The invasion of the CAMEL TOES.

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The invasion of the CAMEL TOES.

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm

If this goes better in any other forum, I have no objection to a monitor moving it. A "camel toe" is defined at: as :
cameltoe, is a slang term that refers to the outline of a woman's labia majora in tightly fitting clothes. Owing to a combination of anatomical factors and the tightness of the fabric covering the area, the crotch and mons pubis may display a shape resembling the forefoot of a camel. Camel toe commonly occurs as a result of wearing tight-fitting clothes, such as shorts, hotpants or swimwear.

The justification for bringing up the discussion of an artifact of a particular style of clothing is to examine the impact of this trend on the topic of Naturism/Nudism and particularly the impact on Christian Naturism/Nudism.

I do not know about the situation for the rest of you but lately I have experienced this "camel toe" topic cropping up with a surprising frequency in various visual media such as the internet, You tube, and Television Advertising. Because this is a sexual display of the outline of the genitals I can only surmise that somehow Naturism will get dragged in to the discourse. The term "cleavage" is being applied and the phrase "Lift and Separate", which used to apply only to Bra advertising, is coming into play.

Because the camel toe phenomenon involves the display (albeit primarily the outline) of female genitiia, comparison to the visibility of genitilia in nudity Is a certainty. Comments such as "Well, if she is going to show off her "camel toe" she might as well be naked !. However a statement like that is quite inaccurate. The Genitilia of a nudist woman may be visible, but her genetilia is in a very real sense more visible in the camel toe case. In the camel toe case, the entire pubic region is covered with cloth, and one would think that means less visibility, however the cloth covers the region obscuring all detail except the actual shape of the genitals. As all other aspects are covered except the shape, the the focus is intinsified as to the presence and fullness of the genitals. They become the emphisized presence and feature. Accordingly an observer is more likely to note to a companion, "Hey look a Camel toe ! " Where as, if the woman were simply nude, the comment would likely be "Hey, she is naked". The former comment has a much more specific sexual connotation .

Nevertheless, I expect that any general wave of disapprobation in society will "poison the waters" against chaste naturism.

Of further concern is the frequency with which the camel toe is occuring in media. I have seen ads on TV in which the camel toe is visible "ever so briefly" the first few times the advertisement is shown, and then is removed from the ad. I suspect that this may be an advertising tactic to reach the audience subliminally to draw their attention to the ad, and then remove it from the ad so that they can claim it was not used that way or was accidental and corrected, which is to say it appears to be an attempt at "plausible deniability".

A standard internet technique is based on tracking users and then suggesting related topics to the user. If they can do that across sources, that can lead to multiple additional hits on the same topic. If that is going on in my case, then I suppose that just posting this query could increase the number of times, camel toe related topics are suggested to me. (of course I am not paranoid....... am I ?

So now let me pose a question to others here. Is there some sort of thing about camel toe as a topic that is driving the frequency at which it is cropping up, and will it pose a problem for naturism, and what opinions on the matter does anyone have to offer. I see the topic as flaunting sexuality and debauching the human form for prurient interests.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: The invasion of the CAMEL TOES.

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:40 am

I’d not realized the frquency of references to or visual exhibiats of the camel toe. However, references to the term are certainly intended to be sexual in connotation. But, I do believe the appearance of bare labia as exhibited by nudist/Naturist women would help de-sexualize what tight clothing emphasizes.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 am

JimShedd112 wrote:I’d not realized the frquency of references to or visual exhibiats of the camel toe.
It rather took me by surprise too, I do not know if There really is a surge in the display, but I think so. and simultaneously there seems to a sudden surge in "camel toe, underware/knickers" It is a fasion trend in Japan and also in Britian. They are making underware with padding enhancements for women to give them the appearance of "puffy" labia. that do for the vagina what padded bra's do for the brest. It seems altogether whorish to advertise the body parts used for copulation.

JimShedd112 wrote: However, references to the term are certainly intended to be sexual in connotation.
I certainly agree, simple nudity would be far less suggestive. (Perhaps the school dress code should consist of just a simple towel with the school mascot and motto on it :shock: )

JimShedd112 wrote:But, I do believe the appearance of bare labia as exhibited by nudist/Naturist women would help de-sexualize what tight clothing emphasizes.
I am wondering just how society in general is going to respond to the trend. It will be interesting to see how schools and courts will deal with the matter. Laws have been passed in some jurisdictions pertaining to exposed underware, and adolescent rebellion pushes at any restrictions, Display of a natural "camel toe" is one thing. But enhancing it with padded "camel toe underware" is some sort of advertising (of attitude if nothing else). At least chaste nudity is natural. If the schools allow this, I cannot see how they can justify banning t'shirts with the 10 commandments on them.

In the interest of Gender equality for the boys in high school, I think that the fashion industry is going to have to bring back the codpiece (see at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece). I suppose the guys could just start with wearing the largest "athletic cup" that they can secure in place. :roll:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 am

So I wonder who came up with the term? "Hey look, that looks like my camel's toes" :lol:
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am

naturist wrote:So I wonder who came up with the term? "Hey look, that looks like my camel's toes" :lol:
Probably some highschool teenagers.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 am

This is borrowed from http://www.esthergarvi.org/2009/04/20/camel-riding-stills/. Please, gents, try not to be too aroused.

The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am

The first time I heard the term “camel toe” was from my pastor’s wife. I was doing some work in the office. She was talking with another gal occasionally bringing me in to the conversation. I had mostly stopped listening when that phrase caught my ear. I interrupted and asked her, “what is a camel toe?” She reluctantly explained while both of them went red faced.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:05 am

RMOlson wrote:I interrupted and asked her, “what is a camel toe?” She reluctantly explained while both of them went red faced.

She probably didn't show you the above picture...
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:35 am

Bare_Truth wrote:...cameltoe, is a slang term that refers to the outline of a woman's labia majora in tightly fitting clothes.

As a child and teen at the beach or pool, my swim trunks frequently revealed the contours of my genitals.
When I was rather young, I expressed my concern about this to my mom and her response was, "Don't worry about it, everyone knows what boys look like".
Similarly, I could see the contours of some of the girls at our swim club.
I noticed it, but lost interest in it after a while and focused on swimming, diving, water volleyball, etc.
Although she did not mention it, Mom could just have easily said about the girls, "Don't worry about it, everyone knows what girls look like".
While I did not grow up as a nudist, I was taught that even with clothing, the contours of genitals, both male and female cannot entirely be hidden when one is wearing tight clothing or swimwear.
The admonition is to both to acknowledge the reality of this part of our bodies, but not focus undue attention on it.
I can only wish that more people were raised with that view of the human body.

Bare_Truth wrote:I do not know about the situation for the rest of you but lately I have experienced this "camel toe" topic cropping up with a surprising frequency in various visual media such as the internet, You tube, and Television Advertising.

Virtual reality is quite frequently a distortion of reality rather than a perfect reflection of it. It sometimes helps to take a vacation from the fads and hype and walk among the living, particularly our brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Bare_Truth wrote: Where as, if the woman were simply nude, the comment would likely be "Hey, she is naked". The former comment has a much more specific sexual connotation .

I do find naturism helpful in integrating the entire body into a seamless whole.
The natural design of our naked body does provide some prominence to our genitals with differences in color and hair pattern and differences in the color of nipples, but these differences are not as garish as a vividly colored bikini that covers only the parts that lecherous people seem to have a fetish interest in.

Most of the post-pubescent women in my naturist circles kept their pubic hair and I rarely saw adult labia, despite all the "total nudity" I was surrounded by.
Thin cloth bikinis serve to compress the pubic hair and make labia contours far more visible than I saw at the nudist campground.
In some nudist circles, it is more common for women to shave their pubic hair, but this open honest nudity does not offend me.
Neither do I object to clothing that reveals male or female contours, it is simply of no particular interest to me.

It is not likely that we will gather huge numbers of new nudists from the ranks of those who have a lewd obsession with the outlines of the female crotch revealed in thin tight fabric, but for those whom the Holy Spirit leads to feel disgust and shame over their obsession, surely the Lord will show some that chaste nudity is God's original plan for mankind. We know that a return to it offers a path back to a view of the body as a whole, rather than a lewd obsession with parts. Ultimately repentance and sanctification are needed, but as naturists, nude living gives us a positive wholesome view of nudity that even many Christians struggle to have.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Never heard of it. The term used that way. To me camal toes are just that. A camals toes.

First comes the teaching that the body is lewd, cover it up. Then the clothing trends toward tighter, more revealing, less coverage. Which combination drives to lust. The solution is recognizing Gods handywork in our bodies and quit calling it lewd because its not and never was. Just quit the tight clothing, its generally not comfortable anyway. And let nude be normal like it once was.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 pm

DaveT wrote:Never heard of it. The term used that way. ....... And let nude be normal like it once was.

Dave, something about the point you made caused me to reflect upon this whole situation in a different but often used way. One of the prime ways Satan works is to provide a counterfeit. Indeed in his desire to dethrone God and make himself god instead. And this whole camel toe thing can be seen as just another counterfeit.
you wrote:....clothing trends toward tighter, more revealing, less coverage. Which combination drives to lust. The solution is recognizing Gods handywork in our bodies and quit calling it lewd because its not and never was.

God's plan was:
-- Mankind as beautiful people
-- Made in the beautiful image of God:
-- Living in a beautiful environment behaving in a lust free chaste lifestyle.
-- Living forever healthy and vibrant lives
Satan's counterfeit was:
-- Mankind as degenerating degenerate people
-- ekeing out a hard existence in a degraded environment driven by lust and greed
-- Using clothing not only for physical protection but adapting it to draw lustful attention.
-- Living out a short life span struggling to survive while striving against disease and aging.

I think that characterizing Satan as a counterfeiter is a valid analogy.

As for the term "Camel toe", I first heard of it a year or more ago, but at the time it was more a matter of a wardrobe malfunction. Now its use seems to have flaired up as an intentional tawdry [1] wardrobe trick to appeal to baser motives of late, and quite a few people outside the youth generation have not heard of it, though at the present rate of usage they probably will, but the number who are not yet aware of it is the reason that I included the wikipedia link in the opening post, though in the case of those who have been previously un-aware of this new trend I did feel like the bearer of bad tidings. It is a trend that we all could do without and be the better for it. Sorry to be the bearer of tidings of a further slide of society into lust and objectification.

[1]
Definition from Dictionary.com

tawdry
[taw-dree]
adjective, tawdrier, tawdriest.
-- (of finery, trappings, etc.) gaudy; showy and cheap.
-- low or mean; base:
-- tawdry motives.

noun
-- cheap, gaudy apparel.

----------------------------------------------
YEAH ! That adjective sums it up to a T
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm

It's not limited to women! Men can have camel toes too, as Mr. Alex Lifeson (far left) demonstrates in his kimono below:

Bare_Truth wrote:So now let me pose a question to others here. Is there some sort of thing about camel toe as a topic that is driving the frequency at which it is cropping up, and will it pose a problem for naturism, and what opinions on the matter does anyone have to offer. I see the topic as flaunting sexuality and debauching the human form for prurient interests.

I'll note with Ramblinman that sometimes it just happens, like at the pool in a wet swimsuit. Perfectly innocuous on a woman's part in this case, but it may arouse or stimulate some guys. I remember during my brief scuba stint, training in the pool, that this happened to a girl in our class. Her bottoms were slipping down due to the gear strapped to her, she pulled them up probably a bit too high, and camel toe resulted. I don't think she knew, and no one told her. How can you? It probably would've been more embarrassing for her if she knew... you know, ignorance is bliss....

Unfortunately, just as with cleavage, some women flaunt camel toes. And, speaking of cleavage and camel toes, apparently there's a new trend called cleavag.... :roll: (I'll let y'all figure that one out)

RMOlson wrote:The first time I heard the term “camel toe” was from my pastor’s wife. I was doing some work in the office. She was talking with another gal occasionally bringing me in to the conversation. I had mostly stopped listening when that phrase caught my ear. I interrupted and asked her, “what is a camel toe?” She reluctantly explained while both of them went red faced.

:lol: Reminds me of a time recently when some friends and I were having to explain a urinal to a girl who apparently had no knowledge of them....
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:32 am

Maverick wrote:..............
Unfortunately, just as with cleavage, some women flaunt camel toes. And, speaking of cleavage and camel toes, apparently there's a new trend called cleavag.... :roll: (I'll let y'all figure that one out).......

Well, a few years ago shortly before I retired, I was conducting an "Engineering Machine Design" exam in the "computer lab" as the computers were required for some of the computations on the exam. One young woman was exercising the "low rider" fasion style and was showing about 3 or 4 inches of gluteal cleavage as her posture had a sharp forward lean as she sat in front of the computer leaning forward with her elbows on the table.

It seems that there are now 3 forms of clevage being exhibited / exploited by various women, namely: Pectoral! Gluteal! and Vaginal!

It is clothing that makes these cleavages a focal point of appearance, Simple nudity does not heighten focus on these parts and cause them to be flaunted. Nudity would be much more feminine, chaste, and tasteful.

I have not yet encountered an incident in which the clothing enhanced cleavage trifecta was on display, but surely it cannot be far off if indeed it is not the practice somewhere already!
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

It's not limited to women! Men can have camel toes too

On men it's called a "moose knuckle".
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Well, it is a step toward gender equality, until women cry foul and start to objecting to our encroachment on their fashion styles.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Next

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism