What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: It probably is cheating to count it but.....

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Well it is January and I did go for a nude walk with nothing on more than glasses and low cut canvas shoes, and it was only about 3/8 of a mile. It was 36 F (2.2C) or 47F (8.3 C) in the full sun but there was a 5mph breeze (maybe 10 on a gust and it was only for about 15 minutes, but after being cooped up indoors for days by the cold, it was rather nice, and it was clear and sunny which is always a mood booster. However I expect I will still get in some "real" Nude time before the month is out, I walked around the house across the front yard and then around the grassy field and back past the pond. For more productive work in the last 14 hours, a good bit of the time I was working on the piping and did that nude. I was revising the hot & cold frost proof faucets in basement wall. The plastic pipes that fed them blocked any indoor air contact with the part of the faucet that is supposed to be on the warm side of the wall, the result was frozen faucets any time the weather dipped 5 or so degrees below freezing overnight. The fix was to make the last couple of feet of each pipe to the faucets out of copper. That will pick up enough heat to keep the valve part of the faucet from freezing for some bit below freezing. This AM it was 17 and the faucets worked fine. That copper pipe comes into the basement bathroom right next to the hot water heater and that bathroom also has its own baseboard electric heat which can help in what passes for around here really cold weather (which is really maybe -5 to -10 F here on the Ozark plateau in southern Missouri remains to be seen. But if it does not I can now at least direct a propane torch at the copper pipe close to the valve at the inboard end of the frost proof faucet which is something I could not do when the pipe there was plastic. It is iffy about whether I will get a chance to do a lower temperature test this winter than the 17F we had this morning But often the coldest weather comes right around late January to early February before the spring warming trend kicks in and on a good day then I will likely be out with the tractor getting the garden tilled for the early cold weather spring plants. :D and I am looking forward to that. as that is a wonderful Nude activity as long as it is not too windy as the daytime temperatures are decent and the cold weather crops can stand a cold night or two; (beans peas potatoes cabbage & broccoli and other crucifers.....)
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

I've been keeping warm with my bow in the cooooold garage. Short range but it's good practice. Today, I tried my blowgun but the little darts go too deep in the archery target. Will stick to archery indoors until it warms up outdoors (but then I'll have to shoot un-CO).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 am

Guys, you’re really making me feel jealous since though the temps are nice during the day, starting at about 45F at sunrise and warming to the mid 60s in md afternoon I’ve not been able to get any nude time except to sleep and at my computer in the mornings before getting dressed for the day, due to school break so my granddaughter’s home all day and grandma would freak out if I were nude in front of her. She returns to school next Monday and so maybe I’ll get to enjoy the weather without clothing and work on my full body tan.
Mjim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Guys, you’re really making me feel jealous since though the temps are nice during the day, starting at about 45F at sunrise and warming to the mid 60s in md afternoon I’ve not been able to get any nude time except to sleep and at my computer in the mornings before getting dressed for the day, due to school break so my granddaughter’s home all day and grandma would freak out if I were nude in front of her. She returns to school next Monday and so maybe I’ll get to enjoy the weather without clothing and work on my full body tan.
Mjim

Jim, I am jealous of your weather. It has been colder here than Alaska for the better part of a week.
However, I feel sorry that you can't introduce your grandchildren to social nudity.
It would be a real benefit to get a start in it at this juncture in their lives.
Our local camp had 50 kids one Saturday afternoon and they had an amazing time.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks Ramblinman. I too would love to introduce my granddaughter so she could grow into a strong and confident young woman with respect for her body and that of others too. Unfortunately, both her mom and grandma don’t see things in the same way and are committed to teaching her showing one’s nude body to others is wrong.it will be up to her to discover the joy of nudism for herself in the future.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Thanks Ramblinman. I too would love to introduce my granddaughter so she could grow into a strong and confident young woman with respect for her body and that of others too. Unfortunately, both her mom and grandma don’t see things in the same way and are committed to teaching her showing one’s nude body to others is wrong.it will be up to her to discover the joy of nudism for herself in the future.

Jim

Jim,
As I grew up, much of what I learned about the decency of the body was from what my friends and family said to me, not by standing naked in front of me.
They certainly expressed their opinions freely and said I was free to think it over for myself.
There are times when nudity is inappropriate and times when it is appropriate.
Our body is never indecent in and of itself.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

GEORGEUS, GLORIOUS, WONDERFUL, FANTASITC,.... a TRUE BLESSING !

After days of cold rainy weather, then this morning some clearing, by about noon the air temperature made it to 56F (13C) and the thermometer in the sun to 63F (17C) and wind about 20mph (32kph) gusting to 30mph (48kph). I went for a totally nude and natural (so long as you don't count my fillings crowns and cataract replacement implant lenses :mrgreen: :wink:) hour long walk through my woodland trails. My metabolism ramped up pretty promptly and by the time I got back my armpits, the crooks of my elbows, and other miscellaneous parts were actually slightly sweaty. I had actually walked across the somewhat muddy exposed beach on the far side of the pond, so I hooked up the "Y"hose fitting that joins the hot & cold frost proof faucets and attached a short hose, and gathered up the soap and a towel and took a "hose shower" in the breeze out on the patio slab. The mud was so sticky that when I went in after the soap and towel it did not even come off on the basement floor, (so it was a good thing I took the shower before walking as far as the carpet :shock: ! .

WOW ! Did that ever feel great ! The warm water took away any coldness from my mud caked feet right along with the mud.

Not only was it - good exercise - a chance for meditation and prayer - a "mood lifter" - and feel GREAT ! but it allowed me to fully and fairly meet my (rather arbitrary) goal for at least one day with a "woodland trail walk" every month of the year for this January. :biggrin: That means that only one substantial hurdle remains, February ! , as that month has a knack for being surprisingly unpleasant some years. March is of course just a darling month as it usually has several downright bright and balmy days (just ideal for early nude garden work :D) It is almost an hour past my return from the walk now, and it is still hard to describe how good I feel after my nude and natural excursion. I can only wish that all of you have had such a good day.
Blessings,
Bare_Truth
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Bare, I'm happy that you had such a fantastic experience. That's about how I felt during my first skinny dip, which I dare say was the most spiritual "close to God" experience I've had so far.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Maverick wrote:That's about how I felt during my first skinny dip, which I dare say was the most spiritual "close to God" experience I've had so far.

Now that you mention it, how innocent is a baby in the womb surrounded by water? Perhaps skinny dipping takes us back there in a way that we don't understand. Nicodemus sure didn't. I am always spiritually uplifted when I'm naked in the water, or rain for that matter. But clearly, believers being immersed and eternally surrounded by the righteousness of God helps us identify those near-God experiences in this earthly life - prenatal, postnatal, and au naturel.
:cross:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

At Least they were as bare as Jay Birds.

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Ok, I cheated! But perhaps you will cut me some slack, as the temperature was 18F (-8C ) with a 20 mph (32kph) breeze. So I put on some slip on canvas shoes and kept my bathrobe on. My wife had swept off the concrete apron in front of the garage and thrown out some bird seed but we were getting no takers. That is why I went out there, and I swept off a bit of the gravel driveway. Now the birds could get some grit for their gizzards. My wife added some seed to the exposed gravel and before she got back indoors we had 60 birds arrive for a winter feast. But at least my guests that arrived immediately after were as bare as jay birds...... Well OK SOME OF THEM WERE JAY BIRDS !
Sweeping_Snow_is_For_the_Birds.JPG
Left Click for Larger image

I can however assure that with that much wind for my bathrobe to flutter in I was not significantly more clothed than a Jay Bird.

So if you are helping out the birds this winter, providing them with a source of grit is sort of necessary for the birds. Normally, ours merely have to flit as far as the gravel road at the edge of our yard, but as the snow was sort of wet and it packed well from cars going by, the grit there was sealed away under a layer of white.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Wish You Were Here

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 am

One of the short comings of winter for a naturist is that it is just that much harder for us to get together, and especially for outdoor activities. And planning to work around the problem of weather is part of the problem because engaging in a spontaneous outdoor naturist activity may not be accommodated by the weather. So If I am going to share my zeal for such activities I think we are going to find a way to do it vicariously as a substitute. Granted some of you might think that I just have to much zeal but when this afternoon the temperature hit 53F (12 C) with the wind a mere 5mph (8kph) and full sun, I had had enough of the gloomy overcast and way too cold weather for naturism. So it was out the door I went and got in a 1mile (1.3km) or more approx1.5 hour woods walk. My only accomodation to the climateic conditions was to wear some flat bottomed canvas shoes because cold wet snow or mud (it was thawing) just chills the feet too quickly. However as fresh thawed clay-mud for an about an inch of depth on top of a frozen solid substrate is like walking on a greased steel plate, I did go down once. (Fortunately it was back on the lawn and I was not carrying anything at the moment.

The forgoing being said, I did not want to leave you out on the fun and for the purpose of encouraging you all to seek such opportunities (and not to gloat either) and to show that I really did do what I claimed, I took my camera along as I walked and in various locations I set it up on a tripod and on time lapse as I walked around that area, and got documentation coming and going before moving on to the next area.

It is only vicarious and I could well wish to have some of you here on the location but this is what I could do so I offer the following in the spirit of sharing and encouragement. March is only about a month and a half away, and except for those in the more northerly latitudes you will soon have an opportunity to do likewise. So hang in there hope is on the way.
180119_winter_woods_Walk_1-4.jpg

So I started my photographic record on the east trail in the back half of our acerage. That trail is a walking trail (there is only one tractor width trail following the ridge to the far back of the property but the images on the foot trail here were more photogenic. From Frame1, the winding nature of the foot trails is somewhat visible, and frame 2 was captured as I returned to recover the camera. Having to make so many returns for the camera contributed to the amount of time I was able to spend enjoying the walk. As cool as the weather looks, my being naked in the region of my torso and legs has a substantial stimulating effect on my otherwise sluggish metbolism and despite the coolness of the day I actually got a small amount of persperation. :roll:

Frame 3 shows a rare straight portion of one of the foot trails most of which deliberately were cut with plenty of turns and bends. The lack of straightness was deliberate to follow contours that did not promote erosion but also because if they are too straight it becomes hard to get close enough to wildlife to see it before it runs off. And frame 4 was taken looking across the old abandoned county road bed as I was approaching the far NW corner of our property. The openness of the old roadbed allowed the sun to get at most of the snow and melt it. But it made for slippery going as the top inch of thawing made the ground like grease, and I was glad to have the occasional branch or sappling for stability.
180119_winter_woods_Walk_5-8.jpg

In the second photo, Frame 5 shows that I had reached my primary destination which is the large clearing at the back of the property. In total it is large enough and quite level and would accomodate a cluster of tents for 4 or 5 family groups or a troop of scouts. It is as open as it is because I regularly use my lawn tractor to mow my trails to keep them open and I also mow my two clearings to keep them from becoming overgrown with brambles or sumac. The image only shows about 1/4 to 1/3 of the whole clearing.

Frame 6 shows an interesting intertwining of 2 oak trees with a large hickory tree on a short trail link at one corner of the large clearing. The one oak is that long horizontal branch that is trying to get out from under its companions as it tries to seek sunlight. The trail goes around both sides of the cluster and is wide enough going around the tree cluster that a couple more tents could be pitched back there. The large clearing is almost flat and is level enough with just enough pitch to make the water drain in one direction, so it is a good tent site. A small pop-up trailer could get back there, though I would recommend going through the woods using my tractor as the turns are sharp at a couple of places. And one would not want to try to get a trailer in and out using a car or pickup if it had just rained or thawed. However we have had a 3/4 ton pickup back there to haul out several loads of oak from a huge tree that got lightening blasted clear back at the back fence.

Alas all good things must come to an end and frame 7 shows me by the gate in the cross fence that divides our property into 2 10 acre sections (each of which constitutes a square furlong :wink: ). The front 10 is only about half wooded , the remainder being a grassy field, the lawn with the house, and the pond.

And speaking of the pond, that is the subject of frame 8, as I thought it appropriate to emphasize that this is the winter season by showing the frozen pond. What looks like open water isn't really but rather it is melted snow atop the layer of ice which covers most of the pond. Those several nights with down to -8F (-22C) gave us a fair layer of ice which then accumulated snow, but the bright weather the last couple of days has allowed the snow to melt some, even though the ice cover remains mostly intact. Those spindly things in front of the pond are the bamboo I transplanted last spring and they are doing very well. I am glad I got them planted as this winter has been a bit dry and unless we get lots of spring rains, I will really need that bamboo to sprout out during the spring sprouting season and to bush out and be the wind break I planted it for, because the spring and summer winds come from the west (where I took the picture from) and sweep across the surface and really accelerate the evaporation.

Ok, so that is what I have done naturally in the recent days, and I encourage you to share your naturist adventures for all to enjoy vicariously with you, but be warned, you who live to the warmer south, that if you gloat too much about your sunny warm weather you may get your comeuppance for any such hubris, come next June, when it is mosquito weather. (We don't get too many mosquitos around here but we do have ticks :cry: :x)
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 am

I merely laid for an hour in the sun at approximately one hour with a moderate breeze but am glad to say I got some nude time outdoors today as well as approximately another 45 minutes on Wednesday, all in my back yard.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 am

I've got a mind to build a screen house to keep the mosquitoes out. Plenty of sun would still get through for vitamin D and fresh air would get through too.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 am

Ramblinman wrote:I've got a mind to build a screen house to keep the mosquitoes out. Plenty of sun would still get through for vitamin D and fresh air would get through too.
Well that might solve the mosquito problem but if you could build it incorporating some gym features, you could get that use out of it as well, however I prefer to get my exercise in outdoor activities so that would not work very well for me. As an avid gardener i would be more inclined to try to incorporate green house features.

Our fellow members who are in the southern parts of the U.S. probably have enough warm weather that a green house is not so valuable in which case the screen house may be a better lifestyle enhancement. but here in Missouri at 37.8 north latitude the greenhouse is probably a practical choice and if enough side windows open to a screen then it can sort of be both seeing as how plants tend to enjoy a bug free semi-outdoor space (except of course those that need the bugs to help with polination).
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 pm

And now it is the next day and it was in the 40's all last night with the thawing proceeding apace and at noon I got in another hour + woods walk with temperatures between 50 and 60 F (10-15.6 C)but the walking was much harder because and spatter my legs and my feet were sliding a whole lot. About twice as much of the surface depth was thawed so the greasy layer of clay was twice as thick and I had to go from one tree that I could grab to the next or walk in the leaves beside the trail, and the mud was constantly trying to suck my canvas shoes off my feet. It was good enough exercise that I worked up a mild sweat, (but at least I did not fall in the mud) !

I was spattered enough and sweaty enough that when I got back to the house, I hooked up the hose and got a towel and soap and adjusted the water temperataure sufficient to soap up and take a "hose shower" before going in and putting my just washed canvas shoes and removable insoles in front of a fan to dry them. But it sure fealt good! It fealt really good and invigorating. Now if my bamboo wind break for the pond will just grow and fill in some more, and we get a bit more precipitation to raise the pond, I should have mostly a good spring and summer.

Bare_Truth
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism