the barometer and simply measure the building. You could barter the barometer for real information on the building's construction. Or you could simply drop the barometer from the top, measure the fall time to the bottom, and calculate the elevation change using the standard formula for acceleration, time, and distance.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:The are always alternatives and different solutions to any problem. In physics and chemistry classes one of the classic questions is how to determine the height of a building using a barometer. The expected answer is to measure the barometric pressure at the bottom and top of the building and calculate the elevation change based on air pressure differences. But wait, I have more... You could use the ruler of the barometer and simply measure the building. You could barter the barometer for real information on the building's construction. Or you could simply drop the barometer from the top, measure the fall time to the bottom, and calculate the elevation change using the standard formula for acceleration, time, and distance.

It seems that this posted here must connect in a way to the topic of the nudist parable, I admit I am drawing a blank. Can the connection be explained for me? Sorry that I ask you to trouble yourself for that.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri May 29, 2020 5:44 am

How does it relate? Well, let me wander for a minute...
We are asked to make a decision based on incomplete information.
There is a suggestion of a situation that may not exist.
There are usually multiple perspectives of an event or situation.
There is usually a great deal of baggage brought along to influence our perspectives.
This parable suggests a situation that exposes your prejudices.
Can you look at a woman and appreciate her as a person and not a sex object?
Does nudity suggest an illicit condition? This group should know better!

Is that sufficient. Twenty years ago I had to write a technical description of a decision tree that would result in a yes or no answer, no middle ground. My boss read it and made an interesting comment, "I thought I was a pretty good writer, but this is better."

Some people say there is no correct answer, that everything is in the gray area, everything is by inference, but that makes everything analog. In this day and age we are forcing everything to be digital. Your turn at bat.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:How does it relate? Well, let me wander for a minute...
We are asked to make a decision based on incomplete information.
There is a suggestion of a situation that may not exist.
There are usually multiple perspectives of an event or situation.
There is usually a great deal of baggage brought along to influence our perspectives.
This parable suggests a situation that exposes your prejudices.
Can you look at a woman and appreciate her as a person and not a sex object?
Does nudity suggest an illicit condition? This group should know better!

Is that sufficient. Twenty years ago I had to write a technical description of a decision tree that would result in a yes or no answer, no middle ground. My boss read it and made an interesting comment, "I thought I was a pretty good writer, but this is better."

Some people say there is no correct answer, that everything is in the gray area, everything is by inference, but that makes everything analog. In this day and age we are forcing everything to be digital. Your turn at bat.

This is where I disagree for things I have stated already previously. We are told at the start this is a parable. A parable does not involve second guessing. It was not a report, like a news report, of an event that was happening. There are no other relevant facts. The parable, any parable, states the relevant facts for a conclusion. Anything else that would be considered, not being stated in the parable, is to be assumed equal. If it is about the woman who showered being married to one of the men passing by while she was seen, that would be stated in the parable. That it is not indicates it is not a relevant fact to this so neither of the men are married to her. If it posits that one committed adultery in the heart, but both could have, and if adultery indeed means a man doing so is married, both men would be married but all things being equal neither was married to the woman who was seen, as the one married to her, dwelling on his fantasies with her, is not committing adultery against her.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 am

I think you've got it right, baresoul. Look at a parable as a parable, not an intellectual exercise of thinking of the possibilities.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 pm

The answer has to be neither.
The woman is the non-naturist wife.
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism