Nudity obsession

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby nytro » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:13 pm

Neal wrote:Have you prayerfully considered whether or not this might be some sort of leading or guiding that God is giving you?

Believe it or not, I have given that some thought, but my only issue with it is, my wife should also have the same calling. It just wouldn't look right to have a "single married" guy going to a nudist location alone. Unsaved nudists wouldn't take me very seriously, and would questions my intentions of being there, and that is only if I would be allowed in as a single guy. I know that God works in mysterious ways, but it just seems like this isn't the direction he's leading me...yet.

Rob
nytro
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:03 pm

nytro wrote:...my only issue with it is, my wife should also have the same calling...

"Yet" may be the operative word. And perhaps--I'm just wondering; don't take this as a word from God--perhaps He is calling your wife but she has not yet understood or responded...
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nytro » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 pm

jochanaan wrote:perhaps He is calling your wife but she has not yet understood or responded...

I have considered that also, but what missions agency would send missionaries to nudist resorts? LOL!
nytro
Native Resident

Postby Neal » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm

nytro wrote:
I know that God works in mysterious ways, but it just seems like this isn't the direction he's leading me...yet.

Rob,

I completely respect your viewpoint on that.

In my own situation, I’ve sensed a leading that I’m to be directly involved in leading my wife to a viewpoint of the body that aligns with how God views our body. As you can well imagine, I’m in frequent prayer over this.

Neal
Neal
Native Resident

Postby Alfie » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:37 pm

nytro wrote:
jochanaan wrote:perhaps He is calling your wife but she has not yet understood or responded...

I have considered that also, but what missions agency would send missionaries to nudist resorts? LOL!

At the risk of taking that joke too serioulsy... we all are supposed to have ministries within our own sphere of influence. God has equipped of the saints for a role within the body. We don't need a mission agency to send us to anywhere in order to use our ministry gift.
If evangelism was one's gift you wouldn't need an agency to put you on a street corner to preach on a saturday night, or to witness to your mates at work.
(Oh I HAVE taken the joke too seriously and stated the obvious!! :oops: )
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Neal wrote:In my own situation, I’ve sensed a leading that I’m to be directly involved in leading my wife to a viewpoint of the body that aligns with how God views our body.

It think that is the purpose for this site and our involvment in it, not just for our wives, but for the freeing of others from the bondage of clothing and sexual obsessions that undermine a right relationship with God.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bnlrndcplmd » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:48 am

In any life style change there is and obsessive stage. The learning and determining if it is right for you. Once that lifestyle becomes part of your life, often the obsessive behavior dwindles.
BILL
II COR 5:7
bnlrndcplmd
Native Resident

Postby bnlrndcplmd » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:39 am

I don't often like to use the term lifestyle in referring to naturism because so many equate it to worldly or evil things. But in it's true definition it purely means changing the way we live or pattern our lives and for many overcoming the influence of textile/worldly teaching/influence; is a significant change to the way they live their life. If this is offensive, I apologize, I am not here to offend anyone only for fellowship.
BILL
II COR 5:7
bnlrndcplmd
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:15 pm

bnlrndcplmd wrote:...If this is offensive, I apologize, I am not here to offend anyone only for fellowship.

Well, I'm not offended. In fact, I agree with you that lifestyle is the best available word despite its having been co-opted by groups that have nothing to do with Christianity or naturism. 8) And hey, if they took it, we can take it back! Now if we could just rescue the word gay from their clutches... :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:43 am

I sttruggle with the word lifestyle also, because it implies so much more than a single issue, i.e., being free of clothes. There is the gay lifestyle, and the addictive lifestyle, and the Christian lifestyle, and the hippie lifestyle, etc. etc., also of which impliy much more than taking drugs, or being gay, or beliving in Jesus, or wearing hippie clothes. Aside from not wearing clothes when I don't have to, nothing else in my life has changed from before. That's not enough for me to call it a "lifestyle."
LivingFree

Postby Jon-Marc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:59 am

To me the word "Lifestyle" simply means the way one lives, Like the "Lifestyles of the rich and famous". I live nude as much as possible and only wear clothes when I leave the resort. So I have no problem with this being called a lifestyle. It IS my lifestyle. We shy away from certain words because they have been used in connection to perverted ways of life, but there is nothing wrong with the word itself in my opinion.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby LivingFree » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:46 am

Jon-Marc wrote:To me the word "Lifestyle" simply means the way one lives, Like the "Lifestyles of the rich and famous". I live nude as much as possible and only wear clothes when I leave the resort. So I have no problem with this being called a lifestyle. It IS my lifestyle. We shy away from certain words because they have been used in connection to perverted ways of life, but there is nothing wrong with the word itself in my opinion.

Jon-Marc,

I can agree with you that in your case using the term lifestyle is correct. I'm not sure I'm ready to use it for myself, and it seems to me that lots of others here might also feel the same way. For me, my lifestyle is living the Christian life as a retired minister. I read the Bible and pray, I am faithful to my wife, I fellowship with other believers, I keep in contact with friends via the internet, the telephone, and mail service, do all my shopping clothed, I am more relaxed when at home, I pay my bills on time, I eat healthy food and get plenty of sleep, etc. etc. I believe I'm taking care of my body as the temple of God, and taking care of my spirit according to God's word. So I simply can't be comfortable saying my lifestyle is nudist. That implies some things that are not true for me.
LivingFree

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:17 am

Well, LF, as I said in the so-called "documentary", God's Nudists, (personally I don't like that title) I am a Christian first and foremost and a naturist second. I am at Church Sunday morning and evening and Wednesday evening, and I sing in the choir. I don't spend all of my time nude at the resort. However, I do think of it as a lifestyle for me since I prefer to be nude and am nude all the time at home. I consider the entire resort as my home and not just the RV in which I live.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 pm

LF, I don't suppose that those engaging in the homosexual lifestyle do it 24/7, either. :) If nothing else, our bodies just wouldn't "hold up." :shock: :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:28 am

jochanaan wrote:LF, I don't suppose that those engaging in the homosexual lifestyle do it 24/7, either. :) If nothing else, our bodies just wouldn't "hold up." :shock: :lol:

Of course not. But how they regard other men, and women also, is different from how a "straight" person would do so. I can see where those who participate in nudist activities with other nudists could more easily use the term "lifestyle;" I'm just not sure a closet nudist or a family / household only nudist could use the term, at least not in the same way. As you can tell, I am somewhat strugglng with this concept.
LivingFree

PreviousNext

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism