Nudity obsession

Are there any other issues that bother you about nudism / naturism not covered above? How can it be Christian? Other? Any question is acceptable, just keep the conversation courteous and respectful.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby jochanaan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Well, LF, don't we regard other people differently, at least their bodies? Non-nudists tend to think of a naked person as either ready for sex or psychologically deficient; we see them as eminently normal. They associate nakedness with sex; we, with comfort and acceptance. That seems like a big enough difference in outlook to merit the term lifestyle.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:38 am

jochanaan wrote:Non-nudists tend to think of a naked person as either ready for sex or psychologically deficient;

I'm sure that's true of many people. I don't think it was ever true for me. I think, even before I began the nudist journey, that I just regarded the nude body as beautiful and portraying the creative genius of God. I admit I was programmed to think "arousal," which sometimes would occur to some extent, but not always. To the extent that my own outlook on life has changed, I would have to agree with you that my style of viewing others has changed. I'll have to think about that some more. Thanks.
LivingFree

Postby Desert Hiker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:40 am

Well, I don't like th e term 'lifestyle' either--and I would have to say that we definately DO live a naturist lifestyle, in every definition of the word--none the less, I despise the word for its negative connotations. :?

I prefer the term; way of life--which is just the same thing said more deliberately, but I like it better. :|
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:20 pm

Well, it appears I'm outvoted. That's all right; it's happened before. 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 pm

Desert Hiker wrote:I prefer the term; way of life--which is just the same thing said more deliberately, but I like it better. :|

Me too!

Besides, the earliest Christian movement was called "The Way". :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby LivingFree » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 am

:biggrin:
LivingFree

Postby arom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:47 pm

My wife has said she is worried my desire to become nude could become an obsesion (and it could like drinking, eating, etc), but as of now I relish in my freedom.

I just like the freedom to be who I am without any outside pressure to be someone else. God made me naked -- I was not born with clothes on -- and I simply enjoy being naked and now this new fellowship with other Christian Naturists.

This was/is a good thread. I am glad I have read it and know I am not alone.
arom
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:45 am

I don't mind admitting that I AM obsessed with being nude. I HATE wearing clothes. They serve no useful purpose when it's too warm to wear them.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Josh » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 am

I think I struggle as well at times with an obsession with nudity. I think it may come sometimes from having a very repressed, overly modest, background with regards to nudity. Then when you discover it for your self it is sort of exciting the "free"sensation. I don't struggle with a lust problem or wanting to look really, rather with me it's just the opposite. I like the freedom of being naked and at times have almost really liked to "be seen" naked. When I first started posting personal pics on naturist sites, I really enjoyed the fact that people were seeing me, and seeing all of me, seeing me for who i really am. I think there is an "acceptance" factor that is very affirming. Getting nice, non-sexual comments on these sites like "hey, you look great" or "looks like you enjoy being naked" or even compliments from nice people is very upbuilding especially when you had a poor body-image like I had before. Some comments on some of those sites can be disturbing however, because there are many individuals that like to write very dirty, suggestive comments about sexual activity, etc. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have found just posting full nude pics of myself on public forums like this one is sort of a freeing experience, like declaring here is the real me, with all my flaws, and I don't really care who sees me naked. I'm just one of the guys like anybody else.
Josh
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Well, as I've said, it's just as valid to say they're obsessed with clothes. ;)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nudjohn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:42 pm

or are they just afraid of skin?
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Probably both!!! :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby arom » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:14 am

Oh heck obsession or not - I LIKE TO BE NUDE!

Slap the label of Christian Naturist on me - 'cause I am happy!

In His Service
arom
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:24 pm

I have to say (Well, I don't HAVE to :lol: ) that since nudity is natural and clothes aren't, the obsessed ones are those who insist on wearing clothes when it's totally unnecessary. We are just simply doing what comes naturally.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Paul Walker » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:12 pm

The textile impaired really scare me.

True story- One family that frequents Laguna Del Sol has a dog that barks at people wearing clothes, but is friendly to those who are nude! Hilarious!!! The teens at Laguna all wear clothes (lots of them too) and the dog goes absolutely nuts. Sometimes, adults go clothed as well, even when there are triple digit temps, and the dog goes crazy at them too.

Which brings up this subject- I don't know why Laguna is starting to allow this, but it is really nerve racking. My wife isn't happy about going there anymore, and it is also the reason we chose to drop our Gold member status. We once were about to purchase a park model there for a weekend home, but decided against it when people were starting to wear clothes all day and were allowed to parade around with incredible amounts of body peircings and genitile jewelry.

The textiles have ruined the whole experience at LDS for us, but we still go once in a while during the week and the occasional weekend to hook up with friends there. We try our best to ignore the less pure people there these days. Our kid is even beginning to notice... It's difficult to explain to a 9 year old why some would put piercings in places like that or why someone would want to wear a large gold ring around that, etc. Even he knows it is wrong!
Member of Laguna Del Sol
Paul Walker
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Struggling with nudism / naturism