What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Good for you naturaldon. Glad you had a pleasant Louisiana day. Wish I could say I’ve skinny dipped in more than one state and I suppose slipping my swimsuit down in a jacuzzi in Utah doesn’t count since I never fully took it off.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Fun topic! Skinny dipping across America.
So far I have been skinny dipping in these states:
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia.

Oh, I have been nude sunbathing in Colorado, but no water was nearby. Dry skinny dipping? :roll:
And I went skinny dipping in an indoor pool at a nudist event in New Jersey. Does that count?

And one almost skinny dip: On one occasion, I was a few hundred yards from Black's Beach in California, but didn't know there was a nude beach there!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Done lots of things unnaturally lately, just a little naturally. Most of what comes my way to be done can't be done naturally. But in time change happens, the time will come when I can work naturally all the time. And it's starting to get cold as winter moves in, more limiting factor to natural living.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Temperatures combined with wind have definitely made it uncomfortable to be nude here the last couple of days and will continue for the next few dats according tobyesterday’s Weather forecast. I hate to see winter approach and just hope it’ll be a mild one as it has been for the last few years.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Temperatures combined with wind have definitely made it uncomfortable to be nude here the last couple of days and will continue for the next few dats according tobyesterday’s Weather forecast. I hate to see winter approach and just hope it’ll be a mild one as it has been for the last few years.

Jim

Unfortunately for many of us, I think it's going to be a colder, wetter winter. I saw something in the news the other day saying that thirty (that's 30!) states are already experiencing colder-than-normal temperatures.

Of course, the Farmer's Almanac predicted a cooler, wetter summer for my region and it was just as hot and parched as it ever is. We'll have to wait and see what winter brings. :roll:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:51 am

Maverick, I certainly hope at least Southern Nevada isn’t accurately incliluded in the prediction though we may be due since we’ve had quite a few mild winters in a row here during the 25 years my wife and I have now lived here. Yes, we have had a couple of winters in which snow actually fell here in the valley but nothing like the cold which occurred some time before we moved here when there was a hard freeze for several days which resulted in broken water pipes for many since they’re normally buried no more than about six inches below the surface and many without freeze resistant valves, etc.

By the way, my vehicle thermometer dinged at 39 degrees just as I returned home about 6:00 after dropping my daughter at work. As I started the vehicle in the garage the temperature read 69 but dropped steadily to 40 as I dropped her off and then 39 as I turned onto my street to put the vehicle back in the garage and return to my bed to snuggles nude under the covers.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Jim, I hope that it's not as bad as I've heard, but I'll be realistic and expect colder temps than normal. :(

Our area is expecting its first freeze tomorrow night, which is sooner than normal, and our fall has already been cooler and wetter than normal. In October alone we doubled the amount of rainfall for the year!

I'm sure we both agree that snuggling nude under the covers is something naturists can enjoy during the winter months. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:47 pm

I enjoy snuggling under the covers any time, it is best when the house is cold and the blankets are warm. And, of course I am naked. How else would you snuggle in bed?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 pm

New_Adventurer wrote: How else would you snuggle in bed?

...With a faithful wife!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Maverick wrote:
I'm sure we both agree that snuggling nude under the covers is something naturists can enjoy during the winter months. :)

When it is reallll cold I have been know to stick the electric blanket under the upper covers for awhile before jumping in to the cold sheets :D
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Hmmmmmm, What have I done naturally lately.........
-- Temperature in the shade 58F (14.4 C)
-- Temperature in the sunshine 72 F (22.2 C)
-- Crystal clear sunny sky
-- wind velocity 0 and calm

I did what any self respecting naturist would do. I went for a walk of about 3/4 of a mile (1.2 Km) past the pond; across the grassy field; and through the woods; on my 20 acre land holding.

It was peaceful, georgious, and relaxing. I will have to do another one in about 2 weeks so that I can check off my record of at least one such nude excursion in each month of they year (which is no big thingy for our florida brethren but here on the ozark plateau some folks find that eccentric or insane. But December, January, and February most beople do think is insane, but as I have found, it is fairly easy to find a few days each month that will accomodate and occasionly even a week at a time. Albeit there are some stretches of a week or two when the weather does not accomodate at all. We are not in "Indian Summer" at the moment, but there is still hope that we may get a week or more of days that qualify. One would have to be rather frail or thin or cold blooded to not find multiple chances each year to meet my arbitrary goal. Occasionally one can do it at night, however at night an overcast is preferred because a clear winter night sky does not make it easy unless there is a rare "warm" winter night (relatively speaking.... and it better be calm! :shock: )

And what was I wearing for this excursion
### some slip on canvas shoes (for a few snowy spots, sharp pebbles sharp twigs etc.

### Glasses

### a baseball cap (the sun was about 30 degrees above the horizon and very bright in the clear sky) of coure as it is still Deer Gun Season the cap was bright orange :shock: :!:

### My wristwatch (lest I should stay out too long too late and miff my wife for not being available for my afternoon cup of home made soup or maybe even be late for supper time)

### And last but not least..... I was wearing a big, happy, serenely peaceful, smile (boardering on a big grin :fantastic: )

WISH YOU WERE HERE !
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Congratulations Bare_Truth on the fantastic weather and opportunity for you to enjoy it in the proper state. Unfortunately, I've not found opportunities in quite awhile (at least two weeks) but am craving the opporunity to get naked and free, indoors and/or out.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday.
Hmmmmmm, What have I done naturally lately.........
-- Temperature in the shade 62F (16.6 C)
-- Temperature in the sunshine 70 F (21.1C)
-- Crystal clear sunny sky
-- wind velocity maybe 2 mph (3.2 kph)and and no gusts
I only got about 25 minutes at about 3:pm but it was worth it and a shorter walk but it was similarly enjoyable. (see two posts above)
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:08 am

The last two days
Clear bright blue skies
Circa 3 to 4:30 Temperatures 60 to 70 F
Yesterday, dug the last of the potatoes
Today Mounted the subsoil plow to the tractor and subsoiled the garden 16 inches deep 3 passes E-W then N-S then E-W
Two productive Nude After noons in Two days pleasent and refreshing and prepped the garden for winter & next spring.

Using a sub soil plow does not invert the soil so it does not bury the top soil and spoil the soil profile. The soil here is prone to for a hard pan which is undesireable. I expect to repeat the subsoiling in the coldest weather this winter as a way to organically kill soil worms by freezing them by letting the cold weather penetrate deeper due to no cover layer of plant trash and lots of air penetration into the subsoil furrows.

For now I am enjoying nude fall gardening tasks during this warm spell.

With the subsoiler raked to a forward lean the chisel pulls the plow to the maximum depth causing it to run 16 inches deep. It is a single chisel and digs in hard enough to pull the tires down into the soil and the drag is sufficient to stall the forward motion If that happens I use the hydraulic lift to bring up the plow to restore motion and bring up any rocks or compressed clay chunks that are increasing the drag and stalling forward motion.

Now that the soil is well broken I plan to go back with the rotary tiller to refine the soil. 3 passes cross plowing should allow the tiller to run so deep that the entire tine shaft is running below the surface of the soil. With the tail board up it should be able to bring up rocks for easy picking to further refine the soil.

I don't have to wait for World Naked Gardening Day to enjoy nude gardening to start my 2019 nude gardening.

Nude.......... It is the only way to garden ! :fantastic:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Sometimes I think I am over posting when I post after the previous post was also by me, but seeing as how the last post on this strip was 19 days or nearly 3 weeks ago, I won't let that bother me.

We were having lots of rain and plenty of cold (lower teens which is what passes for plenty of cold around here..... accompanied by plenty of complaints about the weather and ponds freezing over and the like for the last week or three,) Also and there were plenty of predictions for snow but nothing significant materialized.

With that as a background, when today turned out to be sunny with moderate breeze and the temperature turned out to be 57 F in the shade and 65 F in the sun (11.1C to 14.6 C ) I just had to get out for some December Nude Woods Walking! I moseyed thrugh my woods for about an hour. That was made all the more plesent because the lack of leaves letting the sun through while the brush and random cedar trees broke the breeze to even milder breezyness in the just past midday afternoon.

It being just a bit past noon, it was georgeus and a lovely way to spend an hour entirely starkers as I moseyed about and thought about what manner of improvements I might make in anticipation of a nude get-together I would like to host come spring, say about March, or April.

I have been wondering if that might not be a good time to invite the new young couple who have bought MoNatureMan's place. It might be a good opportunity for some of us to get to know them and vice versa as well as a friendly gesture to a couple wishing to explore naturism. The fact that they now possess what is probably the finest naturist camping venue on the ozark plateau in Missouri, which, at its 112 acres, dwarfs my more modest 20 acres. (Ok mine has all weather, county maintained, gravel road to within 100 yards of my front door, with places to camp within 50 yards and closer to the 1.8 acre pond and many still within in reach of a 50-100 foot extension cord and lots of areas at "near level" access from the road.

Oh and for any fisher persons, that 1.8 acre pond is private and stocked so there are :
-- No limits
-- No seasons
-- All present species allowed
-- All Methods
And should you fall in and come out cold and fishy smelling, a nice hot & cold hose Plus a real shower within 50 yards in the basement bathroom.

So, be ye encouraged, naturist weather opportunities in missouri still exist (granted they may be a bit sparser com January & February, but I am still able to find at least one naturist day every month and usually more than one and often a week at a time. March is a lovely naturist month here. And only a modicum of care and no sun block works fine all March to get that start on a protective tan all March and come April you can do several hours gardening most any day with just a shirt to cover up after the first hour or two if it is sunny. There isn't too much hardship for a naturist this far south in Missouri :D :lol:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism