Some thoughts...

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Some thoughts...

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 am

jochanaan wrote:The "fisher's coat" that Peter threw on before swimming (or wading?) to shore appears to have been an upper-body garment. I've heard it described as more a tool belt than a concealing garment. Certainly it wouldn't have covered much. :)

I have seen it translated as "fisherman's cape" and that makes more sense to me.
Protection of upper back and shoulders from sunburn, and maybe a bit of wind protection on chilly mornings.
If it is leather and treated with lanolin, quite water repellent too.
But hiding nothing.

The concept of girding your clothing to take ashore makes sense too. If Peter thought there was a chance of planning meetings in town later that day, then it makes sense to bind up your clothing like a ruck sack on your back, swim ashore, spread them to dry in the sun or near a fire while you dry off, have breakfast with Jesus and then dress for a trip to town and possible meetings.

A friend of mine from Europe told me that he and many friends used to undress at river crossings, bundle their clothes or even bag them, hold them high and arrive on the other shore with a quickly-drying nude body and totally dry clothes to change back into. This was in northern Sweden where clothing was often necessary for warmth even in summer.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Re: Some thoughts...

Postby Bobby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am

Thank you, Jochanaan, Natman, Ramblinman and JimShedd, for your comments. I am taking them into consideration.

Bobby
Bobby
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism