What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby webmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

On the road...while in Mesa Verde National Park got to run Knife Edge Trail naked. Nice early morning run... :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm

So, the wife and I and five other guys from church went on a mission trip to Africa week before last. We were working on a construction project for some missionary friends of ours.

There wasn't much opportunity to do anything "naturally" apart from a couple of "bucket baths" as we were surrounded by many local women and children, and though we did see some people bathing in a creek bed along the side of the road, the country we were in is fairly "prudish" in practice.

However, although I had spent the entire week climbing up and down ladders, working over my head and bent over, it wasn't until after we had been home for three days that my back decided to argue with me... make that "scream at me!!!". Somehow, in the comfort of my own home, without doing anything EXTREME that I can recall, I caused a disk to bulge in my lower back, pinching enough nerves that I could barely walk and even the tiniest movement resulted in a loud grunt or scream. I went to the doctor, who can normally to a manipulation and have me back and running within a day, but who said he could not do so this time without an x-ray and then an MRI. As it is, I am having to wait a week before the MRI and another week before I can get an injection to reduce the inflammation.

So, for the last week, I have been home, resting and barely moving, and I mean "barely" moving. I have been drinking lots of water and other fluids which makes me make several visits to the restroom per day. It is painful just to get there, but far more so to have to bend over to lift the seat or pull pants down or up, so I remained nude 99.9% of the time. Apart from the pain, it was a very nice week. As a bonus, I found that the pain would subside some if I laid in the sun for about 20-minutes at a time on my belly.

NOT the way I would prefer to do things "naturally", but very glad that we live in a house and that I have a wife which allows me the option.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby naturaldon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 pm

When you said "barely moving," I kinda figured it had a dual meaning. Hope you get to feeling better and that the Great Physician ultimately prevails.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 am

Natman, let me add my wishes along with Naturaldon's for hoping you will soon feel better.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:45 am

Check out this article. Maybe you need to try this therapy, I did and feel great. https://healthimpactnews.com/2018/dr-ro ... my-career/

Jerry Slege
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 am

Just another routine task but doing it nude was advantageous. ........
As some point I will probably just have all the windows in the house replaced but until then I have to keep what I have in working condition. A second window has had the corner of the lower sash deteriorate into wood crumbs. Rot get into the wood, bacteria do their thing and then maybe insects move in maybe not. this time some variety of tiny ants decided this was a nice playground. But they were just taking advantage of the situation and were not apparantly causitive. Nudity played a part as the weather has turned hot and muggy. and the slight breeze wafting in the window feel like the breath of a blast furnance. Hence working sans clothing was a blessing. The fact that the window was on the west side of the house where there is no shade and the work was done in the afternoon and the sun was little restrained by the very thin overcast made Nudity all the more advantage.

The task was basically one of removing the sash. scraping away the rotted wood (about 50 % of everything within 4 inches of the corner of the sash. Inserting tiny brads into the remaining reasonably sound wood, to improve the security of the replacement filler, and then affixing some thin slats to make a form to retain the filler material in the proper shape. The filler used was Bondo which hardens so fast that it has to be applied in small layers because there is not time enough for a large batch.

Working nude helped with the temperature and humidity issues, however it did impose some extra precautions as one would not want to get freshly catalyzed Bondo on tender skin and the use of acetone for cleanup of the soft mixture requires care for the same reasons. But with a modicume of care nude is satisfactory for suchwork in hot weather. material was molded and then shaved with a very sharp chisel while still not full hard, and then sanded. The brads driven into the wood provide a mechanical grip for the bondo as an auxilliary to the chemical bond that the bondo develops, and a few pieces of stiff wire bent into L shapes were also embedded much like re-bar in concrete as the repair was at a corner.

Because of the extremely rapid setting of the bondo material the repair of the sash was accomplished in about an hour, and the removal and reinstallation accounted for about another 45 minutes to an hour each for removal and then reinstallation. Hopefully painting can be done tomorrow, and the repair should last more than long enough to schedule a complete window replacement with modern windows can be done all at once.

It was just another task carried out because.
-- I could !
AND
-- Most everything is better and more fun done nude. :D

Those are the two strongest reasons I post so many of these mundane tasks in this strip. Such postings show how little we really need clothes! It is part of establishing a proper naturist outlook and lifestyle. :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism