What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm

The first thing I did was get out of bed nude. Next, I slipped a robe on to keep the chill off my back and shoulders. I also leave the front open, so I am somewhat nude. We had a light dusting of snow last night so when I went out onto the deck to feed the cat and dog my bare naked feet left snow prints across the deck. Silly walking barefooted across a snow covered deck, but being naked brings the silly child I once was out to play. :dance:
Had to dress and go to town for a work out and a stop at the local Amish store. When I returned home my wife was leaving for the afternoon which means I get to spend the afternoon naked. So I did some house hold chores, called a new customer to schedule an appointment for next week, and soaked in the hot tub.
Oh, it was only 39 degrees today, but the sun was nice a warm and I was able to enjoy some time on the deck soaking up the sun and enjoying the cold snow on the bottom of my feet. I know its silly standing barefoot on a snow covered deck, but being naked brings the silly inner child in me out to play. :dance:
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 am

Of late my naturist activities have been curtailed a bit by my broken leg and the weather (cold dreary overcast etc). So yesterday, when it hit the 60's with bright sunshine, and barely a breeze, I just had to get out and get into my woods for a walk. I got at least a half mile of walking (somewhat like a half mile of hobbling) but I made it all the way to the back of the property and back, without adverse incident. I decided that I would mention for the benefit of others should a similar injury befall them the evidence and technique that can be used to keep up the naturist activities instead of going nuts with "cabin fever" while "holed up" in the house for months "while driving the spouse to distraction.

As my custom is I did a photo documentation that mighthelp.
Stance_Annotated.jpg
left click for larger image and higher resolution

Some people seem to think that we naturists -nudists are crazy but when it comes to lifting the depression of overcast weather we are simply motivated to get out in the sunlight, which is healthy for us both physically and emotionally and we will strive to get that. Despite suffering from physical injury I opted tor the emotional/physical lift I knew I could get. But I did take some rational precautions. Note that when using a cane or staff (staff is much better the mobility device is placed on the opposite side of the body from the injuried limb. and is moved in cadence with the injured limb. This way the weight is shifted so that no more than half the body weight is carried on the injured limb but using an injured limb once the break is stabilized accelerates healing. The Walkie-Talkie hanging around my neck actually works better than a cell phone. It is a Radio shack model from about 10 years ago and does not suffer from dead spots. It can reach the house from the other side of the ridge and sometimes the ridge is 90 feet higher than the low point I am in and the ridge is between me and the house. I use it Just in case a further adverse event befalls me. I cannot reliably get that level of performance even when I have line of sight to the cellphone tower and the house is on land line!

As I have no pockets in my attire I simply twist up that shop towel into a rope like entity and tie it around the staff with an overhand knot. As the broken ankle has now partially healed the cast serves as a walking cast and just today they replaced the cast with an even better plastic unit that looks like a high topped boot extending to just below the knee. As the weather finally warmed up I was not about to waste the opportunity so I hiked over the affore mentioned ridge all the way to the back of the property, It was great. However we are having an ice storm this evening so it remains to see what tomorrow will bring. Tonight the ice storm may bring the power lines down . but we have propane back up heat in a portable heater that can keep the house tolerable down to around zero F for about a week on a 20 lb bottle and we have two 20 lb bottles so we can go fill one while the other fuels the heater and we are only about 5 miles from where we can get those filled.

So depending on conditions and situation we can enjoy our retirement from as pleasant home and still take in the natural environment on our own terms. But yes I am still looking forward to spring and lots of gardening and outings. take care ya'll
Bare Truth.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 am

Great report Bare_Truth and I’m glad you were able to get out and enjoy some nude time in the outdoors, doing so safely. I worked awhile in the backyard this afternoon in temps comfortable enough to have done it Nude. Only problem, my wife would have complained since she’s against my nudity. It would have been compounded by the fact our daughter was home on her day off too.

The daughter and I tanned at the salon this morning as we’ve been doing for the last couple of months now, fully nude, of course, since we both hate tanlines. It’s not the circumstances I’d prefer but at least I’m able to keep a tan and still get some nude time beyond simply sleeping in the nude.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:47 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:The daughter and I tanned at the salon this morning as we’ve been doing for the last couple of months now, fully nude, of course, since we both hate tanlines. It’s not the circumstances I’d prefer but at least I’m able to keep a tan .......Jim

I don't mean this to gloat, but it seems I am somewhat blessed in that while I do not tan as quickly as many and I have to be at least a little bit careful not to burn, (at least at first in the spring), my tan, once achieved tends to have a slow rate of fading. Back in my "younger, pre-naturist days", when summer clothing left me with tan lines, and I was living in the northern tier of states, my tan lines would persist into December and maybe faintly as late as February, just when it was getting to be time to start all over again.

Now that I am living much farther south and have taken up with naturism and have taken up the practice of getting out in the sun naked at least one day per month totally starkers I seem to retain some degree of tan and start rebuilding it even befor winter is officially over. As the garden soil is workable as early as late February I can fire up the tractor with its rotary tiller and get in a few hours of tanning on the tractor while naked while I do spring plowing and manual work setting stakes as I lay out the rows So I really rarerly have any tan lines worthy of the name. When doing the spring planting and some of the other garden work I may throw on an old thin long sleved shirt after the first hour or so when the sun gets high around mid day. But I don't have to devote any special tasks or time to getting my tan back up to full strength so that I recover a good working tan to avoid burns. I might get a bit "Pink" during such work sessions or might show some "slightly diffuse"zone boundarys but not really anything that I would call a "Tan Line"
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Good for you Bare_Truth. I envy you your freedom but am happy for yo as well. I, in the past, could start my tanning sessions in about mid-January outdoors but this winter has been unusually chilly. And, to the peace, it’s just easier to go to the salon.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Well let Me see now..... What Have I been doing.

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Date:......... March 22 20
Sky .......... Bright and sunny
Temperature for the day
.................,,,,, Morning at sun up.....33 F...0.7 C
...................... Mid Morning............ 60 F... 16 C
...................... Early afternoon.........70 F... 21.1 C
.......................Late afternoon..........79 F ... 26,1 C
Wind......... Lite to zero all day
Well Duh! Watcha All think I been doing? ............... Ive been spending the day walking in the woods Nekid ! And wishin I had a bunch of my naturist frines here to spend it with me.

What with the leaves still off the trees and plenty of branches to provide enough shadow to break up of the sunlight, to lower the burn risk and low enough breeze so at its highest it won't make it too cool; its Ideal conditions to walk around in the NATURAL condition making multiple sorties to the back of the property and back again, working on the beginnings of a tan, and enjoying a break from normal retirement putterings.

About a week ago Winter seems to have packed it in until autum....... I did find one tick on me, but he was still just strolling around so I put him in the trap of the sink and added a few drops of soap to make sure he sinks. All of which is to say I enjoyed some hours of very fine spring nude weather. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

WISH YOU WERE HERE AND WONDERING WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO GET A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS HERE FOR AN OVERNIGHT CAMPOUT ONE OF THESE WEEKENDS SOON. Grrass has not turned green yet and I can mow it back in the grassy field and then it will be softer on bare feet. Another few weeks and the Doc, may be able to give me the all clear to use my leg agan as the break in my ankle may be good enough by then without having to wrap it tight and restrict use to light duty only. I am already using it extensively but I am not yet ready to go up on the roof to inspect for wind damage on the roof. :duh: (I won't likely do that nude because my bamboo hedge is not likely to be quite high enough to please the neighbors as that is when they leave for work and the school bus comes for their kids. :shock: , (not to mention that If I slip and slide up there, those shingles could be a bit harsh on bare skin.)

Bare_Truth
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:WISH YOU WERE HERE AND WONDERING WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO GET A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS HERE FOR AN OVERNIGHT or extended weekend CAMPOUT ONE OF THESE WEEKENDS SOON.

Oh No!!! Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa !!!!!!
Did I actually say
" A bunch of you guys"
............???? By no means did I intend to be sexist or agist. No No Not at all!!!! By all means bring the wives the gals and girl friends*** kids^^^ grand kids Grand Pas, Grand Mas to the free camp out. (Parents to be responsible for minors and what they do.)
(*** "appropriarate" separate sleeping accommodations required for non-spousal mixed gender couples "compliant with biblical chastity standards" required as well)
(^^^ Legitimate child custody arrangement required should that be an issue)

This is not intended to be restricted to just guys
Note that are talking about trailers, tents, or "under the stars sleeping bag" camping in a naturist group area or in clearings in the woods. (I.E. as civilized or rough as you choose to manage it.

P.M. if necessary.

Exact Location to be provided upon registration
--S.W. Missouri
--10 Miles from I-44
-- vicinity of Lebanon.
-- All weather roads as far as the property about 2 miles of gravel.
-- Approaches from Camdenton and Sleeper
--10 miles to full service groceries,
-- pizza less than 10 miles
-- 2 miles to quick stop stores.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:28 am

Bare_Truth,
Sounds fantastic! Lo, it is almost a 10 hour drive one way for me.

As to what have I done naturally lately. Surprisingly, I have had fewer naked opportunities on my back deck in March than I had in January or February. Only, one afternoon thus far. So, I have had to be satisfied with my usual routine, sleep and prepare breakfast in the morning. Strip upon returning from work, train in my home gym, then begin preparing dinner. About 4:30 throw on some shorts Incase my daughter brings friends home from school. After dinner, a shower then spend the rest of the evening naked until bedtime.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:22 pm

The weather is changing. This morning after a hot tub excursion I made some nice hot oatmeal, sat at the patio table in the sun's rays and have breakfast naked. Very light cool morning breeze but the war sunshine made it all pleasant.
Early morning is special...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:40 pm

Seems like a great breakfast webmeister. I’ve not done anything nude outdoors in far too long both due to chilly temperatures and my wife’s antinudist attitude. I’ve been able to spend a little time nude indoors when my wife and granddaughter aren’t home. Luckily, our daughter accepts my nudity as long as it’s only us.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:46 pm

High today76 F 28.8 C
Low since midnight 69F(20.55)C
Very thin overcast
Faing Breeze

Have gone from unseasonably cold to unseeasonably cold/
Took several woods walks
Had to use tick repellant and still pause frequently for tick checks and remove a few.
Washed both cars.
I hope I can get similar weather for garden planting....... Last frost date here is April 15 sometimes it is not even that late ............. But if you want to be sure and are planting something that is not frost hardy, e.g. such as sweet potatoes which are actually semi tropical in origin....... :roll:

I considered waxing the cars too but it has been rainy lately and the road is packed gravel with clay, and wile it is very solid clay, even when wet, the clay gets a worked up surface as soon as it rains and spatters the cars :x heavily.

Weather should be good consistantly in another couple weeks. and fine for putting in a garden a bit before that.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby geologist2007 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:36 am

Here is it is May 7 and we are still dealing with cold winds, overcast and flurries. Just a few days ago we encountered icy roads, with many cars in the ditch including one upside down. My body craves the warmth of sunshine! So, I haven't done much naturally lately except sleep and other indoor activities. Forecast looks promising for the weekend, but I think weather forecasters do that on purpose to tease us!
geologist2007
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue May 07, 2019 4:18 pm

I resumed my hot tub activity, but last week I was in San Francisco for the Silent Film Festival at th e Castro Theatre. That is the neighborhood where the gay crowd live. One noteworthy item is a few people who can still get away with walking around naked in the neighborhood. My wife and I could not quite decide if they were doing it for their own enjoyment or if they were trying to make a social statement. No one seemed to care, although some were talking about them and snikkering a little. Three guys and one gal at one time on Friday, on Saturday and Sunday it was rather cold and they were gone.

In some ways I was a little jealous. Why can't we all do this without incurring the wrath of the public?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed May 08, 2019 4:11 pm

I have gotten a little behind on my gardening and while the ground is ready and I have made my garden map I have not yet gotten any planting done, and my wife beat me to the punch and planted her tomatoes and peppers. I, on the other hand, have about 60 sweet potatoe transplants ready to go in and about 11 cabbage plants (think sauerkraut and also corned beef and cabbage) About half of the sweet potato plants will go for the food bank @ about 4 lbs per plant = 100 + lbs of sweet potatoes if we get a resonable typical harvest.

All the tractor work for the garden, of late, I have been able to do in Nudist style so that means I have gotten a start on my summer tan and as I am doing my lawn mowing of late with my tractor mounted 5' wide rotary mower I get that tanning time too. (That 5' wide tractor mounted field mower is the one machine that will stand up to all the rocks that keep pushing up out of this rocky Missouri soil, when it encounters fist sized rocks it reduces many of them to limestone gravel, aka crushed rock) The mower does a fair approximation of regular lawn mowing and I don't have to take off an hour or two repairing the mower. :roll: (Not to mention that I don't accomplish much tanning from the flourescent lights of the machine shop :wink:. Fortunately the mower deck provides good shielding from any shrapnel the mower produces. :roll:

As nude tractor operating time goes I got in some extra this spring due to all the heavy rains. The run off has been so heavy I had to use the tiller and grader blade to first loosen the soil and then grade it into an improved (I hope :shock: ) "run off control" configuration. But I got several hours of quality nude tractor time. (One little drawback though..........), While on the tractor I sit astride the transmission housing which gets hot enough to blister the skin if my bare lower legs and feet should happen to come up against the housing which gets quite hot. Needless to say that I move promptly if such contact occurs. Nevertheless, I have had a few brief such contacts and the transmission and hydraulics housing gets a good bit more than just warm when the tractor is laboring at such heavy work as earth grading. I need to work out some sort of shielding mounted on the tractor or some sort of legging on my lower leg and ankles, ......albeit..... it might make for some interesting tan lines & patterns, (such as nicely tanned legs above comparatively white shins..... :shock: :shock: :shock:). Maybe I could do it with some winter weight wool "knee socks"!
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 am

Usual routine on Saturday morning. Get up to down to my garage gym & train nude. Then, dress and head to the grocery store back home by 8am and unload the truck. Strip down, cook and eat breakfast. Wait for the rest of the house to wake up. I have a terry cloth wrap I wear once everyone is up. Took my daughter to get primer so we could paint my son’s previous room. Came home put the wrap back on and prepared to paint. My wife asked if I was going to wear the wrap. “No, I don’t want to get paint on it”. My daughter rolled her eyes but grabbed the other roller. I was nude while we both primed. Had to put shorts on to clean the rollers outside. Waited a few hours an the applied the first coat of paint, again nude while my daughter painted while dressed. Wore short again to clean the rollers. Then back to my wrap for dinner and clean up.
RMOlson
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism