What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: It probably is cheating to count it but.....

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Well it is January and I did go for a nude walk with nothing on more than glasses and low cut canvas shoes, and it was only about 3/8 of a mile. It was 36 F (2.2C) or 47F (8.3 C) in the full sun but there was a 5mph breeze (maybe 10 on a gust and it was only for about 15 minutes, but after being cooped up indoors for days by the cold, it was rather nice, and it was clear and sunny which is always a mood booster. However I expect I will still get in some "real" Nude time before the month is out, I walked around the house across the front yard and then around the grassy field and back past the pond. For more productive work in the last 14 hours, a good bit of the time I was working on the piping and did that nude. I was revising the hot & cold frost proof faucets in basement wall. The plastic pipes that fed them blocked any indoor air contact with the part of the faucet that is supposed to be on the warm side of the wall, the result was frozen faucets any time the weather dipped 5 or so degrees below freezing overnight. The fix was to make the last couple of feet of each pipe to the faucets out of copper. That will pick up enough heat to keep the valve part of the faucet from freezing for some bit below freezing. This AM it was 17 and the faucets worked fine. That copper pipe comes into the basement bathroom right next to the hot water heater and that bathroom also has its own baseboard electric heat which can help in what passes for around here really cold weather (which is really maybe -5 to -10 F here on the Ozark plateau in southern Missouri remains to be seen. But if it does not I can now at least direct a propane torch at the copper pipe close to the valve at the inboard end of the frost proof faucet which is something I could not do when the pipe there was plastic. It is iffy about whether I will get a chance to do a lower temperature test this winter than the 17F we had this morning But often the coldest weather comes right around late January to early February before the spring warming trend kicks in and on a good day then I will likely be out with the tractor getting the garden tilled for the early cold weather spring plants. :D and I am looking forward to that. as that is a wonderful Nude activity as long as it is not too windy as the daytime temperatures are decent and the cold weather crops can stand a cold night or two; (beans peas potatoes cabbage & broccoli and other crucifers.....)
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

I've been keeping warm with my bow in the cooooold garage. Short range but it's good practice. Today, I tried my blowgun but the little darts go too deep in the archery target. Will stick to archery indoors until it warms up outdoors (but then I'll have to shoot un-CO).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 am

Guys, you’re really making me feel jealous since though the temps are nice during the day, starting at about 45F at sunrise and warming to the mid 60s in md afternoon I’ve not been able to get any nude time except to sleep and at my computer in the mornings before getting dressed for the day, due to school break so my granddaughter’s home all day and grandma would freak out if I were nude in front of her. She returns to school next Monday and so maybe I’ll get to enjoy the weather without clothing and work on my full body tan.
Mjim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Guys, you’re really making me feel jealous since though the temps are nice during the day, starting at about 45F at sunrise and warming to the mid 60s in md afternoon I’ve not been able to get any nude time except to sleep and at my computer in the mornings before getting dressed for the day, due to school break so my granddaughter’s home all day and grandma would freak out if I were nude in front of her. She returns to school next Monday and so maybe I’ll get to enjoy the weather without clothing and work on my full body tan.
Mjim

Jim, I am jealous of your weather. It has been colder here than Alaska for the better part of a week.
However, I feel sorry that you can't introduce your grandchildren to social nudity.
It would be a real benefit to get a start in it at this juncture in their lives.
Our local camp had 50 kids one Saturday afternoon and they had an amazing time.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks Ramblinman. I too would love to introduce my granddaughter so she could grow into a strong and confident young woman with respect for her body and that of others too. Unfortunately, both her mom and grandma don’t see things in the same way and are committed to teaching her showing one’s nude body to others is wrong.it will be up to her to discover the joy of nudism for herself in the future.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Thanks Ramblinman. I too would love to introduce my granddaughter so she could grow into a strong and confident young woman with respect for her body and that of others too. Unfortunately, both her mom and grandma don’t see things in the same way and are committed to teaching her showing one’s nude body to others is wrong.it will be up to her to discover the joy of nudism for herself in the future.

Jim

Jim,
As I grew up, much of what I learned about the decency of the body was from what my friends and family said to me, not by standing naked in front of me.
They certainly expressed their opinions freely and said I was free to think it over for myself.
There are times when nudity is inappropriate and times when it is appropriate.
Our body is never indecent in and of itself.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

GEORGEUS, GLORIOUS, WONDERFUL, FANTASITC,.... a TRUE BLESSING !

After days of cold rainy weather, then this morning some clearing, by about noon the air temperature made it to 56F (13C) and the thermometer in the sun to 63F (17C) and wind about 20mph (32kph) gusting to 30mph (48kph). I went for a totally nude and natural (so long as you don't count my fillings crowns and cataract replacement implant lenses :mrgreen: :wink:) hour long walk through my woodland trails. My metabolism ramped up pretty promptly and by the time I got back my armpits, the crooks of my elbows, and other miscellaneous parts were actually slightly sweaty. I had actually walked across the somewhat muddy exposed beach on the far side of the pond, so I hooked up the "Y"hose fitting that joins the hot & cold frost proof faucets and attached a short hose, and gathered up the soap and a towel and took a "hose shower" in the breeze out on the patio slab. The mud was so sticky that when I went in after the soap and towel it did not even come off on the basement floor, (so it was a good thing I took the shower before walking as far as the carpet :shock: ! .

WOW ! Did that ever feel great ! The warm water took away any coldness from my mud caked feet right along with the mud.

Not only was it - good exercise - a chance for meditation and prayer - a "mood lifter" - and feel GREAT ! but it allowed me to fully and fairly meet my (rather arbitrary) goal for at least one day with a "woodland trail walk" every month of the year for this January. :biggrin: That means that only one substantial hurdle remains, February ! , as that month has a knack for being surprisingly unpleasant some years. March is of course just a darling month as it usually has several downright bright and balmy days (just ideal for early nude garden work :D) It is almost an hour past my return from the walk now, and it is still hard to describe how good I feel after my nude and natural excursion. I can only wish that all of you have had such a good day.
Blessings,
Bare_Truth
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Bare, I'm happy that you had such a fantastic experience. That's about how I felt during my first skinny dip, which I dare say was the most spiritual "close to God" experience I've had so far.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Maverick wrote:That's about how I felt during my first skinny dip, which I dare say was the most spiritual "close to God" experience I've had so far.

Now that you mention it, how innocent is a baby in the womb surrounded by water? Perhaps skinny dipping takes us back there in a way that we don't understand. Nicodemus sure didn't. I am always spiritually uplifted when I'm naked in the water, or rain for that matter. But clearly, believers being immersed and eternally surrounded by the righteousness of God helps us identify those near-God experiences in this earthly life - prenatal, postnatal, and au naturel.
:cross:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

At Least they were as bare as Jay Birds.

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Ok, I cheated! But perhaps you will cut me some slack, as the temperature was 18F (-8C ) with a 20 mph (32kph) breeze. So I put on some slip on canvas shoes and kept my bathrobe on. My wife had swept off the concrete apron in front of the garage and thrown out some bird seed but we were getting no takers. That is why I went out there, and I swept off a bit of the gravel driveway. Now the birds could get some grit for their gizzards. My wife added some seed to the exposed gravel and before she got back indoors we had 60 birds arrive for a winter feast. But at least my guests that arrived immediately after were as bare as jay birds...... Well OK SOME OF THEM WERE JAY BIRDS !
Sweeping_Snow_is_For_the_Birds.JPG
Left Click for Larger image

I can however assure that with that much wind for my bathrobe to flutter in I was not significantly more clothed than a Jay Bird.

So if you are helping out the birds this winter, providing them with a source of grit is sort of necessary for the birds. Normally, ours merely have to flit as far as the gravel road at the edge of our yard, but as the snow was sort of wet and it packed well from cars going by, the grit there was sealed away under a layer of white.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism