Nudity and thr Roman Catholic church

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nudity and thr Roman Catholic church

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:28 pm

For sure many catholics are struggling with the issue of nudity. These are some of my thoughts.
Considering the Roman Catholic church considers itself infallible, doesn’t the open plain depiction of nudity of God and mankind in the art of the Sistine Chapel, legitimize common, casual, social, and even make some nudity godly? That would seem to include nudity when worshiping God.
I am not an expert on the catholic church, but it seems logical.
Note that this is not meant to be an attack against the catholic church, but I think could make for some very interesting conversations with catholic people, including opening their eyes to non-sinful nudity.
Can these points be helpful when talking to non-catholics also?
Your thoughts
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Re: Nudity and thr Roman Catholic church

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:44 am

MoNatureMan wrote:For sure many catholics are struggling with the issue of nudity. These are some of my thoughts.
Considering the Roman Catholic church considers itself infallible, doesn’t the open plain depiction of nudity of God and mankind in the art of the Sistine Chapel, legitimize common, casual, social, and even make some nudity godly? That would seem to include nudity when worshiping God.

Good points, but you will communicate better with Catholics if you understand that it is only a few pronouncements of the pope (ex-cathedra) that are considered infallible.
Jim
Native Resident

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism