Judge Warns: No Right to 'Visual Bodily Privacy' .........

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Judge Warns: No Right to 'Visual Bodily Privacy' .........

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 am

From the website at: https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/april/judge-warns-no-right-to-visual-bodily-privacy-for-high-school-girls
"Judge Warns: No Right to 'Visual Bodily Privacy' for High School Girls"

Albeit that the judge's ruling strikes a blow against excessive textile fetish, this is not the way I would ever want to see it come about; "by judicial mandate !". It is all wrong to enforce OR induce nude acceptance and will only harm acceptance of nudity by bringing it about under jackboot of enforced compliance. A sensible acceptance of a healthy view of the uncovered Human form can only come about when it is introduced as a natural phenomenon and not by goverfnment meddling. This sort of Judicial Meddling can only serve make matters worse. To be either nude or swathed in textiles needs to be a choice and not a government mandate imposed on the unwilling against social norms of the majority. Is there some upper limit of I.Q. that is mandated to qualify to sit upon a judicial bench ?????? :argh:
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Judge Warns: No Right to 'Visual Bodily Privacy' .......

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am

I agree with you Bare_Truth, forced nudity is NOT the way to accomplish anything. Force, at some point, always results in rebellion and results in resentment no matter how well the intention may have been. This is all about trying to force LGBTQ ( a very small minority) “rights” onto the much larger population. The article noted only “three of the five” who’d brought the original suit were moving forward as if two parents or sets of parents had accepted the wisdom of the judge’s order versus acknowledging they no longer, perhaps, had the financial or other means to continue the fight for the privacy of tgeir saughteds against forced body exposure in the schools’ locker rooms.

While I would like to see nudism normalized I do believe forcing it upon others is not the way to gain wide spread acceptance. At present, we still live in a “clothed-minded” society where privacy over one’s body is expected due to long held cultural norms and cannot be ignored by court fiat.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:08 pm

I expect the clothed majority, the textiles, to have a greater issue with this. For many of us, our desired push is toward more acceptance of nude bodies, of any bodies. For this, we need more places, which are generally known, used and designated for such opportunity for being nude, with others who are nude. And we should support such movements of equality for human bodies as Free The Nipple, which is important, besides in itself, for the growth of more of such opportunities that our desired push is toward.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:21 pm

If they're gonna let trans go where they want to go, (I seem to be getting the idea that transexual is boys who want to be girls and girls who want to be boys) they might as well just make all restrooms free for all.

Too many laws, limiting personal freedom of expression and action. What harms no one should be left alone, but the definition of harm has been warped to extreme. Harm is pretended and claimed where no real harm exists. Mental trauma from being seen naked by someone? opposite sex? Not the kind of trauma that lasts very long, as long as it's not actual sexual violation. And it's the kind of trauma that is not hard to cancel out just by readjusting the thought process. I know the time will come when a religious revival follows a disastrous event, and people will think they should please God by forcing everyone to observe Sunday as a day of rest. Big mistake. God cannot accept forced worship, and those who do the forcing are working for the wrong god who has called himself The Force in some venues. And then there are those who actually read the Bible and find a direct command to observe the 7th day of the week which is Saturday, and no command anywhere else to change it except in the records of history where the roman emperor gave the command in 321 AD, and the roman bishops voted to go along with it shortly thereafter. So they choose to observe the original day of rest instead of Sunday. Indeed it seems God approves of those who determine to carefully obey his law just as He wrote it. but the conflict over restroom use seems like foolishness.
DaveT
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism