What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:26 pm

Bare-Truth, I wasn’t aware of your cancer and certainly not the recurrence; however, I’m so pleased to learn all has gone well. I hope the latest treatment has indeed eradicated the cancer.

I’m happy for you you were able to get in the nude mowing outdoors as well. It’s been awhile since I gotten naked either indoors or outdoors except to sleep and I’ve certainly missed it.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Bare-Truth, I wasn’t aware of your cancer and certainly not the recurrence; however, I’m so pleased to learn all has gone well. I hope the latest treatment has indeed eradicated the cancer.
I was not sure just who I had mentioned it to, so I just figured that now that the news is favorable, I could share it with those who could rejoice with me broadly as well as those who might benefit from what I was able to relate about the experience. Final evaluation will require months more because the cancer cells often do not die until they try to reproduce by division so they exist until they try to grow.

JimShedd112 wrote:I’m happy for you you were able to get in the nude mowing outdoors as well. It’s been awhile since I gotten naked either indoors or outdoors except to sleep and I’ve certainly missed it.
I was surprised how much better I felt for the experience and getting out in the fresh air and sunshine. It has consistently had a positive effect on me to get "naturist time" out in nature. As I became a naturist I observed that such "naturist time" was a powerful benefit for prayer and meditation. The interesting secondary observation was that my reluctant but supportive wife observed the same effect such time had on me. And the next observer may turn out to be my doctor because my blood pressure shows a stubborn resistance to coming down and the drugs don't produce the desired effect but after getting nude time outdoors today my blood pressure was the best it has been in months. :D Just the improvement in my composure seems to be the operative mechanism.

Bare_Truth
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 am

I'm thankful for your recovery and pray it may continue.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am

Jim wrote:I'm thankful for your recovery and pray it may continue.

Amen to that!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Great news Bare-Truth!!!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Well I hope my posts here are well received, because it looks like I will be making them for some time to come. Guarded optimism seems to be in order.
-------------------------------
-- A short course in PSA and its implications for prostate health and status with respect to potential need for or progress with treatment of prostate cancer

<4.0 no indication of cancer but sinewhere around 4.0 it should be monitored to see if it is increasing

>=4.0 further testing or biopsy indicated

Significantly > 4.0 Cancer suspected

> 10 Baring other reasons like a prostate or urinary infection etc. cancer is virtually certain and probably growing - Biopsy needed
-------------------------------------------

My highest PSA reading when this current cancer treatment regime was started, 70 :shock:
--------------------
I just got my first "post treatment" PSA results. The results were " 0.1.....almost undetectable" !

This result could be from either the "Lupron-Hormone Blocade" or the results of 33 doses of radiation treatment, or both. WHOOPIE ! :biggrin: and the best explanation would be if it is primarily the radiation treatment.
----------------------
The objective of treatment is to achieve a PSA that is both LOW and STABLE! We have definitely nailed the "LOW" requirement! Even a value 10 to 20 times that much would be regarded as a healthy Prostate in need of no attention. Now all that is necessary is to monitor the PSA level for a YEAR or TWO! but that can't really start until my check up in about a month, and the Lupron Hormone treatment will be continued for about 6 months after that. Then if it remains low and stable after that we can be pretty sure that I won't have to deal with it again. :fantastic:

But at the present time the results would be hard pressed or impossible to be any better than they are. :biggrin: The prayers and show of concern have been greatly appreciated.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Bare_Truth, I’m certainly glad to see your posts since it means your health seems to be improving. Thanks for the information on the meanings of PSA readings.

As far as the topic, I did get about one hour of nude sunbathing in mid-morning in very comfortable temps, didn’t even break a sweat.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 pm

I did get a bit off topic, so as penance, I will recount how that with the positive feedback, my exhuberance level was up and as I had mentioned the previous day, I had to catch up on my mowing activities. One of the things that I previously used my riding mower for was to blow the grass clippings into wind rows for easy gathering of mulch, but with my 5 foot rotary mower which only has front and rear openings out from under the deck, everything gets thoroughly chopped and dispersed. HOWEVER, I noticed that if the grass is a bit damp and especially if it is long, something else happens. The rotary motion of the blade throws all the clippings against the left inside of the deck from whence it falls off in windrows. spaced 5 feet apart.

So today I went out and raked up the windrows. Concentrating the clippings into more concentrated rows, then I move along those rows pushing them into piles and then pushing the piles into bigger piles This is a new technique with the same objective as the old one but done differently.

As the weather is humid when I cut damp grass, there is an even greater impetus to do the raking naked. because one can get oppressively sweaty otherwise. The technique benefits from the mower deck being 5 feet wide as a wider deck makes fewer, but bigger, wind rows. The raking goes faster with bigger rows, but the work is, as I say, sweaty, but I enjoy such labor so long as I can stay cool. Then threre is the problem that people driving past my driveway can see into my lawn area where I am working. To alleviate this issue of a gap in my bamboo privacy hedge, I have planted a strategic array of weeping willows in the front and side yards. These grow fast and some are already of a useful size in providing screening against probing eyes for everywhere but right in front of the house. Fortunately the gravel road is noisy enough that I can hear approaching cars trucks and school busses.

So in terms of what I actally got done today while naked, I can say I raked the lawn, and tomorrow I will likely be out again, pitchforking the multiple piles of "mulch (to be) into the trailer or a 30 gallon garbage can for transport of the mulch to strategic locations near the garden.

As I may have mentioned, one side effect of the radiation treatments is fatigue and degradation of some neurological/muscle function and physical activity and exertion is a prescribed activity to aid in recovery. Of course doing it nude just makes it that much better. That part of my recovery also seems to be going well. The other planned activity is catching up on the garden harvest. I have several varieties of potato to dig (various experiments to see what grows well and tastes good. There is also my customary sweet Potato harvest which is often my biggest crop, half of which I usually give away to the local food bank. I have excess as I usually plant way more than our needs to assure an ample harvest should we have some sort of animal depradations (e.g. deer) or possibly some plant disease problem.

Having been gone for a month of treatments, I have been left a good bit behind on the garden, but fortunately it came at a time when not much needed to be done other than watering which the wife and rains took care of. Accordingly the extra activity to catch up is coming at a time when it integrates nicely with my small amount of recovery exercise needed.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:00 am

BT it is sure great to see you back to workin the land...always great to see all you do and how you explain it to us :) Good to see you back! :D God Bless
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Having cut the grass and raked it as of yesterday, the next problem is to get it out of the lawn before it kills everything under it. To that end I proceeded as follows.
Grass_Pickup.JPG
Left click for better resolution

Frame 1 shows me loading the wet grass piles in the back yard. Placing the grass in my 30 gallon can on the hand truck.
Frame 2 shows me in the front yard using the pitch fork with a raking motion to disentangle the wet grass piles from the lawn with a raking motion, so that they can be placed in the can.
Frame 3 shows how cleanly the pile, once raked will now separate from the lawn
Frame 4 shows the yield of wet grass soon to compost into mulch where I dumped the 45 gallons of wet grass beside the garden in anticipation of next year's plantings.

It feels so good to be back to life as normal after a month at the cancer treatment center and to again be doing my regular routine as I work off the side effects of the cancer treatment. Fortunately I have not encountered too much in the way of side effects and can look forward to elimination of those and a full recovery. I would much rather be forking wet grass into mulch piles than hanging around a medical facility regardless of how helpful and supportive they were. Now, if I can just figure out the logistics of having a naturist-get-together-and camp-out weekend and get it to happen when we have some nice indian summer weather.........
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Being back in your natural element in the natural state, what better way to recover from what ails you?
I am glad for you, Bare_Truth!

Lately, we had a recent spell of hot weather, hot enough for some October skinny dipping in fact.
I snaked my way through the brush and vines to a creek where the clear waters are, at times, chest deep.
It was fun to wander along the creek and sometimes swim my way down the creek for a remarkably long way.
Clothes were totally unnecessary here and were left bagged under a tree well off the trail for retrieval at the end of my natural rambling.
Found a tasty muscadine grape hanging on the vine. Improbably late season, but there it was just the same, refreshing and grapey!
In most years, there is no October skinny dipping in these parts, just too chilly.
I resolve to start swimming early next year enjoying much more of the hot months in my natural state.
I need to patch the privacy fence here and there.
Although swimming season is drawing to a close, there will be plenty of mild sunny afternoons for nude yard work.
Although January is not a banner month for nudity, there will be a few afternoons where nudity is quite comfortable, particularly when working on dry, sunny windless days.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Spent an afternoon at Laguna del Sol near Sacramento on my return trip from Lodi, on Saturday, October 13.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Unfortunately, nothing today. While I thought I’d sunbathe the sky clouded over and it became breezy which lasted off and on the rest of the day. It was simply to chilly to enjoy any nude time.
Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Unfortunately, nothing today. While I thought I’d sunbathe the sky clouded over and it became breezy which lasted off and on the rest of the day. It was simply to chilly to enjoy any nude time.
Jim

Jim,
I think we all would like to see a bit of Indian summer soon.
Where I used to live, I enclosed my stoop in plastic and set out a lawn chair; the sun would come streaming in and it was a delightful refuge for me.
My greenhouse is so choked with plants (of my own choosing) that I don't have the chair space that I used to.
So, I think it is time to gather staples, lathe strips, plastic and wood screws to cobble together a new winter refuge.
I'd love to have a sauna. Even on a cloudy day, you can toss another log into the fire and bring summer back in a big way.
I like the way sauna connects me with my Finnish ancestors.
I am a genetic Whitman sampler of various European countries and I try to honor the heritage from each of them.
For some folks, sauna is such a wonderful way to spend the winter that they would become honorary Finn for the season.
Just the way everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's day. Although I draw the line at green beer and green corned beef. :mrgreen:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism