How many of your church friends know you are a nudist

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How many of your christian friends know you are a nudist

Just me
13%
My wife
29%
My immediate family
29%
My closest Christian friends (eg 4 people)
26%
My small group (eg Bible study group)
No votes
My Pastor
3%

Total votes : 31

Postby baldguyseattle » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:39 pm

natman wrote:
baldguyseattle wrote:I will admit that there are circumstances that would make me give it up. One is if I found a good Christian wife who is not into it. Also if God somehow increased my influence in my local Christian community to the point where my name and face became know outside of my local church.

I can understand setting aside practicing naturism if you married a woman who was not into it. That brings up a good question. We are told not to be unequally yoked. If naturism is an important part of your life not, and you believe that it is a freedom you have in Christ, why would you marry a woman who would not be involved in that part of your life? It would most likely produce friction down the road.

Also, if you truely believe that there is nothing wrong with simple nudity, why would you be concerned about it if your name and face became known outside your local church?

In terms of the marriage scenario, I would value the marriage relationship with a Godly woman as I am lonely and would like to get my sexual needs met in a Godly way. I do know that marriage is NOT all about me and getting my needs met too. So I would sacrifice naturism. As much as I like naturism, I would like that covenant relationship.

Also I am on the worship team at my church and am involved in media. If the Lord launched me into a ministry that was a high profile ministry, I would sacrifice naturism to prevent any problems with the ministry. I know that that is a long shot but I won't put God in a box.
baldguyseattle
Permanent Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:54 am

Larryk1052 wrote:Well my wife and daughter are the only ones so far; but, one of my churches associate pastors and his teenage daughter almost found out.

I was out on my 52 acres and I let him hunt out there. Well I was standing next to my van behind the open drivers side door when he pulls up. I was totally naked. well I didn't panic I just casually grabed by pants and put them on, then my shirt. I told him I like to change out of my work clothes when I go hiking in the woods. I could of just as easily been out in the open, totally exposed, because just 5 minutes before I was.

Well I have asked the Lord to protect my privacy and to only let those who would not be offend catch me naked. So far no one has caught me.

I do hope to be able to share my love of nudity someday with others.

That is one area that, this time of year, I'd be careful... Somebody with a gun may just think that since you are not in camo and you moved, you must be game...
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 am

baldguyseattle wrote:In terms of the marriage scenario, I would value the marriage relationship with a Godly woman as I am lonely and would like to get my sexual needs met in a Godly way. I do know that marriage is NOT all about me and getting my needs met too. So I would sacrifice naturism. As much as I like naturism, I would like that covenant relationship.

Also I am on the worship team at my church and am involved in media. If the Lord launched me into a ministry that was a high profile ministry, I would sacrifice naturism to prevent any problems with the ministry. I know that that is a long shot but I won't put God in a box.

I was just checking. Good answer. :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Fireman2455 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:55 am

Actually I told my pastor a week or 2 ago that we were naturists. We were talking about some "problems" in the church and he brought up "suppose someone said that someone in the church was nudists?" Well, of course he was curious as to why I thought that was as funny as I did. I said, well as a matter of fact.....and explained that my wife and I had been to a resort and quite enjoyed it. He was curious as to how many people are usually there and a few other questions. I think he was rather receptive... Not necissarily he would go himself, but he didn't seem too put off by the fact that we do.

Ron
Fireman2455
Permanent Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Fireman2455 wrote:Actually I told my pastor a week or 2 ago that we were naturists.
Ron

Do you suppose he already knew, and was just bringing it up o see if you would "come clean"? Kind of sounded like that...

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby Fireman2455 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:09 pm

That's a good possibility. Given the topic of the conversation, I'm surprised he could think of anything like that. (it was a rather serious conversation about our youth/associate pastor..or should I say ex) But I don't make much attempt to hide it. I'll answer anyone truthfully about it, there's something on my myspace profile about it I think, and there's infor about it on our Flickr profile. So somebody could have mentioned it to him. Since coming clean, he doesn't talk any different or treat us any different, so it must not be a problem for him.

Ron
Fireman2455
Permanent Resident

Postby natman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 am

Fireman2455 wrote:Since coming clean, he doesn't talk any different or treat us any different, so it must not be a problem for him.

Ron

Perhaps he is researching it in the mean time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby SteveNTL » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Fireman2455 wrote: Since coming clean, he doesn't talk any different or treat us any different, so it must not be a problem for him.

Ron

I'm glad for that. My experience with my pastors at two different churches is that telling of my naturism did not make a difference in their behavior or attitudes toward me, either.

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Re: How many of your church friends know you are a nudist

Postby KalosSoma » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I chose "only my spouse and I," but we now have a couple at church with whom we have become close friends that, if I were to be comfortable sharing my naturism with any Christian friend(s), it would be them. We are "on the same page" about a lot of things, not just faith-related. (I might ask for prayers that there might be an opportunity to share with them someday; I think once the ice was broken, it would be easier to let other close friends know.)
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism