Professional Organization

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Professional Organization

Postby eric731 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:51 pm

I am a member of Christian Motorcycle Association. It was created around 1972 when a Christian saw that most of the people at these motorcycle rallies were not saved. The motorcycle community was considered a rough, tough people. The people that would ride bikes were never considered "Church going" people. However, with the Great Commission staring at him, he felt he needed to go where there were unchurched people and tell them about Christ. And so it began; a crusade to go into this community of tattooed, bearded men and scantly-clothed women and tell them about Christ. And now, many people come to Christ through the humble service of Christians stepping out and reaching the lost where they are at; at motorcycle rallies.

I wonder what it means to be a Christian Naturist? Does it mean to lay around naked around small swimming pools? Does it mean to play nude volleyball like there is not a care in the world? Or does a Christian Naturist mean more than that?

Can the Christians organize a professional organization to promote Christ at Nude Conventions? Can the Christians set up tents to promote Christian values within this community? Can Christian Naturist go where most other Christians believe are no "Church going" people and witness to them?

I wonder....

http://www.cmausa.org/

Respectfully submitted

--Eric
eric731
Permanent Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Eric,

This is an EXCELLENT post and point. I am hoping that those of us that are clothes-free in Christ can organize precisely for the reason of evangelizing to the un-Churched naturist/nudist.

I think that as a group, we are still in our infancy, but that a time may come in the not too distant future when we will have a known presence at such conventions and at other naturist venues as well.

Let's discuss how this can happen.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:51 pm

Eric,

I am not sure what you are looking for but this may be a start.

http://www.cnvillage.org/cnc/index.htm
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:41 am

A professional is one whose life revolves around what they are good at doing and generally make a living at it, (1) A professional singer (2) A professional actor/actress (3) A professional in whatever occupation they fill. I would think that a professional nudist would be one who lives nude all the time, and I come as close to that as anyone since I live in a nudist resort. Unfortunately, I do have to wear clothes occasionally. :( I would like to live in a resort that has its own chapel services and grocery store. Then I would have no reason to put on clothes and leave the resort. I wouldn't even need a car. I could sell mine and just rent one during the rare times I might need one for a trip, or call a taxi for my trips to the doctor. :mrgreen:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:39 am

Jon-Marc,

While I was reading your post, I came across a rather interesting play on words relating to the title of the strip and as a rebuttal to your comments.

"Professional Organization" could also be contrued as "Profession-al Organization", as in "We shall profess the Word of God to a fallen world."

So wouldn't it be appropriate to call such an organization "Christian Naturists Profession-al Organization" :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Strandloper » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi, folks –
yes, the CMA is well known here in South Africa, too. A respected member of my church belonged to it.
There is an annual nationwide bikers’ get-together called the Buffalo Rally. For the week that the rally is on, the host city is full of bikers in leathers. (The host city is moved from time to time, but the city where I live has hosted it several times.)
The CMA always takes part, and although you will inevitably find that the newspapers carry pictures of drunk motorcyclists and people wearing as little as possible (for the wrong reasons), the CMA’s mission work goes on.
Because these people are bikers themselves, bikers can relate to them.

It would be a very good thing for a similar movement to start among naturists.
I just have one question: what do you think would be the best naturist equivalent of the CMA leather jacket with the logo on the back?
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Well, since we probably would not want to wear leathers, or anything for that matter, how about a simple baseball cap with a logo... and nothing else.

Borrowing from the British Naturism website, on the back we could have...

Christian Naturism... Nothing's Better
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:17 am

Nice Hat!
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby boondon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Quietly sending out the message of Jesus Christ is exactly what we should be doing every time we are around anybody including naturists. I say quietly because sometimes I think the many ways of evangelizing cause too much noise. People who carry signs to using bullhorns in the midst of large crowds seem to bring more ridicule than good for the cause of Christ. I have been long convinced that being quiet in living your life for Him demonstrates to others that you are somewhat different because you are reflecting Jesus Christ. I think it makes you more credible in witnessing for Him rather than forcing it down people's throats. There is a verse in I Peter 3:1, 2 that tells wives that they can win their husbands to the LORD by LIVING rather than their nagging. I think that that principle can be applied to us as we carry on our daily lives regardless of where we happen to be. I learned this as "Friendship Evangelism" from years ago. Every thing has its place, I suppose.
Don
God has created you naked and called you "Very Good!"
boondon
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Most people are not going to be won to the Lord by telling them they're going to hell, but by living Jesus Christ in our daily lives. If they don't see Him in us then why would they want Him?
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Strandloper » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Dead right, Jon-Marc.

Nathan – yes, headgear would be a first-class way of carrying the logo where people can see it.
For myself, I don’t like baseball caps (South African baseballers are few and far between), but the logo can be stitched on other kinds of headgear.
There are those woollen caps that surfers wear, which they call beanies (at least our surfers use that term, although I am familiar with an altogether different kind of hat being called a beanie in the US).
But then I wear my “beanie” in winter, to keep my head warm, when clothing is also needed for warming purposes.
The logo could also be stitched on a beret, or on a Scottish bonnet.
It might be going a little far to suggest putting it on a keffiyeh, a turban or a yarmulka, but hats and shoes are items that most naturists wear at some point.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Marketing for God

Postby eric731 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Boondon,

1. Are you saying that CMA does more hurt than help? Are you saying that anyone that shouts for the Lord; Stephen, Peter, Paul, D.L. Moody, James Dobson, and/or Billy Graham does more hurt than help?

2. In my world, Evangelism = a fancy religious word for Marketing. There are many ways to market a product just like there are many ways to evangelize a lost soul. Just because you feel more comfortable doing one on one sales versus mass marketing does not mean that another person is more comfortable with mass marketing, instead of one on one sales. Remember, Moses. Moses wanted to do one on one sales, but God wanted him to do mass marketing. Moses weaseled out of it by getting his brother to do the talking, but still, God can work in mass marketing just as much as one on one sales.

3. Believing that one way of marketing is better than another seems to be a little like saying the hand is better than the foot. For certain people and certain jobs, the hand is best. But for other situations, the foot is best. Let us play our positions for the Lord and enjoy everyone's different callings.

4. This forum was established under the struggling with nudism topic. I chose that topic, because I was struggling with the idea of a "Christian Naturist". What does that title mean? Does it just classify me? Or does that mean I am supposed to be or do something? If that means that God approves of my nudity, alone or with others, than why did God choose me to be enlightened with this knowledge, when so many of Christiandom is not "enlightened". I am wondering if God grants us this "gift" to use for His glory. But are you stating we should just sit and enjoy our "enlightenment" and hope someone else sees that we were called to this lifestyle by a "higher power". How will they know unless we tell them? Even Mother Teresa decided to break out of her "normal lifestyle" and go where the hurt is and help in any way she could.

5. God gave us a Great Mission. "Go". That is an active verb. If we get comfortable in our routines, than we are wrong. People suffer when we are not active in filling God's role for our life.

6. Organization is not a bad thing. It can give humans encouragement when they are fighting the good fight. The first step of creating a "Christian Naturist Assocation" is to decide what the mission will be. Boondon, you are suggesting that our mission should be to live our lives like Christ and use our example to influence Gospel to others. But I heard somewhere that if you are good soldier, your mission must reflect your higher's mission. In that case, we must use an active verb in our mission, like "Go" or "Seek out", instead of just to "Live" or "Be". I can live by sitting too. And I don't think God's intention was for us to sit. Secondly, humans are never a good example of God, because we have all sinned. We should show them God by showing them His Word, not our imperfect lives.

7. Every Christian's goal is to mimic Christ in his Perfection. However, there must come a time in every Christian's life where they know they will not be perfect. That at times they will be a hypocrite. But they must take that risk, and hope in God that though we are weak, He will make us strong. That He will use us, in our imperfection, to inspire others to a closer walk with Him. We can not always sit around perfecting ourselves, waiting for the moment where we think "we got it", so we can be used by Christ. When you hear the calling, you must "Go" and He will direct your path as you are moving in a direction.

8. I submit to you that a Christian Naturist should be a missionary led by God to reach the Naturist community for Him in whatever marketing method God chooses for you. The goal of a Christian Naturist should not be to turn the hearts and minds of the "Church" to accepting Naturism, but rather to turning the hearts and minds of the lost to God.

Respectfully submitted,

-Eric
eric731
Permanent Resident

Postby bullet » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:26 pm

At the risk of "sticking my nose in", I must say Eric, you sure read a lot into Don's post. He never mentioned CMA, or any other organization at all. My interpretation of his post is that we should be befriending our neighbors, our co-workers, the cashier at the local grocery store, and others we are in contact with, and allow them to see Christ in us, on a personal note, and help them realize that we have something VERY special. By doing that, we can allow them to see that God is a good and powerful God, who can change lives. I don't know much about CMA, so I can't speak for their techniques of spreading the Gospel, but, as Don said, there are groups who try to "force" God on people by condemning them and parading around with banners and flags, in what can seem a "holier than thou" manner, which often turns people off rather than turning them on to the power of our Lord and Savior.

There is room in the body for all, and we all have different techniques to let others know what we have found through Christ, but whatever technique we use, we should ALWAYS ensure it brings God glory, rather than ridicule for His people. I think that's something we can all agree on.
bullet

Apologies to Don

Postby eric731 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:47 pm

My apologies to Don for misinterpretating his comments.

Respectfully submitted,

-Eric
eric731
Permanent Resident

FCA

Postby eric731 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:00 pm

To beat a dead horse...

Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

http://www.fca.org

The FCA Mission
To present to athletes and coaches and all whom they influence the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church.

This is an organization that is filled with "Christian Athletes". In addition, their mission is to "Go".

Respectfully submitted,

-Eric[/url]
eric731
Permanent Resident

Next

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism