What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby webmeister » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Look into those if you want serious target practice with real accuracy and the occasional bunny that cannot otherwise be deterred from raiding your garden.

If that's the case they could end up in a stew...:)
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 am

webmeister wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:Look into those if you want serious target practice with real accuracy and the occasional bunny that cannot otherwise be deterred from raiding your garden.

If that's the case they could end up in a stew...:)

Well I suppose waste not want not and I suppose the purpose of a garden is to produce food. I, however would prefer venison and those deer really do like my sweet potato vines, they will mow the whole crop in a night if I gave them a chance. It does help to pee all around the garden, and if I lay mesh type fence wire over the tops of the vines, the deer keep out for fear of tangling their feet and legs. And I don't have to stay up at night lying in wait.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Most days the only thing I do textile is:
greet people at the door, or
go shopping, or
mow (I do not want ground up poison ivy chips blowing back on me.)

But today I
-- watered a few things.
-- Used the propane weed burning torch to kill weeds
-- hoed weeds in the garden
-- hauled and spread 360 gallons of rotted wood chip mulch on the garden
-- watched a dvd with my wife while we ate lunch (yes she is a reluctant spouse :bigcry: ...... but a very supportive one :fantastic: )
-- and I will probably will do more,
-- supper is planned with a dvd movie, that will be naked.
-- probably a short walk around the garden and some areas where I have been working on the landscaping
-- Maybe a little watering.
-- read some in my favorite chair
-- fix an evening snack
-- browse a little internet
-- interspersed through all that there will be opportunities to commune in prayer and/or meditation with my creator, (just the way he made mankind)
-- then there will be sleeping.
-- Basically I just am able to live naked most days :-D :wink: :mrgreen: :like: :fantastic: :dance: :flower: :jump:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

I've been working late hours in the garage (detached) lately, with nary a worry about threads. The last few days, it's been so arid that the grass has been totally dry, affording a quiet sit down and a few minutes of meditating in God's green turf, itch-free at that. Hopefully, late night mowing is next if the grass stays dew-free. Also have been doing a little roaming in the back 40 (actually 3) in the 3/4 moonlight. It is positively refreshing.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

We have recently moved and our new place has a nice 30x60 shop building. No privacy fence yet (although I have ventured out late for skinny dipping) so nude yard work is out until then. The shop gives me freedom to work nude. I have done many hours of organizing, setting up shelves and cleaning and a couple of weeks ago I did oil changes on both my vehicles nude. I have also done tractor repairs nude as I just bought a small (14 hp) garden tractor. It is a early 70's Ariens, so maybe some of you northern folk can give me some advice on what implements will work with the PTO's or where to find a 4/1 ratio gear reduction so that it will work with standard 540 implements. Back to subject; I promise to install it nude. We have one house next to us, and one behind us. My wife already informed to lady next to us of my nudism, she didn't even bat and eye, however the neighbors behind us have not been told yet as they have children and I don't want to raise alarm bells in their heads. That conversation may wait until after the fence goes up. We are still attempting to get internet installed (many expenses with moving, as you all know) so I will continue to be hit and miss for a while longer, however once I have WiFi I should be back in full force. I really miss my interaction with you all.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am

As stated yesterday, I hoped to mow tonight. And did, 3 acres. It was so dry (no dew), yet very comfortable. Neighbor lady (widow, whose grass I cut) was away so I cut both hers and ours as natural and free as I wanted. One car went by (we're in a dead end country loop) but nothing to deal with. I also checked, and marked, a clutch of eggs laid by a resident red-eared slider (turtle) 2 days ago. Didn't want to run them over and crush them. She covered 'em up pretty good. Will try to post a pic in the next day or two of me finding them during my night time "hunt," and of her laying them. Will be watching for them to hatch in 60-80 days. Already watched a killdeer nest hatch and the chicks run all over the place. I've been protecting that one for a while. Mama wasn't real happy about me making my rounds there, day or night. The turtle was much more relaxed.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am

Yesterday I spent a bunch of time dragging garden hoses around to try to water my garden and the new bamboo grove I have planted and the areas where I dug up the bamboo to transplant into the new grove and the tilled up and seeded with grass. We have had day after day of clear sunny with high temperatures and drying wind. I have had to water the new grove once or twice a day to keep the heat from killing the bamboo while it tries to grow enough root t gather its own water from the soil. The garden has sprouted many weeds and it has taken multiple passes with the hoe to try to kill the weeds. The new layer of mulch I have spread on the bare garden soil should ease that problem. Because of that nice bamboo hedge along the roadside I have enough privacy to do that work nude and not offend my textile neighbors.

I also put up signs that say "NO MOW, NO SPRAY" because the electric co-op sent out a notice saying that they are sending out crews to perform right-of-way maintenance. They contract that work out. They claim that the crews will "bush hog" brush and then the second crew will spray with herbicides to prevent regrowth of brush. My concern is that the crews they hire (mostly Mexicans many who do not speak or read English all that well) will not understand that
-- my hedge is not brush,
-- poses no threat to the power wires, or
-- because the groves are heavily "root linked" that spraying any part of it can kill large sections of the grove. and
-- will do damage that would require years to recover.

Today we have a respite from the heat and drying winds. Last night it rained and blew and now everything is wet and the weather cooler by about 15 to 25 degrees (it is 65 now at 9:04 AM)

I may do a little more hoeing in the garden where I have not yet mulched and them maybe spread more mulch. Starting later today they are calling for more rain with an accumulation of about 1/3 of an inch through the weekend.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:29 am

Bare_Truth wrote:...I also put up signs that say "NO MOW, NO SPRAY" because the electric co-op sent out a notice saying that they are sending out crews to perform right-of-way maintenance. They contract that work out. They claim that the crews will "bush hog" brush and then the second crew will spray with herbicides to prevent regrowth of brush. My concern is that the crews they hire (mostly Mexicans many who do not speak or read English all that well) will not understand...

Might be worth a phone call to the electric co-op ( :D can be done "naturally"), or perhaps a visit to their office (would recommend clothes) to see if you can ensure your stuff doesn't get mowed or sprayed. Then again, if that portion of your property contains a utility easement (probably, if it's considered "right-of-way"), they may not respect your request in any event.

Best wishes!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 pm

All the utility companies nationwide are doing a very diligent job since Pacific Gas and Electric problems surfaced a few years ago:
1. Collecting money for tree trimming but not doing it, forced to give a refund, and then forced to pay the cost of putting out a forest fire because of the non-trimming.
2. Blow up a gas main in San Bruno, kill eight people, burn down a neighborhood, and get fined a Billion Dollars. Now they want to clear all trees within some arbitrary distance from all gas pipes, regardless of actual access needs.
3. Get ordered to make public service commercials saying how sorry they are and promise to do better.
4. The executives in charge get pay raises.

So, about your right of way issue, put them on notice that it is clear, does not need trimming, spraying will cause damage beyond their right of way line, and you will hold them responsible for any damage they cause to your plants. Get the name of the person you talked to and them send that person a follow up letter restating the phone call.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby dereklee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Yesterday, I was able to work from home so I was able to stay nude almost the entire day along with my wife who also worked from home and stayed nude for a good part of the day. So we were both typing away on our computers and taking phone calls nude. We prepared food in the kitchen nude and ate lunch. Spent a little time nude in the backyard during the afternoon enjoying the sun and breeze. We got dressed to go grocery shopping, but as soon we got home...you guessed it, I immediately got nude again before putting groceries away. Wonderful way to spend a Friday!
dereklee
Resident

Postby naturist » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:31 am

Sounds like a perfect day...even better without the work part :D
naturist
Permanent Resident

Postby jjsledge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:38 am

Reminds me of a lady whose was growing organically. The city was going to spray for mosquitoes and stated that anyone that did not want their area sprayed needed to contact them. She contacted them and on the night of the spraying she and a friend waited up for the truck to make sure they stopped spraying in her area. They did not stop. She and her friend tried to flag the truck down and got sprayed themselves.

If they agree to not cut/spray, get it in writing and wait for them to show.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism