What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

And just this afternoon I was up at the top of a 16 ladder with a 12 inch curved pruning saw in my hand cutting off a tree limb. I had previously attemptd to saw it off with a chain saw but manuvering the chain saw was too awkward and a bit dangerous So I quit for the day and did not get back to for a week. So this PM while naked I decided to try it again with a different saw. I did so and it worked just fine. although it was oak it was green and not dead so it sawed easily and made a slow break rather than snapping off. Then I tossed the saw down and undid the ratcheting load binder strap and descended to take the ladder down. It is a folding ladder so I folded it and got the hand truck to take it and another ladder back to where I store them.

The branch was the last one that had to come down. Black Jack oaks send out their branches high and they hang down low at the far end. This one was blocking the way into my "woodland" (see previous posts". I am trying to make the area easily accessable to travel trailers and this branch hung low enough to tangle with roof top accessories on such vehicles. All of this is with the intent to make a nice place to have a Christian Naturist Meet Up on my place perhaps this fall or next spring. Though I have only about 20 acres, I have about 2 miles of looping & criscrossing foot paths in my woods, and open fields for Volly Ball etc. and of course my 1.8 acre pond for fishing and two clearings in the woods for tents if anyone wants a more secluded camp site. With all the branches I have cleared there would be plenty of campfire size limb wood to burn and much of that already dead and dried for a year or more.

A few of the folks here have been to my place and can attest that I live on an "all weather road' (last 0.6 miles, 2 lane well maintained gravel) the rest paved, and from the driveway to the woodland is the top of a ridge of well drained clay soil, a straight shot across the Grassy field. The pond is privately stocked, so no limits, no seasons, no species restrictions. So I think I can accommodate camping fairly well.

In the near term I will have to be out of state for much of August - September into the first part of October for some medical work, so not too much availability then but into hunting season there might be some chance for some cool weather camping but by spring things should get reasonable at some point.

None of which is to say that we should not take every opportunity to enjoy MoNatureMan's hospitality when it is available because nice as my woodland might be, his 112 acres is just so much more roomy.
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Wow, Bare_Truth, you’ve certainly been busy and you “modes” 20 acres certainly sounds like a wonderful location to roam naked and free. I hope all will go well regarding your medical treatment.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:37 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Wow, Bare_Truth, you’ve certainly been busy and you “modes” 20 acres certainly sounds like a wonderful location to roam naked and free. I hope all will go well regarding your medical treatment.
Jim

JimShedd112 wrote: I hope all will go well regarding your medical treatment.

Thanks Jim, Although the Dr's noted several anomalies to my case in the preliminaries every one of them has so far proven to be of no difficulty to overcome, persistance, or particular difficulty to overcome, and each attempt to deal with them has proven to be efficacious. The prognosis is excellent.

JimShedd112 wrote:you’ve certainly been busy............ 20 acres certainly sounds like a wonderful location to roam naked and free.
Early on I started cutting trails through the land we had acquired. and I was finally able to seriously start to practice naturism. I found that walking the trails was ideal for prayer and meditation, especially the meditation and opening myself up to God's leading in my life. It was a great way to get to understand the land we had acquired and to understand how it might best be used. and how to be a steward of it. We had found a flaw in the title but had purchased it with title insurance and by the time the flaw was straightened out the size of our holding essentially doubled from 10 to 20 acres with a corrected and cleaned up title, (a real blessing). I initially laid out the trails to enhance access to the wildlife and hunting, but then found that they were even more effective to aid prayer and meditation, (especially the meditation). And I found that the more natural state in which I could experience the the trails and remove the trappings of the world, the easier and more effective was the meditation. Accordingly I was more motivated to expand the trail system. My naturist activity and my land development and religious growth sort of expanded simultaneously and synergistically. I had spent the previous 3 decades in urban/semi-urban areas, and when retirement came I was blessed to return to a more Micah 4:4 condition.

####################
In Micah 4:4, Micah wrote: 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Your property sounds like paradise. I'm so happy the title error worked in your favor. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your "little piece of heave" for many years to come.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:57 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Your property sounds like paradise. I'm so happy the title error worked in your favor. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your "little piece of heave" for many years to come.
Jim

Well, Jim I suppose with respect to your "Hope" all I can say is "Me too".
As to the title error, The surveyor was taking a slice off the back of my "presumed" 10 acres that was cutting 70 feet into my land on one end and about 20 feet on the other end. The settlement for the title error. As luck would have it my neighbor had the better claim to the land in question but the "10 acres behind my 10, he did not really want because he wanted to be able to sell off his holding in several chunks and had the surveyor cut it up and mark it for future sales, But any way he cut it the to his liking the 10 behind me came out "land locked" so he approached me to see if I would buy it, but he was asking way high. Once I got the settlement from the title insurance I worked out a counter offer with him at a more reasonable price and an agreement I would pay for a corrected survey and necessary 4 deeds to clean up the county records and pay for a new 4 strand barbed wire fence (minimum legal boundary fence here in MO). All that left me just enough for the MIG-welder I wanted for my shop :D . I deeded the front 20 feet of my neighbor's land across the road to my neighbor (about 1/4 acre) as I owned the entire front 20 feet of his property (countyhad put the road in the wrong place to avoid a deep gully). My objective being that when they carry me out of here feet first, I want my widow and/or heirs to have clear and uncontested title to the place.

As I enjoy the ownership of this propert,y I think it would be nice to share it with others, hence my thoughts about a meet-up occasionally. I had the corrected title merge the piecies I own into a single deed, hopefull the place does not fall into the hands of some "flipper" or developer as it is a most enjoyable package as is. The two special assets on the land are the house 1200 sq ft with full Driveout/Walkout basement and attached large 1car garage. and a 1.8 acre pond (the largest in this part of the county). The realestate agent tell me that a flipper/developer would probably want to chop the place up into pieces all with access to the pond and get several building lots in addition to the one with the house. But that would simply ruin the natural environment and destroy the hunting by driving out the wildlife. So when I go, I hope it gets sold as a unit to someone who values it for reasons like my own.I have talked with my wife and kids about trying to advertise it to the folks here. With a machine shop occupying about 1/3 of the basement and space for a ground floor basement bedroom and 3 BR and 2 bathrooms on the first floor the otherwise simple house has its charms for a family with kids. and with a basement that you can drive a car or tractor or pickup in next to the machine shop, what son would love to have a bedroom next to an all weather space to work on his car or motorcycle (or maybe he would have to negotiate with his dad for it.

But for the present time I plan on enjoying it, as naked as is practical. :D Oh, did Imention that I have harvested several deer off of it, the pond gets geese all the time, the Bass and crapies bite pretty good and the turkeys show up in flocks of 20 or so quite regularly in the fall and spring. And the garden spot is now quite fertile since I have developed it.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Bare_Truth, I like your total approach to going natural.
Nature left to its own devices will yield, in many parts of the world, a fairly good system, but we humans were put on this Earth to fine tune it, to enhance the productivity and beauty in a sustainable way, something that we can pass down to the next generation undiminished in other words. Permaculture principles seem to be the best embodiment of working with natural principles to achieve our Edenic mission set forth by the Creator Himself at the dawn of humanity's sojourn on this planet.

We create ponds, channel water in ways that conserve rainwater and slow down flood waters, bring in shade trees at strategic spots, create "rooms" of sunny grassy glades with flower beds arranged in order of ascending height from front to back, open up paths between these highly managed features of our landscape, having mulch, sand or other soft materials appropriate for bare feet, and have food plants that will deliver reliable nourishment throughout the year: fruit trees, berry bushes, vegetable and herb beds. We need not go all the way back to the house for a snack, it will be found throughout our property. Depleted soil can be amended with time into rich topsoil. Humans seem built to be in and out of the water. Having a lake on one's property is ideal, but even a stream can be dammed and deepened for a refreshing dip. And all this in a wider context of woodlands and meadows that will sustain wildlife for our food, enjoyment and the glory of God. Lastly, as needed, we provide privacy in the form of fencing and privacy hedges, bamboo and dense evergreen trees that allow us to roam the land in a state of nudity for optimum health during the milder seasons of the year, and perhaps even an invigorating air bath for a few moments on a brisk winter day.

This to me is nudism at its best: man and woman in their natural state in their natural environment.
And because we are body, soul and spirit, setting aside specific places for meditation and prayer augment the natural tendency to pray anywhere we go in our strolls throughout the landscape. It is indeed helpful and contributes toward living life as God intended.

I commend your efforts and hope that others in our community here and CNVillage will help us create a real world network of naturist refuges, connected in Christian friendship.
I used to be a member of an active "non-landed" club. The name is an irony because several of our members had quite a bit of private land for nude gatherings.
The club no longer is active, not entirely sure why, but it was great while it lasted.

I am still living in a crowded city but as funds allow, I hope to adapt some of your ideas to my much more confined space.

At present, I am venturing out every other morning to take vegetable scraps to my compost bins and have the privacy of shrubs to make that journey without wearing a stitch. I stop along the way, pull a few weeds, survey my raised beds and consider plans for expanding a backyard enclosure that will expand my season for nudity, but really my part of the US is so warm that there are few days when I cannot be naked outdoors. In the coldest months it might be a few minutes in the winter sun where the wind is blocked. Right now, even the nights are warm enough to pad around in the lawn barefoot and nude.

A few years ago I had an extensive system of reed fencing that made most of my yard private, but they are delicate and gradually gave way to winter storms, falling branches and natural decay. It will take some time to restore the fencing, probably with more substantial cedar board and 4x4 posts. Here and there shrubs help provide privacy, but I need more.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Although I am working toward a naturist meet up at my place, I also function in the textile world. That led to me mentioning to the pastor of the congreation I meet with (textile alas) that I have space for outdoor recreation that I have improved and which might serve an outing for the congregation. To that end I prepared some images to fill him in on the status of my land as he has visited here before but has not seen the "woodland" (See at:https://mdc.mo.gov/property/improve-my-property/habitat-management/forest-and-woodland-management/wooded-ecosystems for a better grasp of just a "woodland" is.) I have shown pictures before but not perhaps so illustrative of what I am referring to. The text which serves as an explanatory extensive caption is quoted from the e-mail to the pastor.

Woodland_Clearing-s.jpg
Left click image for better resolution
The above figure is the 85 x 30 clearing at the south end of the space I refer to the "woodland" At the right far end of the clearing you can make out the part I call the "fairway" where I find the golf balls that the previous owner did not when he drove them. At the south west corner of the clearing is the gate (not shown) into the back 10 acres. My woodland trails contain something like 2 miles of criss-corssing foot paths and roads as well as two clearings suitable for tents in case of a camping event.

Clearing_Seen_From_Fairway-s.jpg
Left click image for better resolution
This picture is taken at about the middle of the "Fairway" looking back towards the clearing On a hot sunny day this would be the place to camp or hold a meeting and you can see some of what the interior of the woodland part of the location looks like. Just off to the left of the image is an even larger open level area for setring up recreational space on a larger scale, if the clearing in the background did not suffice or if someone wanted space to park cars. or space to make for a safe fire pit for a Weenie Roast / Ox Roast, etc.

In my concept as to how a naturist meet up would go, this is the prime area to use as a base. In the middle of my property the clearing is 220 yards from the road and back fence and 110yards through woods from either side fence. So a whole campground of naked people would require a dedicated textile with binoculars or a drone to see anything other than someone on one of the trails or fishing in the pond.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Bare_Truth, your place is absolutely beautiful. I hope it can be preserved, as is, into perpetuity. The purple flowers just accent the already incredible beauty.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:34 am

Great photos!
In my mind's eye, I am seeing outdoor festivals, singalongs, arts and crafts events, scavenger hunts, sack races, volleyball or badminton courts, petanque, minature golf, horseshoes, darts, archery, cookouts, nature study classes.
If we could bring naturists from far and wide, with only minimal equipment, the land would not need much more than lawn mowing and trail clearing to be a paradise.
Naturists love water, so a pool would be great, but you have to start somewhere.

If you had to appeal to a broader audience to break even, you could host it as a general campground most of the year, but have a naturist week or two in the middle of the summer.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Great suggestions Ramblinman. Back on subject, I spent some time nude on the computer this afternoon trying to fix s connection issue between the printer/copier/fax and computer. Think I’ve figured it out, not connecting via my WiFi due to incorrect input on my part.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 am

Welcome back, Jim! If you were able to post here, you definitely figured out what needed doing.
And fixing a computer network is just one more on the giant list of things one can do without clothes.

Yesterday, it was blazing hot and rain is still a day or two away, so I stripped off every stitch, went out the back door, entering my semi-private back yard and commenced watering all the potted plants. I moved a big pile of leaves away from the house and to the compost boxes. Last week, I had hired a contractor to paint the eaves of the house and he had to move my greenhouse back. Well, I shouldn't have been surprised to see a big pile of leaves back there that had dropped out of site between the house and greenhouse. Leaves near the house were a nuisance and fire hazard, but in the compost pile will be next year's topsoil.

And in addition to everything else I made some vitamin D! If you don't give 100% of your body to the sunshine, you are not making D efficiently.
Right before it was time to go back indoors, I turned the hose on myself when the sun and exertion began taking a toll. This work is way more comfortable than it would have been wearing clothes.
The tap water is comfortably cool this time of year (although it runs hot from the hose for the first few seconds).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Great photos!

Glad you liked them. they are a great way to be lazy :D The saying goes that one good picture is worth a thousand words. I am too lazy to write that ! much. and besides who would read the novel that a few good images represent :wink: I find that the pictures will often elicit more interaction by way of responses than anything I might write and are less prone to misinterpretation when presented to a like minded and intelligent group such as this.

Ramblinman wrote: In my mind's eye, I am seeing outdoor festivals, singalongs, arts and crafts events, scavenger hunts, sack races, volleyball or badminton courts, petanque, minature golf, horseshoes, darts, archery, cookouts, nature study classes.

You have a very active "minds eye" But keep it up as there are lots of good ideas in there. Some of those would be easily achieved options, especially some of those recreational physical activities.

The cookouts would require a good bit of care as the naturist months can be the fire hazard months The quickest way to add safety infrastructure features would be to pour a concrete pad and put up a cooking facility in the middle, either a wood fired raised barbecue or even a propane fired cooking aparatus.

Nature study classes would require an informed instructor, do we have one? Can we invite one?

A safe fire pit with a masonry and/or rock fire ring would be a nice addition to sit around in the evening

I have looked into (just preliminary) what it would take to run a plastic pipe (think polymer irrigation coil pipe, or maybe PEX) to put in a frost proof hydrant or two at the necessary 150 or 200 yards from the meter, (we have metered county water here. That would provide potable water, (and fire control water).

Ramblinman wrote: If you had to appeal to a broader audience to break even, you could host it as a general campground most of the year, but have a naturist week or two in the middle of the summer.

That is one that won't fly with me, Any commercialization is strictly out. I do not need in my retirement all the bureaucratic hassle nor would I want to give up the right to discriminate.

Discriminate: verb, to note or observe a difference; distinguish accurately

I for one would not care to be forced to accomodate one religious group I have no affinity for just because I accomodated one that I do support. The local gathering of wiccans to dance around a bonfire at the full moon before they go out to gather sacred herbs while naked, (well ok the naked part is ok :wink: ) or observance of holy days like Samhain, Imbloc, Beltane, Mabon, Lugnasa etc. which are not religious holidays I particularly support. Also, there are certain "behavorial practices" that are on my list of objections I do not wish to support with my property or its facilities. Apparantly the trend is that if you allow one you have to allow all on an equal basis.

Ramblinman wrote: If you had to appeal to a broader audience to break even,
I cannot see how I would ever have to "break even"...... We own it outright and it doesn't have to make any money for us, we can just enjoy it as it is and however we choose (within the laws of God and man of course). Not that we don't strive to make the land productively serve us, our goals and our community. We frequently take buckets and bags of fresh garden produce to the food bank and also to our church congregation and neighbors. Some of their children have even referred to me as the "Veggie man"! :D :wink: ... Gardening is a hobby of mine and the wife chips in with some of the weeding and harvest. Right now I have opened communication with the local home schooling organization to see if they would like to take the firewood I have obtained from dead and dying trees (mostly oak) I have suggested that if they bring pickup trucks their youth can sell it at the farmer's market as a fund raiser.

Ramblinman wrote: .... with only minimal equipment, the land would not need much more than lawn mowing and trail clearing to be a paradise.

Naturists love water, so a pool would be great, but you have to start somewhere.

From the pictures, I would seem to already have the necessary capital equipment for the maintenance and even land improvements. Water related improvments would be a different thing. The pond has a clay bottom and just as the soil in my lawn and field and forest tends to push up angular rocks, so does the pond bottom so walking on the pond bottom is not all that pleasant as a sand bottom would be. Being stocked with fish and other natural wildlife using it the pond can get a bit of natural pond odor, (essence of fish) so fishing or paddling a boat around are about the limit for most people.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism