Nudity becoming Ho-Hum???

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nudity becoming Ho-Hum???

Postby natman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I have been on these forums and some others for about 11 years. I have seen thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of images of people enjoying the simple pleasures of being nude in everyday situations and continue to enjoy being nude in and around our home on a daily basis.

I have LOVED being nude almost my entire life and when I first discovered the Biblical truth about nudity, I was on fire to read more and to expand my horizons, to talk about how freeing it is to doff my clothes whenever possible. The process helped me dig deeper into the Word of God than I ever have before, not just about nudity, but about all manner of subjects.

Lately, it appears that I am experiencing a "ho-hum" attitude about nudity. It has become so much a part of my life that I barely think about it (no pun intended), unless I am forced to be clothed for too long a period of time, which makes me irritable. I see a photo of a nude person and think, "there is a person" rather than, "there is a nude person". I see that as a positive, but I also wonder if I am losing my fire to evangelize about the goodness of nudity in general.

Is or has anybody else experienced this?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Nudity becoming Ho-Hum???

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:15 pm

All aspects about our physical life get old and boring. It's part of being human. Nothing about our physical life is meant to completely satisfy us. Even spiritual things can be affected in this way because we experience everything through our mortal physical existance. We just naturally get tired of things. I, too, have experienced some disinterest in forums. As for nudity I havn't felt any ho-hum feelings as of yet. But, I don't get the same level of opportunity to be nude. Perhaps you should stay clothed when you would normally be nude. Do this for a month or so and you should be back to normal.:)
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby NakedMan57 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 pm

I am proof about what Larry stated. Keep your clothes on for awhile and you will get anxious to doff the cloth. We have been staying in a small apartment on 20 acres, with our son, and nudity is not an option whenever he is around. I try to get nude anytime I can. My wife just stays dressed most of the time. We haven't been to the resort in 4 months. Didn't make it to any nude beaches, this summer. Had to miss the Bare Buns Fun Run after getting attacked by a Pit Bull Dog 2 days before the run. I am just going stir crazy!!!! :argh:
I guess I am venting. :hairy:
I don't believe that I am losing the fire as I am always brainstorming how to "evangelize" nudity. I have a strong desire to tell people about nudism and that it IS ok for Christians, too. I also want to get more people involved with our resort so that some much needed
repairs and improvements can be made.

Anyway, Natman, hope you find your way out of the doldrums.

:mrgreen:
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Postby Johannes_1965 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Larryk1052 wrote:All aspects about our physical life get old and boring. It's part of being human. Nothing about our physical life is meant to completely satisfy us...

Amen.
I hope we won't lose the taste of prayer, the love of God the fire to evangelize about the death and resurrection of Christ!
Johannes
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit..."
(John 15,5)
Johannes_1965
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Johannes_1965 wrote:
Larryk1052 wrote:All aspects about our physical life get old and boring. It's part of being human. Nothing about our physical life is meant to completely satisfy us...

Amen.
I hope we won't lose the taste of prayer, the love of God the fire to evangelize about the death and resurrection of Christ!
Johannes

Well I think even spirtual life is affected by our physical limitations. That's why we need revival from time to time.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Johannes_1965 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Larryk1052 wrote:...Well I think even spirtual life is affected by our physical limitations. That's why we need revival from time to time.

IMHO spiritual life is rather affected by lack of spiritual means to maintain it (meditating the Word of God, prayer with the heart, sacraments). Even when I'm physically ruined, which happens to me from time to time, I can always pray and search the presence of the Lord. Otherwise He would not recommend always to pray and not to give up (Luk 18,1). So there may be a daily revival according to 2 Cor 4,16.
I'm going now for an annual spiritual retreat of a week without internet. My absence won't be "ho-hum" about nudity or the forum.
Johannes :angel1:
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit..."
(John 15,5)
Johannes_1965
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

This is a normal thing. As in a marriage, or in our journey with God, things are amazing, fiery and exciting at the beginning; but as we go on, while the outer fire dies, the coals at its heart keep burning.

And I don't think we can gauge our commitment to Christian naturism by how often we post here or on similar forums. We may not talk about it, but we still do it; I doubt many of us have stopped going nude in our homes or attending hot springs, beaches or other naturist events.

Natman, I suspect the true measure of your ongoing commitment to nudity, social or otherwise, is your discomfort and irritability when clothed. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism