struggling, but then a reason to go on

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: struggling, but then a reason to go on

Postby jude700 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Just got off the phone with my oldest son calling about my facebook avatar being offensive. Seems several have talked with him about it, one person defriended me, but failed to talk any further. If people have problems they should confront the person to assure the facts are correct. Seems that my avatar needs to be changed because some refuse to look further than they want to see. Enough now.

Karol Józef Wojtyła (John Paul II) wrote a book on the theology of the body. A 10-CD audio set was created as a crash course on the theology of the body. Benedict IV has had a few presentations also on the theology of the body. We do takl about Augustine's avarsion to the body, perhaps we sould be better if we knew some of the reasoning behind Augustine's thoughts and reasoning. Augustine put off becoming a Christian with the response, "Later, Lord, not now." Perhaps many of us are still saying, "Later, Lord, not now."

We struggle, but we say "Lord, IF You can do it, it will be done." This gives us faith of less than a mustard seed. IF is a short word but has many meanings.

Will now go to remove my avatar.
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Is your fb avatar the same as the one here?

How could that be offensive?

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:01 pm

nuudman wrote:Is your fb avatar the same as the one here?

How could that be offensive?

It was different and has now been removed. At one time it was the same as on CN. Some will be offended by anything they fail to take the time to talk about or try to understand.:argh:

What is remarkable is that there are still 60 who have corresponded with me from fb. My profile was edited. :duh:

Am moving on. Be with me Lord. You always are! :cross:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Fools rush to judgment...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby KalosSoma » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 am

Ramblinman wrote:...Moore could teach women the principles of body acceptance and the goodness of nudity.(for all I know, she already does teach these things).

She's probably teaching them without even realizing it. The irony (and this circles back to something I said earlier, that was closer to the subject of the thread) is that really good Bible teaching expresses many of the same truths that are "foundational" to naturism -- freedom, acceptance, assurance, etc. Maybe we should pray for the day when one of those great teachers finally makes that connection between liberty in Christ and liberty in the body.
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism