nudism and drinking

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

nudism and drinking

Postby nuzoegirl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:11 am

Why is it that the nudists at the resort near my house(the only one closest) has excessive drinking? My husband and I went to an activity that was nothing more than a drunk fest and male bashing. we stopped our membership there, and now are thinking about returning. We went back to visit and saw they did make changes to the activity that ended my husband's conversation over to the natural way of life. But because his mind is so strong, it can not release the images planted there and the sour taste in his mouth. We both agreed that if we become members again the drinking activities will be omitted for our attendance. :?
Secondly, where in the world did you get those pics, Dessert! I wish we Virginians can do those activities, we'd get arrested for indecent exposure.
Sorry for venting to much.
elise
nuzoegirl
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am

Fortunately, nuzoegirl, not all nudist groups are like the one near you. Here in Denver, the one I'm in will occasionally allow moderate drinking at some of their gatherings, but I have never seen the kind of drunken behavior you describe.

What's that club's name, so we can avoid it in the future?
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:01 am

I've also noticed that smoking seems to be a popular thing among nudists who claim that being a nudist is good for their health. The one thing I didn't like about Serendipity park in Cleveland, GA was the foul, putrid stench of tobacco that was constantly present in the clubhouse. I've been driven away from the swimming pool here because of that same stanch. Even outdoors the stench is too much for me, because it will always find the non-smoker. Having NEVER smoked I'm particularly sensitive to it.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:02 am

nuzoegirl,

I think what you had encountered was a bit of "cluber" attitude, which is a carry over from textile "cluber" attitude. For some reason, many people think that the only way they can socialize in a group is to have mass quantities of alcohol present and consumed. That is sad because it shows how little social skill we really have when we have to get drunk to loosen our tongues in order to have a conversation. They feel that they must do this in order to entertain and be entertained. We prefer playing cards, board games or physical activities such as horseshoes, volleyball etc. Actually, we are not part of a club because it requires planning and driving somewhere else. With three teenagers at home, our schedule is too busy to be bothered with all that extra burden. Plus, we are more home-bodies, enjoying the peace and solitude of our home garden. We don't want to "think" about being naked. We just want to BE naked... the moment it is appropriate.

If you still feel the need to be a member of a "club", you might consider some of the unlanded clubs that meet at people's homes.

Also, AANR has fairly strict guidlines for it's associated clubs. There are at least four AANR affiliated clubs in Virgina you might check into. Here is a link to the AANR-VA site...

http://www.aanr.com/stateclubs/aanr-va.html

I've heard several positive reports about White Tail Resort if you happen to be anywhere near them.

You may want to check for AANR resorts in neighboring states such as West Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.

http://www.aanr.com/regions_clubs_clubs.html (click on the state)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

hello

Postby nuzoegirl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah we were members of WTR when this incident occured. And we real like the people, they just forgot about the policy they have instilled to protect people like my husband who is still in the newby stage. how do you start a club if you don't any one around you??
elise
nuzoegirl
Permanent Resident

Re: hello

Postby natman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:04 pm

nuzoegirl wrote:how do you start a club if you don't any one around you??

Probably in the same manner that you would start any other club or association, by finding others in the area that are of like mind. Probably the best way to do that for a naturist group is to mention your intentions in any number of forums dedicated to the practice of nudism or naturism, or by creating a special interest group in Yahoo or one of the other social communications websites like MySpace or FaceBook. (I'm not sure that posting a bulletin at your local grocery or college campus would go over very well, but then, you never know). You need to make your intentions thoroughly understood so that you do not draw the "wrong" kind of people.

I think you would be VERY surprised how many people living directly around you are comfortable with the idea of simple, non-sexual, social nudity.

Here's an example of a Yahoo group established for people that live in Tennesee...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tn_naturist

Here is a link to a neautiful young woman who did exactly that...
http://cheef.com/melissastarr/

And the Yahoo group she established...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhillyNu/?yguid=125717228

That would create a non-landed group (I wouldn't refer to it as a "club" for the reasons I mentioned above). If at some time your group gets big enough, or if one of your members has some land they would like to dedicate to group use, only then would you consider moving it into a landed-group.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism