What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:56 am

I went to my dermatologist for my annual head-to-toe inspection. He froze a few spot on on my head and face, the usual for me. The nurse gave me this paper thing to put on, one size fits all means it fits size one. My suit size is 52-Long, so I did not even bother to unfold it but just left it on the counter.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:17 pm

I have just returned from Punching My Ticket for my rather arbitrary, self-imposed, establishment of my status as a committed Naturist. It being December 1 I can officially say that I have gone for a Naked Woods Walk at least one or more days in every month of 2017 !!! :D As credentials go, I realize that is only a symbolic token, but I do it anyway. I looked at my indoor-Outdoor-recording digital thermometer and it said it was 60 and a glance out the window confirmed it was sunny and it said the temperature was 60F (15.6 C) So out the door I went, (I was already nude) It was not long before a breeze popped up and the sky clouded over, but I was soon into the woods which canceled the breeze although warm sunshine is always welcome this time of the year and I did not get any of that. I was out for about an hour walking my trails but even without the sunshine the temperature fell by only 2 degrees F or about 1 degree C which was not at all enough to deter me, so I got in something like an hour meandering through my woods. As I was coming back to the house, I crossed the dam that holds my pond, and as the leaves are extensively off and the dam parallels the road, I though it best to pause where there is a bit more brush as suddenly there was a bit of traffic on the road and I was particularly visible if I did not stay where the brush is thicker. I also took off my blaze orange hat so as not to catch the eye of anyone in the passing vehicles. I wear that hat to be visible to any deer hunters (who should not be on my property anyway based on the theory that alledged sportsman who would ignore the no trespassing indications every 70 feet around the perimeter is probably also a careless hunter who shoots at almost any movement in the woods :roll: :x .

As I continued across the dam I found my self confronted by 10 Canadians (of the goose and gander persuasion) One of them started honking a loud alarm so I hurried to get past a cedar tree so as to not disturb their enjoyment of our pond. It worked they stopped the ruckus and did not fly away. And the goose flotilla continued to grace my pond with their wakes as they paddled around while they took a break from the efforts of flight.

With the cloud cover blocking the sunshine it was a rather gray day, but reasonably pleasant none the less and I did reach my "every month at least once" arbitrary criterion to demonstrate that I am a serious naturist. I have looked at the weather and during the next week I should get at least 4 days that will be even nicer. Missouri has proven to have a suitable climate for those who like variety in the weather but not so harsh as to seriously hamper naturist activity......... and the cost of living and taxes are low. Shhhhhh don't tell lest the state become over-crowded with people who don't wear clothes. :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 pm

WOW !!! December 3rd and an even nicer day.
The high for the day hit 73F (23C)!!!
Sunny sky and light breeze to go with it. It was warm enough that as I walked through the woods I actually got just a little bit sweaty. And to top it all off, when I got back to the house, it was pleasant enough that I could engage in a "Hose Shower" to get rid of the sweat. The fact that I have an outdoor hot and cold faucet system to feed th hose made it all the easier and the light breeze even helped with the drying off.

In case you have not enjoyed one of these and since my camera was at hand I got the following montage.
December_Hose_Shower.jpg
Left Click for higher resolution.

The first frame shows general rinsing down and the second the attention to body folds. Frame 3 is where I am applying my usual body wash which is also a shampoo that I have thinned down with water for easier application and frame 4 is then the final rinse. In Frame 5 the time lapse caught me headed for the faucets to turn the water off and Frame 6 the toweling off. The forecast for tomorrow is similar but just a tad warmer and a tad more wind.

I suppose that someone taking a shower is no big thing, but it has been a good while since I came back from a walk sweaty and could just shower off with the hose outdoors before going back indoors. It felt great and the breeze did not bother at all, it just made it more invigorating without getting cold enough to spoil it all. Just wanted to share the exhilaration of the experience.

The second image is just my own attempt at humor for a very good product to which I have added my own bit.
As the product was developed for critters that actually have rather sensitive skin, it is quite gentle on those of us critters that have skin so tough that we don't have to have a layer of hair to protect it. The slogan is of my own divising but If they wanted to use it for their human customers I would not mind. :D :lol: :D
It is not a product solicitation, I just though it expressed a sentiment that resonates with me. And it does a nice job on my skin and hair.
Body_Wash.jpg
Click for higher resolution.

It was just a pleasant way to wrap up a comfortably warm naturist woods walk.
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Read the last chapter of a great book while the sun shone and the fickle winds of NW MO favored the naturist soul. Sun felt good in my lounge chair among the tall prairie grasses of my back "40."
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 pm

naturaldon wrote:Read the last chapter of a great book while the sun shone and the fickle winds of NW MO favored the naturist soul. Sun felt good in my lounge chair among the tall prairie grasses of my back "40."

Hmm, since I am SW and you are NW it sounds like at least the whole west side probably had it pretty good today! :fantastic:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Hmm, since I am SW and you are NW it sounds like at least the whole west side probably had it pretty good today!

Yep, it was pretty nice here, around 65. The breeze became a little cool in the late afternoon, naturally, but I finished my book and called it a day.
-Don
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Today I spent some nude time studying for my final final exams. 8)
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Maverick wrote:Today I spent some nude time studying for my final final exams. 8)

Finally! :fantastic:
-Don
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:25 pm

I don’t post in this section often because I feel like I just sound repetitive. I pretty much do the same thing, Train, everyday. One of the joys of having a home gym is being able to train naked. Today is a cardio day but I have to repair my heavy bag, so I opted for a 50 Minute plyometric work out.
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:06 pm

naturaldon wrote:
Maverick wrote:Today I spent some nude time studying for my final final exams. 8)

Finally! :fantastic:

Yeah, feels like it's been forever! Of course, they won't be my final finals if I decide to get a master's, but the jury is still out on that one.

RMOlson wrote:I don’t post in this section often because I feel like I just sound repetitive. I pretty much do the same thing, Train, everyday. One of the joys of having a home gym is being able to train naked. Today is a cardio day but I have to repair my heavy bag, so I opted for a 50 Minute plyometric work out.

Working out nude is the best. :like:
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeah, feels like it's been forever! Of course, they won't be my final finals if I decide to get a master's, but the jury is still out on that one.

Congratulations! As a university (assistant) professor, I am always thrilled when a student successfully reaches the end. May you have joy!
dv8
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm

RMOlson wrote:I don’t post in this section often because I feel like I just sound repetitive. ................

Don't let that be too much of a deterrent, A major point of this sort of strip is to demonstrate/remind just how practical it is to do ordinary things and almost everything nude, not just special or exceptional things ! Naturism works very well as a way of living and not just a special event activity. E.g. The last several days I have been rebuilding my Lawn Tractor/riding Mower.
Mower_Maintanance.JPG
Left Click for Better Resolution and size

In my shop, except for things like grinding and welding, I can do most light machine work that way as well. I even do farm work with my diesel tractor and implements wearing little other than canvas shoes to protect my feet from pinch points around the pedals and to cushion the various foot controls. If I am not in the shade, I also will wear a broad brimmed hat to reduce risk of over exposure to the sun on my face ears and thinning scalp.

In a situation such as depicted I am of course careful where I step and pay attention to what I set on the floor and careful about what I drop. :shock:

And now as it is 24F (-4.4C) outdoors with a light breeze, I think I will likely return to my Lawn Tractor/Mower project.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:
RMOlson wrote:I don’t post in this section often because I feel like I just sound repetitive. ................

Don't let that be too much of a deterrent, A major point of this sort of strip is to demonstrate/remind just how practical it is to do ordinary things and almost everything nude, not just special or exceptional things ! Naturism works very well as a way of living and not just a special event activity. E.g. The last several days I have been rebuilding my Lawn Tractor/riding Mower.
The attachment Mower_Maintanance.JPG is no longer available

In my shop, except for things like grinding and welding, I can do most light machine work that way as well. I even do farm work with my diesel tractor and implements wearing little other than canvas shoes to protect my feet from pinch points around the pedals and to cushion the various foot controls. If I am not in the shade, I also will wear a broad brimmed hat to reduce risk of over exposure to the sun on my face ears and thinning scalp.

In a situation such as depicted I am of course careful where I step and pay attention to what I set on the floor and careful about what I drop. :shock:

And now as it is 24F (-4.4C) outdoors with a light breeze, I think I will likely return to my Lawn Tractor/Mower project.

Got to be a heated shop! The concrete looks cold! :o
Attachments
ice.jpg
ice.jpg (8.89 KiB) Viewed 98 times
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm

webmeister wrote:Got to be a heated shop! The concrete looks cold! :o

Well not heated much. There are a few outlets in the main duct but for a 1200 sq ft basement that is not all that much or all that well distributed but it does take the edge of of the coolness. As the floor is not insulated and 3 out of 4 walls are ground contact concrete with the upper 1 to 3 feet open to the atmosphere it isn't exactly toasty warm. but not all that bad and rather nice in the summer. The only time it gets cold is if I lay on the floor such as when dropping the mower deck and sliding it out. And I do that nude as well. The feet get a little cold because of the constant contact with the floor slab. so it is not all that bad. Of course if my wife goes out to or in from the laundry line I get a momentary frigid blast. We don't really heat the basement but enough heat leaks down from the main floor that we mostly leave the duct outlets closed and it stays suitably warm and rarely below 50. In the summer it does not warm up all that much due to the extensive ground contact But when we remodled I did salvage the old kitchen ceiling fan to circulate air down there as the cool concrete will condense humidity just enough to produce a slight musty smell if the air is stagnant. Only the wall on the wal- out side is insulated as that is a 2x6 stud walll. (I should say "drive out" as that door is 2, 4foot doors for a total of 8 and I can bring in a vehicle should it need to be worked on in inclement weather.

The basement was all one big room until I walled off part of it to be my machine shop and also built the basement bathroom where there was a bathroom rough in that had never been utiized. I think there were only 2 light bulbs as originally configured, after a bunch of wiring work there are now Florescent fixtures plus 5 single bulb ceiling lights counting the bathroom. it makes it a nice place to work and we moved the laundry down there too.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

dv8 wrote:

Congratulations! As a university (assistant) professor, I am always thrilled when a student successfully reaches the end. May you have joy!

Thank you, dv8! Six days 'til I walk the stage (though not nude). :D
Maverick
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism