The single divide

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The single divide

Postby Bobby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 am

Why are nudist resorts and unlanded clubs biased towards single (males)? Do you think it's fair? Doesn't this bias go against the "bro code"?

What do nudist clubs mean they say "No singles allowed"? Do they only allow entrance to male-female couples (married and/or unmarried)? Or would they allow two male or two female (non-homosexual) friends to enter in?
Bobby
Native Resident

Re: The single divide

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 am

1. I would suggest investigating this on a general naturism forum such as http://clothesfreeforum.com or at one of the major organizations' websites - like aanr.com. It is a frequent topic of discussion and there is lots of accumulated knowledge.

2. Single males have a reputation/track record of visiting nudist places to "check out the ladies" and "hook up". In an effort to reduce problems with ill-behaved men, some resorts ban single men outright.

3. As we've seen on this board, men tend to be more open to naturism. This can lead to a large gender imbalance which tends to make women uncomfortable. In order to promote a "family" environment, resorts limit the number of single males.

As for what qualifies as a couple, I'm sure the policy varies from place to place.

Personally, I was most active in naturism when I was a single male. I visited numerous resorts and was a member at one for a few years. I never had any problems. I was an AANR member which helps show one is a serious nudist and not just a horny guy. I suspect some people were keeping a close eye on me to make sure I behaved myself, but I did, so no problems.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Not all clubs, resorts, etc., have such policies. I was blessed to find one in Denver that accepted all regardless of marital status. (Sadly, that one folded a while ago.) And some of the hot springs and less "formal" nude places have inclusive policies.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:18 am

Honestly Bobby, I believe a lot of it's due to simple economics, trying to attract women so more will come, along with males, which usually mean a "couples only" policy. unfortunately, even among nudists there's suspicion about what newcomers' (particularly single men) motivations are.

Without females there are sure to be less males attracted to the venue.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 am

At four of the five resorts I visited after my first wife's death there was no problem. The fifth was only willing to let me in if I brought along a copy of my wife's death certificate, and they are an ANNR affiliated resort too. One other place I wanted to go had a couple and women only policy.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:30 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:The fifth was only willing to let me in if I brought along a copy of my wife's death certificate...

Really, wow!
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism