"Diary of a Teenage Nudist"

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

"Diary of a Teenage Nudist"

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xspsGnfWUIY

Kiltedhiker mentioned this movie in another strip. I haven't watched the whole thing, but I watched at least the first half and the end. I think it addressed a very good and important issue: What about the pedophiles and voyeurs?

Many of the nudist adults in the movie seemed to take the position that "dodgy" people are out there, you keep your eyes open, and deal with them if/when they show up. The young woman narrating the movie seemed to think this was too laissez-faire.

I thought the video was pretty well done overall.

And I see the video has been around since at least 2005, so I'm rather late to the party commenting on it. It was made by BBC Channel 4.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Re: "Diary of a Teenage Nudist"

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:36 am

jasenj1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xspsGnfWUIY

Kiltedhiker mentioned this movie in another strip. I haven't watched the whole thing, but I watched at least the first half and the end. I think it addressed a very good and important issue: What about the pedophiles and voyeurs?

Many of the nudist adults in the movie seemed to take the position that "dodgy" people are out there, you keep your eyes open, and deal with them if/when they show up. The young woman narrating the movie seemed to think this was too laissez-faire.

I thought the video was pretty well done overall.

And I see the video has been around since at least 2005, so I'm rather late to the party commenting on it. It was made by BBC Channel 4.

Jasen, I don't know what your experience with nudist venues is, but unlike state parks, we run background checks for those who wish to gain admittance.

Our second line of defense is a much higher sense of community and vigilance than at a textile venue. That serves two purposes: discourages the hooligans from coming in the first place and catches bad behavior very quickly on the unlikely event a trouble-maker does gain admission.

It's not perfect, but you'd be far better off with us than you would at a conventional campground, city park, public beach or amusement park.

The young woman doesn't appear to be well-informed.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Jasen, I don't know what your experience with nudist venues is, but unlike state parks, we run background checks for those who wish to gain admittance.

I was a member of Lake Como Club in FL for several years and I've visited numerous resorts over the years.

*snip*
The young woman doesn't appear to be well-informed.

Agreed. For someone who grew up at a nudist resort she seems very naive. I'm guessing she lived a rather sheltered life behind the gates of the resort. She seemed to me like she needed some time outside the nest to experience life. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I think there's a lesson in her story for older more experienced naturists: Don't paint too rosy a picture of naturism. There are "dodgy" people out there. But their presence does not ruin naturism, or make its principles invalid. There are "dodgy" people everywhere in life - not too many of them, but enough to keep your eyes open.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Kiltedhiker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

jasenj1 wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:However, I think there's a lesson in her story for older more experienced naturists: Don't paint too rosy a picture of naturism. There are "dodgy" people out there. But their presence does not ruin naturism, or make its principles invalid. There are "dodgy" people everywhere in life - not too many of them, but enough to keep your eyes open.

I just read a review on Harbin Hot Springs in California, (close to my home) and I have known of the reputation they have, but this couple who reviewed them on the YNA website had not heard of the rumors. Harbin has a stated policy of "no sexual intercourse or open sexual contact in the "public areas". Seems very reasonable. "Report anyone you see breaking this rule". This couple noticed another couple in one of the hot spring pools sharing an "intimate" moment - meaning they were having intercourse in the pool. When this couple reported them, they were told that it would be looked into, but nothing was ever done. This isn't the first time for this venue - it is their reputation.

I have never been to actual Naturist Resorts (yet) but I realize they do background checks. These only "check" out if the perpetrator has been caught or reported - or arrested. You can't do background checks on people's hearts and minds. It's this kind of behavior that makes it difficult for more timid people who may want to try naturism to pass it by.

My only reason for bringing this topic up was all the forums I have read, the books I have read, the people I have talked to have all painted this rosy picture of naturism - and if it is a true cross section of society, you have to be more pragmatic and realize that you have to take the good with the bad. Know there are bad people out there, and some evil ones too, and have your guard up just as you would while walking Main Street at Disneyland.
Kiltedhiker
Native Resident

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism